Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rotherham United | Tuesday 2 November 7:45pm

Comments

• Deserved lead in my opinion. A fairly tight match but Rotherham have looked more comfortable than us.
    Do they? - they've barely troubled MacGillivray

All pomp no end product 
    Last sentence sounds like my missus 
  • What was the fighting about in the lower Covered End during 1st half ????
  • sam3110 said:
    Foul throw, the ball back to the thrower looked marginal for offside, the cross looked like it could have gone out given how deep it was and nearly dropped over the back post, to a player clearly holding Gunter's shirt. How all of that culminated in a goal is slightly beyond me
    Not be beyond me, Rotherham clearly have the referee in their pocket
  • Jayajosh said:
    Officials have been fucking appalling and I’m watching on stream with replays 🤬
    No surprise really, they've all got the same kits as the Rotherham keeper. If they can't sort a simple thing like that out, what can you trust them to get right?
  • They're talking about it now in the studio but Rotherham have been full of running and absolutely everywhere tonight. They have won most of the second balls. We need to get it down and play more, but that's easier said than done because they are a good side.

Big challenge now for Jacko. Don't need a drastic overhaul at HT, just some tweaks around the edges. 
  • Last ten minutes of that half was as disjointed as we've looked. We're rushing everything. Perfect example is Craig nearly knocking out Pearce with a clearance
  • Not out of it yet and Rotherham have now gone top of the table. 
  • Undeserved on the balance of play - a good old fashioned battle though, we'll get back into this. Would like to see Davisson on at some stage to give Stockley some support.

On another note - excellent commentary from Terry & Brownie - really enjoy their insights & light years away from the nightmare days of the BBC radio woman commentator
    who used to chunter on about everything apart from the match - what was her name & whatever happened to her?
  • Looked a foul throw to me. Not really a lot in it up until that point. Matched them quite well but as dry as Jacobs going forward 
  • Ref is shit 

We are in this 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rotherham don't like pace. Hit 'em with CBT. Not sure for whom though. DJ has been just about our best performer so not him
  • edited November 2021
    Lucky Rotherham 0-1 HT, we are not taking our chances when they come, which we desperately need to do, second half kicking towards The Covered End may just get us back into it, we have had a good first 45 and have been let down by some shit refereeing, lets make it a better second 45.. very lucky Rotherham.. B)
  • We're watching two pretty good sides in a close game. Shame they nicked the goal at the end of the half. They've been the better side, but only just. 

No need to worry about DJ defensively, he's been great.

COYR.

The atmosphere here is absolutely rocking! 
  • Lee and Gilbey have not really got going. But if we had a goakscorer instead of Washington we would be level.
    Stockley's early booking took the aerial route out and we have not found another way through.
    Its going to be a tough second half.
  • CBT for Stockley. Or Davison for Stockley.
  • Famewo doesn't attack our set pieces in the opposition box but wants to dawdle on the ball when he doesn't really have much finesse. 

• edited November 2021
    Leuth said:
    Rotherham don't like pace. Hit 'em with CBT. Not sure for whom though. DJ has been just about our best performer so not him
    DJ has been excellent. Very different player to Leko, but can really put a decent ball in. Very useful tracking back too
  • We've been poor tbh
  • Oakster2 said:
    Undeserved on the balance of play - a good old fashioned battle though, we'll get back into this. Would like to see Davisson on at some stage to give Stockley some support.

On another note - excellent commentary from Terry & Brownie - really enjoy their insights & light years away from the nightmare days of the BBC radio woman commentator
    who used to chunter on about everything apart from the match - what was her name & whatever happened to her?
    They've had more possession, more shots and more corners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looked like handball from their lad that knocked the ball to the scorer…

that said, should have done a lot better to defend that
  • Oakster2 said:
    Undeserved on the balance of play - a good old fashioned battle though, we'll get back into this. Would like to see Davisson on at some stage to give Stockley some support.

They've had more possession, more shots and more corners.
    Yea but apart from that. 
  • We've been poor tbh
    No we haven't we've been equal to them up until the last 5-10. Then we conceded. 
  • Deserved lead in my opinion. A fairly tight match but Rotherham have looked more comfortable than us.
    Do they? - they've barely troubled MacGillivray

All pomp no end product 

Our defending just looks that little bit more desperate and the clearances have been hurried instead or playing our way out. They have had more of the ball and they look less stressed in defence when we come forward. I;m not saying we've been bad, far from it, but if the balance of play was the other way around I'd feel we were the better side and could be leading.

There's a way back into this for us though, we're certainly not out of it.
  • edited November 2021
    I only got to watch it from about 30 minutes onwards. I understand we possibly started slow but I thought we bossed that 15 minute period from what I saw and have ended up unlucky to be behind.
  • edited November 2021
    Pedro45 said:

Is Stockley now suspended for the cup game?
    If the cup games dont count it will be Burton.....which will just about make up the clubs mind to call it off. No Washington or Stockley 

• I can’t agree it’s been poor, the intensity and alertness have been light years ahead of anything under Adkins just 3 weeks ago. 

In possession tho we need to be a lot better. These are decent, especially the 10, so we need to take better care of the football. 

Can’t believe Washington missed that header. That’s an absolute Gary Glitter and we go in 1-0 up.
    Agree with the intensity, but the play has been poor overall imo. 

I love Washington but fuck me he's a frustrating watch.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!