Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burton Albion vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th November 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Leuth said:
    Cloudworm said:
    If he goes Clare as the third defender, I’ll say a defeat. If he plays Clare on the right with Deje coming in, draw. 
    What is this negative nonsense? Honestly! It's like you didn't watch DJ versus Doncaster or Rotherham
    Hardly Danny Mills, is he? We’ll see Leuth. I hope I’m proved wrong.
  • We win this 2-1 based on the postcode of this Burton hotel, DE14 2JJ
  • What ever happened to the Away fans guide on the official site ? 
    Lack of use so binned it , only required for new grounds 
  • Superb preview but sorry to see that talented young CL academy product,  Ben, written off so early in his career.  I assume like Albie Morgan, he showed great promise but ultimately, he could only be trusted in the minor fixtures. 

It's always the way, managers going back to their old favourites, and finding any excuse to blame and drop talented young prospects, highlighting their mistakes - a split infinitive in paragraph 3, dallying too long in paragraph 7 - instead of accentuating the positives.

I can see Ben leaving at the end of the season, and being snapped up elsewhere. Give it a few years, and he'll be writing the previews for Bournemouth Life in the Premier League

I tend to agree with this analysis. But so many of our talented youngsters have all the flair of colourful adjectives, telling analogies and powerful metaphors but just aren't prepared for the hard graft of basic punctuation, grammar and spelling.

A few years on a gritty, unforgiving and obscure northern sports website could be the passport he needs for a glittering career and lifestyle in the premership and all the illegal substances and hookers that are associated with it. 
  • Cloudworm said:
    Leuth said:
    Cloudworm said:
    If he goes Clare as the third defender, I’ll say a defeat. If he plays Clare on the right with Deje coming in, draw. 
    What is this negative nonsense? Honestly! It's like you didn't watch DJ versus Doncaster or Rotherham
    No, but we are playing Burton.
  • Few weeks back would have cut a testicle off for a point , now I’ll have the hump with a draw !! 
    Greedy to get out of this shithouse in the right direction
  • Cloudworm said:
    Leuth said:
    Cloudworm said:
    A big reason the formation has worked is having the balance of an attacking player on the right. Taking that away from the team will make us much weaker going forward.
  • Scoham said:
    Cloudworm said:
    Leuth said:
    Cloudworm said:
    A big reason the formation has worked is having the balance of an attacking player on the right. Taking that away from the team will make us much weaker going forward.
    We're following Southgate, who when playing 3 at the back likes using Walker, a RB as the right CB, rather than having 3 conventional CBs. The other 2 CBs can deal with the centre forward and aerial threat
  • Scoham said:
    Cloudworm said:
    Leuth said:
    Cloudworm said:
    We're following Southgate, who when playing 3 at the back likes using Walker, a RB as the right CB, rather than having 3 conventional CBs. The other 2 CBs can deal with the centre forward and aerial threat
    Southgate following Jacko surely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great ticket offer for the Plymouth game. Should have the place rocking.
  • Where to drink before the game?
  • Reckon we will lose this one and Jimmy Krankie installed as manager the following Monday with JJ missing out on the full role again.
    who?

One of these two, I forget which one.
    Fandabbydozzy!!!!
  • edited November 2021
    Cliché corner:

Take one game at a time, and that game is Burton away and they have Big Arse in charge and we have JJ who has 7 points from 3 games since calling the formation, tactics and demanded a battle for the shirt.

No battle, no victory.

JFH is a tinker man so it difficult to know his set up, but we must play on the front foot and impose our game on them.

The flexible 3-5-2 have galvanised the team under Jackson but he may surprise today with his Selection.

He who dares, win.

• It's refreshing not to hear a Charlton manager constantly rattling on about 'matching the other team/formation/shape. 

Team's didn't expect our 3142 lineups from Sunderland to awful Doncaster to zippy Rotherham.

At this level you just take the game to the opposition.

• First of all, I want us to win for poor old @grumpyaddick who has my greatest sympathy.

Mostly however this is a game I especially want to win because there is no-one else in football I loathe more than Hasselwank. With the lack of Derby matches, this is the one. I'd like to see our players score some driving volleys and overhead kicks like Hasselwank did for every team except us and then run over to him kissing the badge profusely. For good measure for each goal pin eleven Charlton rosettes on that big fat stinking ugly arse. 
  • Scoham said:
    Cloudworm said:
    Leuth said:
    Cloudworm said:
    With Matthews or Gunter behind them though, rather than Clare.
  • anybody know if there is commentary on the radio or anywhere for this match?

• I'll write up a Match Thread dreckly.

Watch this space!

• DOUCHER said:
    anybody know if there is commentary on the radio or anywhere for this match?

Boys are here. We’ve got live comms of Charlton’s trip to Burton on @BBCLondonSport on 94.9 FM and DAB this afternoon (not online) #cafc pic.twitter.com/F6FK3mtH8L

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) November 13, 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• First of all, I want us to win for poor old @grumpyaddick who has my greatest sympathy.

Mostly however this is a game I especially want to win because there is no-one else in football I loathe more than Hasselwank. With the lack of Derby matches, this is the one. I'd like to see our players score some driving volleys and overhead kicks like Hasselwank did for every team except us and then run over to him kissing the badge profusely. For good measure for each goal pin eleven Charlton rosettes on that big fat stinking ugly arse. 

At long last , some sympathy from a fellow Lifer for a  hostage suffering in captivity and dealing with terrible conditions and very poor food. Thank you @jimmymelrose

• edited November 2021
    Team line up posted, opening thread above. 

FAO Golfie  :wink:    @golfaddick

• Full comms on BBC Radio London 94.9fm and DAB today  - not on BBC website though so you need a radio 
  • thanks chaps
  • LouisMend said:
    Full comms on BBC Radio London 94.9fm and DAB today  - not on BBC website though so you need a radio 
    A radio, like my Nan's wireless you mean, retro 20th century technology.......? 

How on earth will today's bright young things cope? :smile:

• Oggy Red said:
    LouisMend said:
    Full comms on BBC Radio London 94.9fm and DAB today  - not on BBC website though so you need a radio 

i've got it on my laptop no problem
  • DOUCHER said:
    Oggy Red said:
    LouisMend said:

The feed tends to get cut out at 2pm - it's something to do with the EFL rights BBC London have 
  • LouisMend said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Oggy Red said:
    LouisMend said:

The feed tends to get cut out at 2pm - it's something to do with the EFL rights BBC London have 
    okay thanks - there is  abar on screen that looks like it may end at 3pm so maybe will cut out then - have radio to hand
  • Very impressed with DJ.