Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rotherham United | Tuesday 2 November 7:45pm

Comments

• Oakster2 said:
    Undeserved on the balance of play - a good old fashioned battle though, we'll get back into this. Would like to see Davisson on at some stage to give Stockley some support.

On another note - excellent commentary from Terry & Brownie - really enjoy their insights & light years away from the nightmare days of the BBC radio woman commentator
    who used to chunter on about everything apart from the match - what was her name & whatever happened to her?
    They've had more possession, more shots and more corners.
    And just one shot on target to our three
  • Even contest, I think we might nick something. 
  • edited November 2021
    One more vote for a poor performance so far, scrappy, panicky. Not a great game overall but Rotherham just edged the half. 

Not our of it by a long shot but need to switch on a bit more I'd say.
  • Foul throw but Big Mac really should have claimed the cross as it was about a yard away from the goal. He was all over the place.

Suspect Jacko is giving them a hard time. We have been quite sloppy at times. 
  • Pedro45 said:

Is Stockley now suspended for the cup game?
    If the cup games dont count it will be Burton.....which will just about make up the clubs mind to call it off. No Washington or Stockley 

It's not up to the club.
  • Croydon said:
    I can’t agree it’s been poor, the intensity and alertness have been light years ahead of anything under Adkins just 3 weeks ago. 

In possession tho we need to be a lot better. These are decent, especially the 10, so we need to take better care of the football. 

Can’t believe Washington missed that header. That’s an absolute Gary Glitter and we go in 1-0 up.
    Agree with the intensity, but the play has been poor overall imo. 

I love Washington but fuck me he's a frustrating watch.
    Yeah the intensity has been 100mph with and without the ball. We need to calm it when in possession. Couple of decent moves but it’s been more clear our lines than build attacks.
  • Davison for Stockley
  • Hope I'm wrong but I've almost no confidence in getting anything from games this season when we go behind 
  • Sponsored links:

• Who is this Ally feller on the teevee?
  • Needs to slap some sense in Famewo. Your a league 1 CB not Ronaldo...play a simple ball.
  • Ball went out from the Cross? 
  • Why was it a foul throw??
  • Oakster2 said:
    Undeserved on the balance of play - a good old fashioned battle though, we'll get back into this. Would like to see Davisson on at some stage to give Stockley some support.

On another note - excellent commentary from Terry & Brownie - really enjoy their insights & light years away from the nightmare days of the BBC radio woman commentator
    who used to chunter on about everything apart from the match - what was her name & whatever happened to her?
    They've had more possession, more shots and more corners.
    And just one shot on target to our three
    Ours were all practically straight at the keeper. Washington's was dreadful.
  • siblers said:
    Hope I'm wrong but I've almost no confidence in getting anything from games this season when we go behind 
    We will get a glimpse now of what JJ can do when we are up against it.
  • siblers said:
    Hope I'm wrong but I've almost no confidence in getting anything from games this season when we go behind 
    Well we've only managed to win twice from 0-1 in two years now - thankfully Jackson was the last person to do it
  • people saying, at the ground the ball went out of play when it was crossed in, that why players were complaining
  • Dazzler21 said:
    We've been poor tbh
    No we haven't we've been equal to them up until the last 5-10. Then we conceded. 
    Goals win games. We have a pretty poor front 2, who have both missed easy headers over the last 2 games & then a youngster on the bench who is not prolific either.

• Fumbluff said:
    Who is this Ally feller on the teevee?
    Previous fan sofa winner from the Roland years. Gone on to make something of himself and been invited back 
  • Sponsored links:

• Fumbluff said:
    Who is this Ally feller on the teevee?
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/ali-maxwell-a9541b37/

About

TV: studio pundit on Sky Sports' EFL Friday Night coverage and EFL on Quest. Also League One & League Two producer on EFL On Quest.

Not The Top 20 Pod: I am the co-host of NTT20 Podcast, an EFL podcast set up with George Elek in 2016 that has become a recognisable media brand and influencer in the EFL football sphere.

Podcasting Hosting: I host the Zonal Marking for The Athletic and the Totally Football League Show: Extrta Time.

Radio: I co-produced, and was a guest on, a two hour BBC Radio 5 Live special on the governance of EFL Clubs in October 2019. I have made two studio appearances on BBC Radio 5 Live and multiple studio appearances on TalkSPORT & TalkSPORT 2.

Misc: Involved in the launch of a start-up football/gaming product FIVEYARDS, involved in many aspects including strategy, content and design.

I am looking for more opportunities in TV, radio and podcasting.

• I don’t think there’s much between the two sides but I don’t think we’ve been great either. Neither team are particularly incisive but they’ve looked more dangerous going forward. Outside of a few good moments from DJ and some endeavour from Gilbey, we are feeding off scraps going forward.
  • Leuth said:
    Anyone expecting MacG to deal with crosses this season will be a very disappointed fan
    He lulled me into a false sense of security by catching their first corner!
  • We're watching two pretty good sides in a close game. Shame they nicked the goal at the end of the half. They've been the better side, but only just. 

No need to worry about DJ defensively, he's been great.

COYR.

The atmosphere here is absolutely rocking! 
    Yep, agree with all that bar the last line. 

Tough game, big step up from Saturday 
  • Got to do a Golfie to win this one. Odds against that happening. 
  •  Washington really needs to score from open play, he gets in good positions but never sticks it in the onion bag!!😤
  • Leuth said:
    CBT for Stockley would be the kind of wild managerial decision that would make me build a Jackson shrine in my bedroom
    There's wild and then there's suicidal, and defensively, that's suicidal.
  • Cloudworm said:
    Why was it a foul throw??
    At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:
    • stand facing the field of play
    • have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
    • throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play
  • Good game we look much better than under Adkins.
  • ross1 said:
    Weds 2 Sunderland 0
    Pressure mounting on Johnson there, would be 3 defeats in a row and 4 in 6.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!