Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

God Save Our Queen - Funeral will be Mon 19th September (p26)

Comments

• Options
    I'm still wondering what was private about the private Windsor service. 
    That the vast majority of those invited were either family or personal friends.
    Nope separate ceremony.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Bearer party off for a pint.

We'll deserved. Stalwarts each and every one of them.
    Especially well played to Rob Beckett at the front.

Britains Queen Elizabeth lying in state as queues of people waiting to pay  their respects stretch for miles - Independentie
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Quite a few horses struggling now.

Not really fair on them to be put through all of this. 

It's been very emotional. Beautiful even in places.
    I doubt the horses used at Windsor will be the same as in London.
  • Options
    Very poignant when they took the Crown and the other jewels off the coffin, felt very final.
    I thought that too
    The Piper playing and walking off in the distance got me.
    That bit was so poignant, the slow fade and then the empty archway.

Very well done.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Nope separate ceremony.
    Well yes, we all realise that Dazzler, not sure what you mean by saying so.
    My point at it being private is that it was ‘mostly’ for private attendance, unlike the Westminster service.
  • Options
    read that the bearing party were all serving in iraq and were flown back to carry out this duty as members of the queens regiment 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That final piece on the BBC has done me....Kirsty Young was close to tears... as was I....she has gone....RIP ma'am xx
    A brilliant closing piece by Kirsty Young, you could feel real emotion there.

The lowering of the coffin really got to me. I thought they slightly glossed over it for the Duke's funeral, this time they paused to allow it to sink in.
  • Options
    read that the bearing party were all serving in iraq and were flown back to carry out this duty as members of the queens regiment 
    Not sure it was all of them but yes, certainly some of them.
  • Options
    Very poignant when they took the Crown and the other jewels off the coffin, felt very final.
    I thought that too
    Yup, that was quite something. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    I thought that too
    Yup, that was quite something. 
    Such a poignant ending to both the day and her majesty’s life
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Nope separate ceremony.
    My point at it being private is that it was ‘mostly’ for private attendance, unlike the Westminster service.
    I think he was referring to the fact there is another private ceremony later this evening that is not televised 
  • Options
    A nice shot on the news of the King and Queen of Spain waiting for their shuttle bus after the service.

From a PR point of view back home for most of these leaders and heads of state, it's probably no bad thing anyway, to be seen "slumming it"
  • Options
    I did enjoy Biden being held up as the parade of hero’s (MC and VC medal holders) passed in front of him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Nope separate ceremony.
    I think he was referring to the fact there is another private ceremony later this evening that is not televised 
    Ah right……I forgot about that.
    Incidentally, at age 73 (irrespective of how fit you are), you only have so much energy in the tank. 
    Stress and high emotion also drains that tank even more. IMHO, from what I saw of him after the Windsor service, Charles needs to get to his bed ASAP and stay there for as long as is practically possible.
  • Options
    An incredible day that will go down in history.  Nobody does a ceremony like the UK. 

So proud to have witnessed that 
  • Options
    I did enjoy Biden being held up as the parade of hero’s (MC and VC medal holders) passed in front of him.
    No idea why the US has to be treated differently?
  • Options
    The Piper, the Bearers, Emma, Muick and Sandy……………………😭💔

Wonderful.

I love and miss London.

RIP Your Majesty.

God Save the King 🇬🇧
  • Options
    Suggest it was just bad timing, someone got something slightly wrong, other than that it seemed to go flawlessly 
  • Options
    Suggest it was just bad timing, someone got something slightly wrong, other than that it seemed to go flawlessly 
    Apparently his big car got stuck in traffic, unlike the world leaders who got the communal bus.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Apparently his big car got stuck in traffic, unlike the world leaders who got the communal bus.
    Well that explains that.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    My original query was to do with why the US need a big car? Just looks ridiculous that they are allowed to do this...