Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Accrington Stanley | Tues 19 October 2021

Comments

• edited October 2021
    Can we give MOM to JFC. Thought he played well as part of the front 3.
  • se9addick said:
    I’m a young Addick, early 20s so I’ve only ever seen the dross that this club produces but that was the worst of the lot! 

I’ve seen BETTER SUNDAY LEAGUE TACTICS than this pathetic PE teacher puts into play. 

My take is Nigel Adkins is just thick and completely lost any football nouse that he had previously. 

If Albie Morgan can come through our academy then we are rotten from top to bottom, he’s our worst player and that’s saying something with the likes of Gunter in the team. 

SHOCKING

I hate to break this to you, but you’re far too old to be in the Young Addicks mate.
    True, soon to be middle age watching this load
  • edited October 2021
    I’m a young Addick, early 20s so I’ve only ever seen the dross that this club produces but that was the worst of the lot! 

I’ve seen BETTER SUNDAY LEAGUE TACTICS than this pathetic PE teacher puts into play. 

My take is Nigel Adkins is just thick and completely lost any football nouse that he had previously. 

If Albie Morgan can come through our academy then we are rotten from top to bottom, he’s our worst player and that’s saying something with the likes of Gunter in the team. 

SHOCKING

I’m 25 

ive seen Charlton beat Chelsea, Tottenham etc 
    equally I’ve Seen us drubbed away to northwitch  Victoria…

the team has no cohesion, no oomph and no desire.

adkins is a dead man walking , and if he is here past Thursday the stands will be filled with ghosts and that’s not because of Halloween!! 

The team chased shadows, had no gameplan and looked disjointed ! 

I’ve been watching ‘Ted lasso’ and the parallels are too similar - a good doing happy clappy manager with sayings and cliches who achieves fuck all Is too similar to Charlton! 

Awful 
  • Rob7Lee said:
    msomerton said:
    May be Sandagaard reckons that relegation will cost him less than paying off Adkins and the backroom staff and then to pay a new manager and his staff.
    Well he's an idiot then. 

Previously its taken us 3 years to get out of this division - get relegated & it could take  3 years just to get out of League 2 !!

Also look at Southend. Once you are into freefall anything could happen. 

If TS doesn't act soon then his investment could be almost worthless in a couple of years. 

It already is, he owns all the liabilities and none of the asset (that's worth anything) and we're heading for league 2. 
    He got well and truly stitched up by Roland 
  • Glad I missed it, so predictable, I even said Pell would score in the preview thread. Madness if Adkins survives this.

I’m going to assume most of the same problems were there again with our poor defending, passing and pressing, though somehow we managed to score twice.

I managed to get my 6 year old son to watch the last two Saturday games (on the stream) with me and my dad. Always hoped we’d be taken over in time for him to get interested and we’d see a team worth watching. Instead we’re well on our way to the 4th tier for the first time in our history. Don’t really feel like asking him to watch it again, never mind thinking about taking him to his first game.

On a more positive note, the good news is I put money on an Accrington win and scored from a back heel in indoor football tonight. So… every cloud.
  • seth plum said:
    So the game was 2-3 but we scored one and Accrington scored five.
    This is actually the truth.

Wouldn't that be we scored one, they scored 4?
  • Cloudworm said:
    that game really proved the fine line between winning and losing .. a nasty niggling first half , Accrington tactics never nice and the bully boy tactics .. ref was dreadful he was conned time and time again… Pell should have seen red in first half .. 

Key moments .. morgan makes a fine take but ref gives free kick 0-1 
    OG after good build up 1-1
    46 mins Stockley clear header few yards out and he misses a sitter 
    few moments later Stockley loses an easy pass from Taylor Accrington attack and within 30 secs 1-2 very poor from Stockley 
    1-3 again out of nothing left back needs to do better 
    2-3 Good goal from Stockley after excellent work from Washington 
    Brilliant volley from Davison hits keeper who knows nothing about it and ball goes wide
    lot of pressure put on the Accrington area but they held firm .. with a lot of cheating falling over at the slightest touch and time wasting 

overall we deserved something from that game second half we showed what a good team we can be 

What for? I must have missed it.
    Two obvious yellows were excessive celebration in front of the opposition fans and dive in the area.  Countless other fouls and dives may have earned him another just on totting up
  • No because the one that hit the underside of the crossbar went over the line.
  • Why are our players so brain dead? How many stupid fouls did Gilbey give away when the bloke is going nowhere. No footballing intelligence at all 
    What’s worse is that no one is coaching them to stop doing that. It’s been the same all season and there’s a few of them doing it. Ffs show them how not to do it!

Was in covered end and their 8 is a disgrace of a player, should have been booked for winding up the crowd. Niggly, horrible sod who I never want to see playing again. Unless we sign him, which I wish we would. 
    If we could sign two very good full backs and a Dempsey type in midfield (and maybe that number 8) we might be in with a chance of mid table. But as that won’t happen it’s looking grim. Very grim. 
    I assuming Nige is off?
  • I feel like I’ve aged 10 years this season!
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder what Karel Fraeye is up to these days…,
    Probably on the after dinner circuit taking about how he’d improve the team
    When the bell rings <wink>
  • Did it go over the line? I was there in the covered end lower and did not think it did. 

Can somebody post the video of it?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Why are our players so brain dead? How many stupid fouls did Gilbey give away when the bloke is going nowhere. No footballing intelligence at all 
    What’s worse is that no one is coaching them to stop doing that. It’s been the same all season and there’s a few of them doing it. Ffs show them how not to do it!

Was in covered end and their 8 is a disgrace of a player, should have been booked for winding up the crowd. Niggly, horrible sod who I never want to see playing again. Unless we sign him, which I wish we would. 
    If we could sign two very good full backs and a Dempsey type in midfield (and maybe that number 8) we might be in with a chance of mid table. But as that won’t happen it’s looking grim. Very grim. 
    I assuming Nige is off?
    Think he came through our academy. Agree he was good. 
  • edited October 2021
    Adkins out defo but the defending was so poor, so Sunday League and inexcusable that you can't blame any manager for it 

The second goal Gunter literally stood 1O yards off the winger who side footed it to Pell who walked it in. The third he strolled across the 18 yard box and scuffed it in. That is not the manager's fault, that is basics. 

Another ex player bossing it. Reminded me of Piggott last season. 
  • CatAddick said:
    Cloudworm said:
    that game really proved the fine line between winning and losing .. a nasty niggling first half , Accrington tactics never nice and the bully boy tactics .. ref was dreadful he was conned time and time again… Pell should have seen red in first half .. 

Key moments .. morgan makes a fine take but ref gives free kick 0-1 
    OG after good build up 1-1
    46 mins Stockley clear header few yards out and he misses a sitter 
    few moments later Stockley loses an easy pass from Taylor Accrington attack and within 30 secs 1-2 very poor from Stockley 
    1-3 again out of nothing left back needs to do better 
    2-3 Good goal from Stockley after excellent work from Washington 
    Brilliant volley from Davison hits keeper who knows nothing about it and ball goes wide
    lot of pressure put on the Accrington area but they held firm .. with a lot of cheating falling over at the slightest touch and time wasting 

overall we deserved something from that game second half we showed what a good team we can be 

What for? I must have missed it.
    Two obvious yellows were excessive celebration in front of the opposition fans and dive in the area.  Countless other fouls and dives may have earned him another just on totting up
    Was that really a yellow card offence? - It happens everywhere and looked to me as though he even stayed within the lines of the playing area, players only really get booked if it causes a proper riot in the stands or if they genuinely celebrate with their own fans.
  • Dreadful experience watching us at the moment. I felt numb watching the game and no different now. The NA experiment has truly run its course and it really is time for him to leave. Lots of players were still putting in effort towards the end. I now genuinely believe this is about using and persisting with the wrong formation, set up, style of play and tactics. 

It really bloody pains me to say it, but the whole coaching set up needs replacing, as many others equally have said. Not looking forward to Saturday or another game until change is brought to the table…
  • What a night. Charlton stunk the house out again. Millwall last min winner, Lyle Taylor the hero. 

Just need to hear now that Matt Southall won the EuroMillions and find Alan Pardew on my side of the bed when I go up. 
    Lapslie scored.
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

SHOCKING

I’m 25 

ive seen Charlton beat Chelsea, Tottenham etc 
    equally I’ve Seen us drubbed away to northwitch  Victoria…

the team has no cohesion, no oomph and no desire.

adkins is a dead man walking , and if he is here past Thursday the stands will be filled with ghosts and that’s not because of Halloween!! 

The team chased shadows, had no gameplan and looked disjointed ! 

I’ve been watching ‘Ted lasso’ and the parallels are too similar - a good doing happy clappy manager with sayings and cliches who achieves fuck all Is too similar to Charlton! 

Awful 
    I wish I could remember those days mate! Too much shit has crowded those out!  

Us winning League 1 and the Wembley day obviously great moments but they count for nothing because we are in serious free fall right now and we’ll get so low that eventually managing us or playing for us isn’t an exciting prospect because there is no viable long term project there and the stadium and history ain’t gonna help us any longer. 

How some of these players get paid thousands a week is a criminal offence and let’s not even start on the PE teacher. 

In years past you used to be able to name a favourite player of yours in the team, need I say anymore? 
  • conker said:
    Did it go over the line? I was there in the covered end lower and did not think it did. 

Can somebody post the video of it?

• Adkins comments show that he will not change his failing system, his midfield get over run, his full backs are exposed and he still believes he is right. He will still be here Saturday and still play a three man midfield in the misguided belief that he was right all along. Twenty past eleven and the prick is still drawing a wage, I give up.
  • Pell had a good game for them and I won't moan about him. We needed a player like him. Also, I think it was Bishop. They only had to play the ball in his vicinity and he was first to it. We needed a player like him too.
  • Thanks, how much is an eye test these days!
  • Fuck me lads 
    I don't want to call you out but @Dazzler21 you satisfied yet?!
    The writing has been on the wall for months
    Something very, very bad is going on at Charlton and I fear for what happens next
    It is embarrassing now

• If there is to be a cull should the Pelchen algorithm be included?

Recruitment analysts Ruben Sammut and former academy graduate Aaron Barnes, work with the Australian-based Dan Pelchen to analyse the data from an algorithm Pelchen has built for the club over the last 12 months to highlight players based on the club’s intended playing style. 

• clb74 said:
    On we move to Sunderland
    People dont want a Match Preview for Sunderland do they?
    Please No.   Just an obituary will do.
  • Bailey said:
    Adkins comments show that he will not change his failing system, his midfield get over run, his full backs are exposed and he still believes he is right. He will still be here Saturday and still play a three man midfield in the misguided belief that he was right all along. Twenty past eleven and the prick is still drawing a wage, I give up.
    You are making the assumption it is him making those decisions, I'm starting to consider it might not be. You don't manage for 500+ games with a decent win rate and turn into Karel Fraeye v2 overnight.