Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Hameed gone for 9, another single figure score, really want the guy to succeed, but he's one of those who looks like he has all the tools but isn't doing it.

Hameed c Carey b Boland 9 (Eng 46-1)
  • Options
    For me, Hameed has the technique but his confidence his wrecked. The problem is, rather than just rotate the strike he seems to be just trying to play defensive shots every ball to get himself “in”. Wrong way to do it imo. 
  • Options
    Hameed's painful innings at an end. Burns back in at Hobart?
    From what's available probably yes. Good to see Crawley playing so positively but, most of all, his decision making has been very good too
  • Options
    So, no one thinking this is similar to Headingley 2019. 

Could we get 358 runs in a day...?  We still have Root, Bairstow, Stokes & Butler (if fit).

I reckon we have a sniff of getting out of there with a win. 
    Have we whinged at you so much for negativity that you're overcompensating?  
  • Options
    Think Crawley & Burns may be the way forward. Hameed looks lost against this attack on these pitches, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Think Crawley & Burns may be the way forward. Hameed looks lost against this attack on these pitches, unfortunately.
    Problem is: so did Burns.
  • Options
    50 up for Zak Crawley. :-)
  • Options
    It's the same as Charlton.
    The players always become better when they don't play. 
  • Options
    Burns was slightly better/less bad than Hameed...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crawley really has dominated - 50 off 69 whereas there's been 11 scored at the other end off 75
  • Options
    Well done Zak, keep going!
  • Options

I'm not so sure.
  • Options

I'm not so sure.
    Average 12.75 Vs 10  ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2022

I'm not so sure.
    Average 12.75 Vs 10  ;)
    Fair enough, the shiniest shit award goes to Rory Burns!
  • Options
    FFS Simon Mann, that's your fault
  • Options
    I was about to say it's nice to see an Englishman leave the ball outside the off stump until that last shot by Crawley.
    Awful shot by Malan.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Really enjoyed this from Crawley, nice to see someone (that isn't Root) in that middle ground of being busy and playing the bad balls, rather than either trying to block everything or try to smash everything.
  • Options
    Root can't complain about coming in in the 28th over
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    96-3.

Crawley lbw for 77. Hardly anyone else has looked liked scoring. Think a collapse is imminent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Such a shame. Crawley looked good & I like the way he was driving & pulling the ball. Deserved a 100. 
  • Options
    122-3 at lunch.

Root 13 (46)
    Stokes 16 (44)
  • Options
    I fell asleep just before Crawley got out and thought "he really deserves this 100 he's about to get" 

He was playing well, someone else summed it up, wasn't blocking or slashing at everything, was playing like a test batsman 
  • Options
    raining and covers going on …
    they waited till I woke up 
    Crawleys review 🤷‍♂️ Maybe just hoping a feather on bat but was hitting middle less than halfway , up so maybe hoping it was going under the stumps 
  • Options
    Crawley was brilliant. Would still prefer to see him at No.3 but we don't have 2 better openers sadly.
  • Options
    Why does it have to rain on the night I was planning to stay up!??!
  • Options
    Back out there now… about 50 overs left in the day. Still only three down.
  • Options
    Scotty bloody ‘Bowl’and. 

His metronomic bowling is going to give me
    nightmare for years to come. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    174-4 at tea. 35 overs left in the day.

Stokes 46 (97)
    Bairstow 10 (34)
  • Options
    Went to bed just before Zak was out, back up to see the glorious finale...