Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Plymouth Argyle | Saturday 20th November 2021

Comments

• Options
    What a game! After our dominant 1st half with no reward, I was worried we might get caught out against the run of play and lose in front of the big crowd (we've seen it so many times). But no, the players battled for JJ and us, and got what we deserved. Announce Jacko...please

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Just following up with something from the match thread
    Will young Master Stockley have to play full back on his return?
    That should be centre back, surely?
    Nicholas said:
    Absolutely gutted I wasn't there today as I tested positive for Covid :( Really wanted to take my boy to a packed valley for once.  Brilliant performance by the boys today so nice to see a proper team again.  Coyr 
    Hope you've just got a mild case @Nicholas, and that there'll be another close to full house in the near future to take him to.

Good results from the next couple (?) of away games and the next one up at home is Ipswich who have already sold out their away end so
    i suspect there may well be a very good turnout 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Nicholas said:
    Absolutely gutted I wasn't there today as I tested positive for Covid :( Really wanted to take my boy to a packed valley for once.  Brilliant performance by the boys today so nice to see a proper team again.  Coyr 
    Hope you've just got a mild case @Nicholas, and that there'll be another close to full house in the near future to take him to.
    Thanks mate just ate a teaspoon of English mustard for the sake of it  tasted nothing 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    Been working all day so just got in and catching up with the result and views. It's astonishing how things have turned around in the last month and, as someone who's been a little sceptical about the new manager 'bounce' previously, I'm very pleased to see it quite so clearly in action.

It's like a different club! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicholas said:
    aliwibble said:
    Nicholas said:
    Thanks mate just ate a teaspoon of English mustard for the sake of it  tasted nothing 🤦‍♂️
    Ah man sorry to hear you missed that. Just got over it myself and self isolation finished last Thursday midnight. Would have have been gutted to miss that if self isolation had lasted longer. And everything tasting like paint eased up this morning too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic. That’s all really.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    1StevieG said:
    Chris Sutton on five live commenting on Plymouth losing “Of all the teams to lose to they lose to Charlton”. Shows he knows f all. 
    Can’t stand that c**t
    He is a proper wind up merchant. Knows f all outside the premier league of Celtic. 
    Edited.
  • Options
    Something very special is happening.  Jackson simply must get the job. 

I think there'll be serious fan backlash if he doesn't 
    Wasn't there. Fantastic result. Must have been great to be there. However, following on Charlton Life meant I was haunted throughout the game by the fact of the photo  that showed Neil Harris was there. It kept reverberating about Thomas's words during the week as the performance just got better and better.
    I hope and pray the die is not cast.
     It will be a massive own goal, Thomas.
    Fkin brilliant Charlton , love it!
  • Options
    Oh and can we have some videos please