Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jackson's weekly press conference

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2022
    DOUCHER said:
    well that sounds a bit more positive about Stockley 
    No that cant be right. I inferred various other threads have concluded both our strikers are a write off for this season and only 2 high scoring strikers are the acceptable outcome from this transfer window.  :D
    Yeah, that right. Call off the hunt for some strikers because the missing 2 have been scoring hatfulls all season......and their back ups have been sublime too  
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    It is the whole squad's responsibility, but I think Lee and Gilbey are midfielders who can score, Sometimes the midfield need the front two to occupy defenders to give them opportunities. Also the way we play with width, we do need to produce a higher percentage of quality crosses than we do, but we also need strikers who can take advantage of that. Stockley and Washington seems to be the only option that works and if it isn't working we don't have alternatives in a game. I honestly believe the sort of player who would make a difference is Cole Stockton as he gives defenders problems.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    well that sounds a bit more positive about Stockley 
    No that cant be right. I inferred various other threads have concluded both our strikers are a write off for this season and only 2 high scoring strikers are the acceptable outcome from this transfer window.  :D
    Yeah, that right. Call off the hunt for some strikers because the missing 2 have been scoring hatfulls all season......and their back ups have been sublime too  
    There was a smiley face on my post. 

Of course  we still need a striker as I’m with your view that we didn’t replace let alone strengthen compared to last year. 

• Options
    Interesting he talks about freshness. I know there’s an argument his options are a bit limited, but one minor criticism I have of Jackson is he’s been a bit reluctant to use his subs. I think in most of our recent matches the midfield three have faded a bit as games have gone in and we haven’t often been able finish matches strongly. He has, however, hardly used Morgan, Watson and Kirk. I’m an ideal world he’d have better subs available to him but he maybe needs to use what he has available a little more readily. 
    Right. Seem likely Jacko  doesn't put them on unless he has to - because he doesn't rate them.
  • Options
    Jacko says he has played at Cheltenham “many times” - he must mean the races, can’t be the footy. 
    Can it ?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Jacko made one appearance away at Cheltenham for each of Notts County, Colchester and Charlton - scoring there for Col U
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    I think it’s clear Jackson and the board feel we still need another striker on top of Aneke coming in.

Looks like Davison’s future is elsewhere (I think we’ll be entitled to get compensation as he’s U23?), and it can allow Burstow, Gavin, and Kanu to develop further but with Burstow training with the first team between now and pre-season he will only continue to improve.

Next season we can assess and see if a short term loan will be beneficial for him playing men’s football on a regular basis.

I really like and rate Burstow, he has a very good future ahead, but it also wouldn’t be fair to pin hopes on him being 4th choice so soon. In 12 months time, he might be making it almost impossible to leave him out, but let’s not force it. 
    Is that based on anything you’ve heard? Or a guess?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    I think it’s clear Jackson and the board feel we still need another striker on top of Aneke coming in.

Looks like Davison’s future is elsewhere (I think we’ll be entitled to get compensation as he’s U23?), and it can allow Burstow, Gavin, and Kanu to develop further but with Burstow training with the first team between now and pre-season he will only continue to improve.

Next season we can assess and see if a short term loan will be beneficial for him playing men’s football on a regular basis.

I really like and rate Burstow, he has a very good future ahead, but it also wouldn’t be fair to pin hopes on him being 4th choice so soon. In 12 months time, he might be making it almost impossible to leave him out, but let’s not force it. 
    This time a guess. But it’s not hard to work out when Davison unfortunately isn’t good enough and we are going with 2 up top, we need another player of the quality of the other 3. Burstow just isn’t quite there yet, but he will be.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:

This time a guess. But it’s not hard to work out when Davison unfortunately isn’t good enough and we are going with 2 up top, we need another player of the quality of the other 3. Burstow just isn’t quite there yet, but he will be.
    Would be surprised if Davison is here in February. Never a good look when you are being kept out by someone playing out of position, and an 18 year old kid. Think there plenty of teams in league two, who would give him an opportunity. However, we need to bring someone in before he can leave.
  • Options
    Hopefully Jack doesn't look as rough as he did the other night!

Sounds like Innis and Aneke are fine so that's good. As he says himself, feels like repeating the same words about Stockley, but they're trying to "get it right". 
  • Options
    clive said:
    I hope we can. Meekly losing a home game against a side you feel we should dominate against, after a dominating away performance against a side you weren’t expecting is to dominate, is very much a Charlton thing to do. 
  • Options
    I'm going to throw it out there that I don't think Jacko has given up on the playoffs just yet.  It would take 1 hell of a run & I don't think we'll even get close, but I think Jacko still believes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like another 3 point giveaway.
  • Options
    Now we could do with Davison.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Is it too early to say we're fucked?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    How about a bit of ....."Backs against the wall, Lets get out there.., leave nothing in the Tank...Do not give up until the final whistle....Playing for the shirt... Give the fans something to cheer... "

We are a long way from fucked, but  pretty close to buggered.!
  • Options
    we're copulated
  • Options

We are a long way from fucked, but  pretty close to buggered.!
    I'm assuming the difference between the 2 is just the way you are facing....😆