Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Burton Albion vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th November 2021 | Match Preview

Comments

• Superb preview but sorry to see that talented young CL academy product,  Ben, written off so early in his career.  I assume like Albie Morgan, he showed great promise but ultimately, he could only be trusted in the minor fixtures. 

Slightly worried we may have lost some momentum due to the dual distraction of  the FA Cup and the Pointless Pizza eating competion.

Also Leko, Lavelle and Washington would all be first choices as would Gunter with Mathews injured. So that's four key absences.

Would like to see a win because Saturday will be Day 18 of my  21 day sentence in Q Prison and  frankly I am losing the plot. The deluge of personal messages of support and solidarity from all on CL has been both moving and very notably absent. 

1-2 Charlton and there will be naked dancing and howling like a mad dog on the 23rd floor of the Best Western Sai Ying Pun. 
    We haven’t missed Lavelle at all thus far 
  • does anybody know how many we're taking?

Can't see anything but an Addicks win, 2-0.
  • Croydon said:
    does anybody know how many we're taking?

Can't see anything but an Addicks win, 2-0.
    Roughly 920 sold it looks like.
  • I wonder if Clare may get the right wing back position to not only get forward but also as better defensive support for Deji who will get the RCB role in the 3 at the back. Also Pearce can be JJ's captain at the back and advise both Deji and Akin with Dobson the defensive cover.
    We are 18th in League1 so any talk of top 6 is premature.

With Kettle and his penchant for handing out cards being Legendary it's a hard one to call but will go for a 2-1 win but in our position an away draw would be fine.
  • edited November 2021
    One thing I've noticed is that when we drew with Rotherham posters on here were saying it was a good result. 
    Now a few are saying a draw at Burton would be a good result. 
    But some then go on to say we have a chance of reaching the playoffs. 
    Now personally I don't think we will make the playoffs but here's the thing.

If we are to climb this league and finish in the top six then a run of draws will simply not be good enough. 
    We have to put a winning run together if we are to get anywhere near the playoffs. 
    Depressingly, it's as simple as that. 
    Fixed that for you. 
    Sadly this is the first game I won’t be watching live, in some way or other, for ages, as I’m going with a friend to Dulwich Hamlet. He’s come along to three Charlton games now, so seems only fair. 
  • edited November 2021
    Great preview as usual, but lets hope the team are heading for Staffordshire rather than Derbyshire! I fancy us to avoid losing this one, hopefully sneak a win.

After you said that Tomahawk I had to check as I thought all the B's: Burton, Buxton and Bakewell were in Derbyshire;
    You learn something new every day !
  • Superb preview but sorry to see that talented young CL academy product,  Ben, written off so early in his career.  I assume like Albie Morgan, he showed great promise but ultimately, he could only be trusted in the minor fixtures. 

Slightly worried we may have lost some momentum due to the dual distraction of  the FA Cup and the Pointless Pizza eating competion.

Also Leko, Lavelle and Washington would all be first choices as would Gunter with Mathews injured. So that's four key absences.

Would like to see a win because Saturday will be Day 18 of my  21 day sentence in Q Prison and  frankly I am losing the plot. The deluge of personal messages of support and solidarity from all on CL has been both moving and very notably absent. 

1-2 Charlton and there will be naked dancing and howling like a mad dog on the 23rd floor of the Best Western Sai Ying Pun. 
    I think his sentences were too short. He really needs to be aiming for 5 or 6 lines per sentence to get the job full time.
  • Sponsored links:

• What ever happened to the Away fans guide on the official site ? 
  • What ever happened to the Away fans guide on the official site ? 
    The club appears to be no longer interested in providing information for travelling supporters.
    It is more keen on promoting Charlton TV.
  • edited November 2021
    One thing I've noticed is that when we drew with Rotherham posters on here were saying it was a good result. 
    Now a few are saying a draw at Burton would be a good result. 
    But some then go on to say we have a chance of reaching the playoffs. 
    Now personally I don't think we will make the playoffs but here's the thing.

If we are to climb this league and finish in the top six then a run of draws will simply not be good enough. 
    We have to put a winning run together if we are to get anywhere near the playoffs. 
    It's as simple as that. 
    It is of course true that we have to put a winning run together. The Rotherham draw was a good result in my eyes because I think they are currently the most difficult team to play against in this division and we more than competed. This level of competing is the level which suggests we can put a run together. Win six games on the trot as we did last year under Bowyer, before the wheels came off, and we will be there or there abouts.

I am looking at having goals in the team and being hard to score against. Under Jackson, I have seen these attributes so believe we can make the play offs, but some key injuries or loss of form and of course we won't. I think Burton away is a tough game, but it will be a good marker as will Plymouth at home. Four points from those two and I think we are on course. We need to take each game as it comes but our start doesn't leave us much of a margin.
  • clive said:
    What ever happened to the Away fans guide on the official site ? 
    The club appears to be no longer interested in providing information for travelling supporters.
    It is more keen on promoting Charlton TV.
    Argh ok. Charlton legendary goalscorer Josh Parker on this week! 
  • No Washington, no win

1 - 1 draw
  • Be interesting to see if playing squad players in the FA cup has affected the momentum of the first team.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Me and my boy are in the Burton end behind the goal!
  • supaclive said:
    Me and my boy are in the Burton end behind the goal!
    Hope you've both got decent sleeping bags
  • Free hit has gone, new manager bounce has gone, expecting a dispiriting 2-0 defeat as relegation reality sets in.
  • addickson said:
    Free hit has gone, new manager bounce has gone, expecting a dispiriting 2-0 defeat as relegation reality sets in.
    That’s the spirit. Glad you were never in my dressing room!
    Just as likely crush them as JJ and the players have set the standard.
  • addickson said:
    Free hit has gone, new manager bounce has gone, expecting a dispiriting 2-0 defeat as relegation reality sets in.
    You live in a very strange reality 
  • edited November 2021
    This could be tough with our missing players. Rather have the internationals who have been playing very well for us in recent games but there you go. First goal is crucial and I have a feeling the run may come to an end.2-0 to Burton.
  • This could be tough with our missing players. Rather have the internationals who have been playing very well for us in recent games but there you go. First goal is crucial and I have a feeling the run may come to an end.2-0 to Burton.
    They have missing players as well. Attitude is everything. JJ has attitude. Keep the faith.
  • If he goes Clare as the third defender, I’ll say a defeat. If he plays Clare on the right with Deje coming in, draw. 
  • Cloudworm said:
    If he goes Clare as the third defender, I’ll say a defeat. If he plays Clare on the right with Deje coming in, draw. 
    What is this negative nonsense? Honestly! It's like you didn't watch DJ versus Doncaster or Rotherham
  • I'll be venturing forth for this one.
    I'm gaily optimistic and still buying into the Jacko effect.
    Don't anybody burst my bubble. 
    0-2