Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Seat Thrower

Comments

• I sit in the lower covered C and in the last few games I’ve seen (and reported) laser pointers directed at the photographers and players being pelted with whatever came to hand. Couldn’t go yesterday but this is appalling.
  • No relation of Percy Thrower by any chance? 
  • Sat in North Lower and everyone around me was brilliant. Fantastic humour going on and everyone respecting each other, thought it was a brilliant atmosphere and would happily sit amongst them for next week.
    I sit amongst some great people and agree re the atmosphere, however recently have noticed a few incidents I haven’t seen before.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was at Cheltenham last week and Carling was £6.30 in a plastic glass.
  • You should count yourself lucky you don't live in another country. Those games are full of flares, smoke bombs, fireworks etc... Not justyfying it, but we are a bit mambi pambi over all that. This includes: Germany, Netherlands, France, The Scandanavian countries.
  • The main thing is the ref mentioning it in the report. Much more and there's the possibility of stand closures, fines etc. 
  • The back of F block used to have a good natured bunch, singing retro songs and being supportive.
    Now it seems, it must be different folk there, what with the fight and seat throwing.
    This stuff has no place at The Valley - the culprits should head a few miles up the road if they want to do that stuff.
    Don't get me started on the smoke bombs - but U18's can't be searched and therein lies the problem.
    No one is searched at the moment, not sure if that’s covid related (sure I was searched at an away match this season, possibly Lincoln).
  • There was a cursory pat-down at Burton, but hardly comprehensive. 
  • clb74 said:
    Smoke bomb not flare. Very different prospect and considerably less dangerous.
    That's alright then.

It's pretty much impossible to get burns from a smoke bomb unless you are a complete imbecile and hold your hand over the end the smoke comes from. Very different from a flare that actual burns as serious heat. That's all I'm saying. Important distinction to make. Not saying it's not idiotic and I get the asthma/breaking point. 

All I'm saying is let's on accidentally turn it into something it's not.
    Smoke is generated by heat. The canister could cause injury. No place in a football stadium.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope you’re ok @yunkstah

• Technically a FBO is only supposed to be given if it reduces the risk of violence. Always worthwhile finding a decent lawyer before simply accepting a ban because they tell you to.

Club ban is different of course. 
  • shirty5 said:
    clb74 said:
    That's alright then.

It's pretty much impossible to get burns from a smoke bomb unless you are a complete imbecile and hold your hand over the end the smoke comes from. Very different from a flare that actual burns as serious heat. That's all I'm saying. Important distinction to make. Not saying it's not idiotic and I get the asthma/breaking point. 

Don't know why this was in reply to me. I never said it was okay just wanted to make the distinction that it was a smoke bomb not a flare. 
  • shirty5 said:
    clb74 said:
    That's alright then.

Don't know why this was in reply to me. I never said it was okay just wanted to make the distinction that it was a smoke bomb not a flare. 

• shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    clb74 said:
    That's alright then.

Unique
  • shirty5 said:
    Pedro45 said:
    sam3110 said:
    kodfish said:
    sam3110 said:
    What section did it come from?
    Rear of F block lower Covered end. I hope he’s caught & banned utter moron.
    Behind where I usually sit then, I had to duck out right on the whistle today to catch the train, probably the same bellends that were starting fights a couple of games ago and got kicked out by security eventually.
    Something must have happened in the Upper North before the game as there was a bloke with blood coming out of his nose & his mates hammering on toilet doors wanting loo paper to help stop the bleeding. 
    Someone said on Facebook that the drummer got nutted apparently...
    The drummer! What’s that poor fella done wrong? 
    The tempo of Valley Floyd Road for starters....

The drummer was on my train on the way home. I didn't see him, but you could bloody well hear him
  • JT_87 said:
    DA9 said:
    Almost text the abuse line myself

£5 for fosters in a plastic glass!!!!

Serious note, saw the seat come flying from my periphery to the right, the older steward at the front was shocked to say the least, his shake of the head in complete disappointment said it all, absolute bell end behaviour and completely out of context and no need.
    Even as someone helps deliver beer / drive sales of beer at a Football stadium, fiver for Fosters is ludricous, same with Carling and Carlsberg.

Should be same price as water. 
    Which they knock out at a ridiculous £2.20 a bottle. 

Probably costs something like 15-20p a bottle from the wholesalers.
  • Croydon said:
    Technically a FBO is only supposed to be given if it reduces the risk of violence. Always worthwhile finding a decent lawyer before simply accepting a ban because they tell you to.

Club ban is different of course. 
    True but taking a knuckle duster with you to a game might come under risk of violence as was the case with a recent high profile CAFC related FBO
  • shirty5 said:
    Pedro45 said:
    sam3110 said:
    kodfish said:
    sam3110 said:
    What section did it come from?
    Rear of F block lower Covered end. I hope he’s caught & banned utter moron.
    Behind where I usually sit then, I had to duck out right on the whistle today to catch the train, probably the same bellends that were starting fights a couple of games ago and got kicked out by security eventually.
    Something must have happened in the Upper North before the game as there was a bloke with blood coming out of his nose & his mates hammering on toilet doors wanting loo paper to help stop the bleeding. 
    Someone said on Facebook that the drummer got nutted apparently...
    The drummer! What’s that poor fella done wrong? 
    The tempo of Valley Floyd Road for starters....

The drummer was on my train on the way home. I didn't see him, but you could bloody well hear him
    Did he get wicked?