Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich 7th December- No Streaming

Comments

• Options
    He was sticking up for you Shirty !!!
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    He was sticking up for you Shirty !!!
    Apologies you are correct. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    clb74 said:
    My question is 
    Should you be able to stream the ,Ipswich game for half the price it cost for a ticket to the game?
    Make it same price as a ticket 
    I see this the other way around. Make ticket prices cheaper not streaming more expensive. 

The finances of football are all wrong as we know and making it an expensive hobby is not the answer. 

It needs to be affordable for al. 
    Unfair.

Why should I pay more because my name's Paul in order to subsidise your mate Al?

😉
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    clb74 said:
    My question is 
    Should you be able to stream the ,Ipswich game for half the price it cost for a ticket to the game?
    I see this the other way around. Make ticket prices cheaper not streaming more expensive. 

The finances of football are all wrong as we know and making it an expensive hobby is not the answer. 

It needs to be affordable for al. 
    Unfair.

Why should I pay more because my name's Paul in order to subsidise your mate Al?

😉
    I don't know you but its OK Paul (Simon); 'You Can Call Me Al'  :D
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Just got the email through about watching the Morecambe game on Charlton live for £10.
    And then think what a mug I am going to the game and it costing over £400.
    Are you traveling up in a limo with strippers and cocaine?
    Be nice.
    Train, hotel,ticket , spending money and 2 days off work.
    Fair play to you, superb dedication and support.
  • Options
    What is more of an issue going forwards for clubs I suspect is IPTV and other means of getting the streams for free. You would think a proper supporter wouldn't wish to do this which I think will help. Maybe attracting more proper supporters, both online and in the Valley is the answer. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    As a season ticket holder I will be looking to attend 18 home games.
    If streaming becomes available for all games I might attend 10 games at the Valley
    Do we want to take my season ticket money and not worry whether I attend the games or watch them on a stream?
    If streaming becomes available for all games we will have less fans in the ground.
    Is this good for the game?
    You "might" attend only 10 games. Is this really honestly true? That's what we need to find out!

Streaming will ultimately attract more supporters to the ground in the same way that radio, CDs and Spotify attract people to gigs. The 21st century will soon be arriving!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    2121 said:
    I think shirty5 probably meant well and meant those locally (whilst meaning well). 

But hey ho lets cancel him. This forum sometimes. 🙈

A lot of people appear to be missing the point here. 

We had 23000 home fans last Saturday. The next home game on a Tuesday night we will be looking around 8000, whilst Ipswich have a full house in the away end. Those 8000 will make a hell of a noise. We need bums on seats to create an atmosphere. 

Don’t panic. They won’t cancel the stream. I was not advocating cancelling the stream on a permanent basis. But just on a one off to try and get more people inside the Valley. 

There is nothing sadly stopping watching all 46 league games on a VPN these days and there is nothing illegal about that, but technology has made it much easier for people not to get out of there armchairs and watch football live again in the flesh. 

That’s a sad state of affairs 
    A bit unfair on the Ipswich fans to have the stream stopped!

• Options
    I think I would have gone to Morecambe today if it wasn’t being streamed. Hasn’t affected my attendance at home games though, Mid-week or otherwise
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    shirty5 said:
    2121 said:
    I think shirty5 probably meant well and meant those locally (whilst meaning well). 

We had 23000 home fans last Saturday. The next home game on a Tuesday night we will be looking around 8000, whilst Ipswich have a full house in the away end. Those 8000 will make a hell of a noise. We need bums on seats to create an atmosphere. 

Don’t panic. They won’t cancel the stream. I was not advocating cancelling the stream on a permanent basis. But just on a one off to try and get more people inside the Valley. 

There is nothing sadly stopping watching all 46 league games on a VPN these days and there is nothing illegal about that, but technology has made it much easier for people not to get out of there armchairs and watch football live again in the flesh. 

I agree with your view but that’s not a like for like comparison, because you’re comparing announced with actual attendance. We had nowhere near 23,000 home fans on Saturday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    2121 said:

I agree with your view but that’s not a like for like comparison, because you’re comparing announced with actual attendance. We had nowhere near 23,000 home fans on Saturday. 
    Fair enough that should have said around 20000
  • Options
    To simply survive as a club we need paying spectators inside the Valley. TS stated this very cleary in his interview with the SLP last Friday.

So many on here either can't go to The Valley, or prefer the free ticket of Saturday's offer, pay a tenner to watch a stream or watch the stream where they don't pay.

Fair play to them but this will do us no good in the long run.

The club needs to try its upmost to get as many local people who currently don't go into The Valley as paying spectators. The current pricing structure is a joke and needs a radical overhaul. But the longer we remain in the EFL midweek games are here to stay so we need to be proactive in getting in as many people as possible to fill those seats.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    clb74 said:
    My question is 
    You must be joking.

1. The stream is not as good quality as normal TV. 
    2  I try to cast it to the TV but that doesn't always work so I then watch it on my phone.
    3. It will never be the same experience as going to the match. 
    Going to the match is an activity in itself. The stream means that I spend Saturday afternoon on the sofa. I prefer to get out so choose instead to do the gardening or play tennis on a Saturday.
    If I'd said to my son on Saturday 'fancy going to see Charlton v Plymouth?' he'd have jumped for joy and asked to bring a friend. As it was, he watched a bit and played on his console a bit.
    4. The price increase this season has already put me off the season pass.

• Options
    clb74 said:
    If streaming becomes available for all games I might attend 10 games at the Valley
    Do we want to take my season ticket money and not worry whether I attend the games or watch them on a stream?
    If streaming becomes available for all games we will have less fans in the ground.
    You "might" attend only 10 games. Is this really honestly true? That's what we need to find out!

Streaming will ultimately attract more supporters to the ground in the same way that radio, CDs and Spotify attract people to gigs. The 21st century will soon be arriving!
    It's true steve.
    Left the valley at 4.55pm Saturday arrived home at 7.10pm.
    I live in west Wickham what should be a 50minute train journey. 
    Stream the Saturday games and I'd be watching some games indoors.
  • Options
    Why is this thread still going? 
  • Options
    What is more of an issue going forwards for clubs I suspect is IPTV and other means of getting the streams for free. You would think a proper supporter wouldn't wish to do this which I think will help. Maybe attracting more proper supporters, both online and in the Valley is the answer. 
    Are people watching Valley Pass games for free?? News to me. They may be using a VPN, but they still have to pay. They watch illegal streams when Sky cover the games. 

I know what you mean about proper supporters being ready to pay, but I think we have to recognise that in this respect it’s easier to be “proper” when like you and I, they are older and not short of disposable income.
  • Options
    I am not sure how it works, but I think I picked up on here that you can watch club's streams for free on IPTV. I wouldn't even contemplate doing so and I'm sure most fans would think likewise.
  • Options
    Are people watching Valley Pass games for free?? News to me. They may be using a VPN, but they still have to pay. They watch illegal streams when Sky cover the games. 

I know what you mean about proper supporters being ready to pay, but I think we have to recognise that in this respect it’s easier to be “proper” when like you and I, they are older and not short of disposable income.
    You can watch every single Charlton game for free, if you want. 

I imagine quite a few do, which is a shame as the annual pass seems great value to me, especially with the discount you get for being an ‘international addick’ 
  • Options
    Can you prove how many people we are losing at live games because of the streams? Its like trying to prove how many people would have actually bought an album vs pirating the mp3s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I imagine quite a few do, which is a shame as the annual pass seems great value to me, especially with the discount you get for being an ‘international addick’ 
    I can understand that it would not be wise to give away full details, but where (if you know) is the paywall leak? The Valley Pass feed or the iFollow feed, which I believe we use for the basic coverage?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but IPTV is just the tech which allows my TV to play Netflix, and others, on demand, from my remote. But I still have to pay for those channels.So if this is happening, it must be fixable? 

The "discount for being an International Addick" is a bit of an issue too, but that's another story, one which is more about the enthusiastic but amateurish set-up at The Valley which Thomas is a bit frustrated with.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:

It's true steve.
    Left the valley at 4.55pm Saturday arrived home at 7.10pm.
    I live in west Wickham what should be a 50minute train journey. 
    Stream the Saturday games and I'd be watching some games indoors.
    You live on the fringes like me! I got home around 7:30. (Death, taxes and replacement buses...).

But you can watch all the games for a tenner already. Just download Opera.
  • Options

I can understand that it would not be wise to give away full details, but where (if you know) is the paywall leak? The Valley Pass feed or the iFollow feed, which I believe we use for the basic coverage?
    Correct me if I'm wrong but IPTV is just the tech which allows my TV to play Netflix, and others, on demand, from my remote. But I still have to pay for those channels.So if this is happening, it must be fixable? 

The "discount for being an International Addick" is a bit of an issue too, but that's another story, one which is more about the enthusiastic but amateurish set-up at The Valley which Thomas is a bit frustrated with.
    I think you misunderstand exactly how IPTB can work. It can, if used correctly (or I guess incorrectly) get you Netflix, sky, virgin, iFollow, pay per view boxing etc etc etc for free. 

As for where the paywall leak is, I would guess with iFollow, but I honestly have no idea, but if sky / universal and paramount etc cant stop these services, Charton, the EFL and iFollow don’t have a chance. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Why is this thread still going? 
    Apart from your normal whining do you have any constructive comments to say or just being your self importance? 
  • Options

You are well off the mark Prague.

I use an IPTV service and it costs me £20.00 per year, yes that is right £1.66 per month.

For that I get access to pretty much every TV programme, box set, film and sport that is broadcast on TV. And this is world wide, my channel list contains hundreds from countries all around the globe.

As for football it has a dedicated EFL channel which shows every Football League game live. So in last nights case I selected the EFL channel, clicked on the Charlton badge and was able to watch the entire game in HD quality with the Charlton TV crew including Peter Shirtcliffe commentating.

Had I wanted too I could have clicked on another club badge who were playing last night and watched their game, its as simple as that.

And I do not use a VPN.   
    And if you wish you can watch the Charlton TV build up for free on You Tube
  • Options

I use an IPTV service and it costs me £20.00 per year, yes that is right £1.66 per month.

For that I get access to pretty much every TV programme, box set, film and sport that is broadcast on TV. And this is world wide, my channel list contains hundreds from countries all around the globe.

As for football it has a dedicated EFL channel which shows every Football League game live. So in last nights case I selected the EFL channel, clicked on the Charlton badge and was able to watch the entire game in HD quality with the Charlton TV crew including Peter Shirtcliffe commentating.

Had I wanted too I could have clicked on another club badge who were playing last night and watched their game, its as simple as that.

And I do not use a VPN.   
    Clearly I am. I’m pretty gobsmacked to learn that.

How can it be legal? It’s a blatant infringement of broadcast rights on an industrial scale. Dont tell me on here the exact details, but do you know where the company is based, that you’ve paid?
  • Options

And I do not use a VPN.   

How can it be legal? It’s a blatant infringement of broadcast rights on an industrial scale. Dont tell me on here the exact details, but do you know where the company is based, that you’ve paid?
    Its not legal, far from it IPTV providers are getting closed down but just like most things, one goes down and two pop up. No idea where the money goes and where they are based.

My nephew put me on to this latest one and paid for it and I paid him. 
  • Options

And I do not use a VPN.   

100% illegal, just like torrenting, but it is essentially unstoppable.