Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2022 January transfer window thread - Non Charlton, other transfers (D Day p52)

Comments

• I know for sure that a certain Burton player impressed both Steve Gallen and Jed Roddy…..but don’t think it’s appropriate to mention their name just incase moves in that direction are possible further down the line.
    He impressed me too as a matter of fact.
    Would guess Joe Powell?
  • I know for sure that a certain Burton player impressed both Steve Gallen and Jed Roddy…..but don’t think it’s appropriate to mention their name just incase moves in that direction are possible further down the line.
    Would guess Joe Powell?
    My thoughts exactly . Londoner ( ex West Ham ) Left footed and out of contract next summer .
  • edited November 2021
    I know for sure that a certain Burton player impressed both Steve Gallen and Jed Roddy…..but don’t think it’s appropriate to mention their name just incase moves in that direction are possible further down the line.
    Deji?

edit: I really need to read all posts before I start typing
  • Richard J said:
    I know for sure that a certain Burton player impressed both Steve Gallen and Jed Roddy…..but don’t think it’s appropriate to mention their name just incase moves in that direction are possible further down the line.
    Would guess Joe Powell?
    My thoughts exactly . Londoner ( ex West Ham ) Left footed and out of contract next summer .
    Joe Powell is a good player and the obvious candidate but worth noting Tom O'Connor #15 as well.

Only 22, also left footed, can take a decent set piece and has 4 goals in 12 since being converted from a defender to a midfielder.
  • I wouldn’t be surprised if we got pigott on loan. 
  • So the Summer window has started early with the new contract for CBT.  Not sure how he fits in, but perhaps a sign that Jacko being confirmed is firming up
  • I wouldn’t be surprised if we got pigott on loan. 
    No chance. More chance of Chucks back on loan!
  • I’d really like to see us utilise the buy-back clause we have on Brendan Wiredu.

He seems to be smashing it in League Two and Colchester fans seem to think he’ll move up the leagues in January 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2021
    I’d really like to see us utilise the buy-back clause we have on Brendan Wiredu.

He seems to be smashing it in League Two and Colchester fans seem to think he’ll move up the leagues in January

• only seen this thread. we need a forward. i don't care how many times washington wants to say it but he ain't no forward. inside winger perhaps but not a striker. 
  • I’d really like to see us utilise the buy-back clause we have on Brendan Wiredu.

How so... 1 goal in 33? Not arguing against you. Just want to understand how he is smashing it.

How so... 1 goal in 33? Not arguing against you. Just want to understand how he is smashing it.
    He’s a midfielder, assume it’s more about his performances than goal threat.

He’s a holding midfielder

He’s a holding midfielder
    Can play right back, centre half and midfield and has good pace. Disappointed we sold him.
  • Someone mentioned we are trying to get Lee on a permanent. A no brainer, but has this been substantiated?
  • Someone mentioned we are trying to get Lee on a permanent. A no brainer, but has this been substantiated?
    Jacko didn't say conversations had started, but certainly seemed very positive about the player when asked
  • Scoham said:
    Welcome home, Deji.
    We've got two Deji's 
  • I don’t see the point of spending much money in January, unless there’s some real bargains out there.

We’re not going to make the top 6, we’d have to have title winning form for the rest of the season - as well as relying on other teams to capitulate. I fully a expect a couple of the current top 6 to fall away, but there’s Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday, Lincoln, etc. all ahead of us to take those spots.

Hopefully we go into January with a settled management team and they can start to mould the squad in anticipation for a title charge next season.
    Still 2 months to go before January, so plenty of points to play for. By then we'll be able to see whether promotion this season is realistic or not
    I love the optimism but I don’t see any reality where we’re close to 6th come May. Far too many good sides this year and we threw away 12 games 
    We are 11 points off 6th with 30 games to go. Not 5-10 games, 30! It's certainly not impossible.

There are some good sides but i don't agree there are "far too many good sides". We've beaten Sunderland and should've beaten Rotherham and they're in the top 5.

Burton away (draw)
    Plymouth home (win)
    Morecambe away (win)
    Shrewsbury away (win)
    Ipswich home (draw)
    Cambridge home (win)
    Plymouth away (lose)
    Wimbledon away (draw)
    Gillingham home (win)
    Wycombe home (draw)
    Crewe away (win)
    Cheltenham away (win)

are our games up until mid-January. Plymouth are flying and Ipswich and Wycombe are tough teams, but no reason at all we couldn't take 25 points from those 12 games (my predictions in the brackets).

That would give us 41 points from 28 games and have us right in the play off picture. 2 points per game average from now until the end will be enough. Tough but by no means impossible. 

Some people gave me a LOL but we're 2 points ahead of my prediction.

6 points from 2. Need 19 from the next 10 to be on track. Anything more and we'll be well in the play off hunt by then.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don’t see the point of spending much money in January, unless there’s some real bargains out there.

We’re not going to make the top 6, we’d have to have title winning form for the rest of the season - as well as relying on other teams to capitulate. I fully a expect a couple of the current top 6 to fall away, but there’s Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday, Lincoln, etc. all ahead of us to take those spots.

Hopefully we go into January with a settled management team and they can start to mould the squad in anticipation for a title charge next season.
    Still 2 months to go before January, so plenty of points to play for. By then we'll be able to see whether promotion this season is realistic or not
    I love the optimism but I don’t see any reality where we’re close to 6th come May. Far too many good sides this year and we threw away 12 games 
    We are 11 points off 6th with 30 games to go. Not 5-10 games, 30! It's certainly not impossible.

There are some good sides but i don't agree there are "far too many good sides". We've beaten Sunderland and should've beaten Rotherham and they're in the top 5.

Burton away (draw)
    Plymouth home (win)
    Morecambe away (win)
    Shrewsbury away (win)
    Ipswich home (draw)
    Cambridge home (win)
    Plymouth away (lose)
    Wimbledon away (draw)
    Gillingham home (win)
    Wycombe home (draw)
    Crewe away (win)
    Cheltenham away (win)

are our games up until mid-January. Plymouth are flying and Ipswich and Wycombe are tough teams, but no reason at all we couldn't take 25 points from those 12 games (my predictions in the brackets).

That would give us 41 points from 28 games and have us right in the play off picture. 2 points per game average from now until the end will be enough. Tough but by no means impossible. 

6 points from 2. Need 19 from the next 10 to be on track. Anything more and we'll be well in the play off hunt by then.
    Easy cowboy. We’re two games into your 12 game accumulator, there’s still plenty of twist and turns to go yet. 

Like I say, I back this team to go on a good run. Still not sure we can make it all the way.

Burton away (draw)
    Plymouth home (win)
    Morecambe away (win)
    Shrewsbury away (win)
    Ipswich home (draw)
    Cambridge home (win)
    Plymouth away (lose)
    Wimbledon away (draw)
    Gillingham home (win)
    Wycombe home (draw)
    Crewe away (win)
    Cheltenham away (win)

Easy cowboy. We’re two games into your 12 game accumulator, there’s still plenty of twist and turns to go yet. 

Like I say, I back this team to go on a good run. Still not sure we can make it all the way.
    Believe it Elliott my friend, the reds are going up!
  • Will be interested to see Cole Stockton tomorrow night. Could be a target for January maybe?
  • Main priority must be another striker. Really hoping we are going to act early in the window as can’t afford to wait until the end of the month.
  • Main priority must be another striker. Really hoping we are going to act early in the window as can’t afford to wait until the end of the month.
    That not really down to us it will be down to the club who the players plays for .. if they want to wait for a better offer or a replacement before they let a person leave there nothing we can do but be patience like we have been in the past and got our man 
  • Cloudworm said:
    Will be interested to see Cole Stockton tomorrow night. Could be a target for January maybe?
    He looked a handful on the night he was far better target man then Davison plus he can score goals .. in a better team could be useful option 
    That not really down to us it will be down to the club who the players plays for .. if they want to wait for a better offer or a replacement before they let a person leave there nothing we can do but be patience like we have been in the past and got our man 
    We need to move players out before we can get any in as we are at the squad limit
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    Main priority must be another striker. Really hoping we are going to act early in the window as can’t afford to wait until the end of the month.
    We need to move players out before we can get any in as we are at the squad limit
    Are we? Schwartz has gone so that should be one space. CBT extended an existing contract. 
  • thenewbie said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Main priority must be another striker. Really hoping we are going to act early in the window as can’t afford to wait until the end of the month.
    Are we? Schwartz has gone so that should be one space. CBT extended an existing contract. 
    If Arter goes back as well then we've got two spaces left in the team

But then Forster-Caskey will take one of those slots.
  • thenewbie said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JFC takes the place of Schwatrz