Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager??

Comments

• Options
    “If there is a better candidate for the club in the near and medium term out there, we’ll simply just go back to the set-up like it was before. Johnnie is a great assistant manager, we already know that, and Jason Euell is a great coach.”

will they? 
    Perhaps they won’t appreciate being dicked around?
    Thomas is talking like he’s in a no-lose situation: he could still snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    The Football version of being in the friend zone for Jacko. 
    Don’t do it JJ walk away with your dignity…
  • Options
    No problem with the wait, however if someone else came in they might take too kindly to having 2 coaches forced on them, when they want to bring their own staff in. 

Dowie & Adkins ring any bells?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    No problem with the wait, however if someone else came in they might take too kindly to having 2 coaches forced on them, when they want to bring their own staff in. 

Dowie & Adkins ring any bells?
    Nail on head.

Clough at Leeds.  Can anyone think of an example where it has work out of design, rather than necessity? 
  • Options
    Not too bothered by that TS interview. Would have been more worried if he hadn't been speaking to other candidates regardless of how well Jacko has done. 

Beale and I guess Chris Wilder would have been the other one he's been speaking to that's recently taken a role elsewhere. 
  • Options
    Joe, Jackson's cousin isn't impressed. 
  • Options
    Once again people jumping on an article which does not clearly state when Beale was spoken to could have been before Adkins was sacked or days after I doubt very much it was this week .. people need to calm down … it was not long ago that large number of fans wanted Beale to replace Adkins ?? 
  • Options
    I don't mind Thomas and I am thankful of what he's done so far but my god that is an awful interview to put out on the eve of a massive game. It's very strange with comments saying Jackson going back to being "great" assistant! That's one way to demotivate him and the team. It's almost as if he's jealous of Jacko's popularity. Very strange.
  • Options
    If TS appoints another manager ( wrongly in my opinion ) I’m pretty sure Jacko won’t stay . It would be embarrassing for him after he’s said he wants the job. 
    As for the interview , I don’t think it’s the wisest thing to have happened. TS needs the fans on his side .
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    I too don’t see anything wrong with it…

jackson has done brilliantly, but as some others have pointed out - so did Kevin Nugent - who went on to have a absolute stinker managerially with Barnet! 

Having options is always the best choice, both in the short term and in the long term if/when Jackson leaves/is fired! 

It’s good we’re being ambitious, and clearly 100 candidates is a real sign of how far we’ve come since RD! 

Giving jackson another month arguably motivates him more, to do well and get the job, but also proves that others are out there and wanting the job! 

sammy391 said:
    I too don’t see anything wrong with it…

jackson has done brilliantly, but as some others have pointed out - so did Kevin Nugent - who went on to have a absolute stinker managerially with Barnet! 

Having options is always the best choice, both in the short term and in the long term if/when Jackson leaves/is fired! 

It’s good we’re being ambitious, and clearly 100 candidates is a real sign of how far we’ve come since RD! 

Giving jackson another month arguably motivates him more, to do well and get the job, but also proves that others are out there and wanting the job! 

Nugent was caretaker for 3 games. Jackson 7 not out. You can’t really compare caretakers records as they are over a short period of time.

nugent had nothing to lose, he knew he was in to steady the ship and had no chance of getting the job. Jackson still has every chance of getting the job.

I think ts is right in wanting to see how Jackson bounces back. No rush as ts needs to get this one right
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    I'll be very disappointed if Jacko is overlooked here in favour of a 'name' - he now deserves the job on merit

no way should he go back to being a No 2 and I'd fully expect him to piss off (and wouldn't blame him) and be a success elsewhere......whilst we sack the next fella before the end of the season

would be a huge OG from TS
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Can't blame him for being cautious.

Let's not forget,he made two massive rickets already in his short time at the club.
    1) Not doing enough to keep hold of Bowyer.
    2) Bringing Adkins in.

He's new to this game so I think we have to cut him a bit of slack.
    He strikes me as a man who learns from his mistakes. Making a 3rd one really wouldn't look very good.
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    I don't mind Thomas and I am thankful of what he's done so far but my god that is an awful interview to put out on the eve of a massive game. It's very strange with comments saying Jackson going back to being "great" assistant! That's one way to demotivate him and the team. It's almost as if he's jealous of Jacko's popularity. Very strange.
    Spot on. 
    I never really agreed with people saying about Thomas ego but that interview made me think about it. 
    How many chairman’s comment on every signing/new contract through the clubs official channels? I don’t think there’s too many. 
    Again, I’m glad he’s here and thankful but he needs to reel his ego in slightly and read the room a little better. 
  • Options
    It also doesn’t help I’ve got a rotten hangover so I might be over reacting slightly
  • Options
    Sometimes I think TS has his overall message lost in translation a bit, but that release was unnerving. I don't think there's any rush, but the tone of that was all wrong for the performances and just overall vibe coming from the squad and the connection to the fans at the minute. Unless the wheels well and truly come off (which I can't see happening) I think everyone will be fuming if he overlooks JJ.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    jakecafc said:
    Spot on. 
    I never really agreed with people saying about Thomas ego but that interview made me think about it. 
    How many chairman’s comment on every signing/new contract through the clubs official channels? I don’t think there’s too many. 
    Again, I’m glad he’s here and thankful but he needs to reel his ego in slightly and read the room a little better. 
    I don't think it's ego, I think it's not knowing "the business" and applying what has made him successful in his business.

If one of your senior managers leaves overnight its quite common to fill the job on a "caretaker" basis and then undertake a thorough recruitment exercise. The caretaker and some of their colleagues may or may not apply. 

Can you imagine if Euall got the job now and Thomas expected JJ to be his assistant?  That wouldn't be an uncommon thing in the real world. 
  • Options
    Once again people jumping on an article which does not clearly state when Beale was spoken to could have been before Adkins was sacked or days after I doubt very much it was this week .. people need to calm down … it was not long ago that large number of fans wanted Beale to replace Adkins ?? 
    My view is that we spoke to Beale between the times Gerard got the Villa job and Beale joining his back staff team. There was about a two week lapse between the two. We could have spoken to Beale up to last Friday as I think he was only announced at villa this week.

gerard moving to villa and Beale speaking to us would have been perfect timing. He either didn’t impress or being a villa coach will help him develop before making the managerial plunge. Either way, I expect the chances of him joining now are 0%.
  • Options
    Sometimes I think TS has his overall message lost in translation a bit, but that release was unnerving. I don't think there's any rush, but the tone of that was all wrong for the performances and just overall vibe coming from the squad and the connection to the fans at the minute. Unless the wheels well and truly come off (which I can't see happening) I think everyone will be fuming if he overlooks JJ.
    I reckon it will just motivate JJ to prove even more that he is the right person 
  • Options
    I don't like saying this, but that interview is tone-deaf at best
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ian Beale - Ive Got Nothing Left on Make a GIF
    Me when Jacko is let go to get Beale in
  • Options
    I find the interview quite disconcerting but I'm not totally surprised. After predicting we would be a strong team and a major contender this season Thomas has to be seen to be looking for the best option.
    I and many others feel JJ is the best option to take this club forward.

Roddy was appointed by Sandgaard who sold him this idea that 4-3-3 is the panacea to football success and the experienced Nigel Adkins was the guy with his positivity to start this Journey with two EX Charlton players and now highly qualified coaches by his side who in a couple of years would take over after learning from Nads. Best laid plans didn't come to fruition as Nigel stumbled from one poor game to the next and we had 11 strangers with no coherent plan and  #Stockleyneedsapartner which was my take after the Sheff wed game as he was so isolated.  Two out and out wingers playing wide up front with a big target man didn't work.

We hit our Nadir and 22nd place was the polar opposite of "that will be us next season".

Michael Beales name was mentioned by Thomas Sandgaard, but then dismissed as TS said we are aiming higher !

Pep would struggle in League 1 with Journey man players(and a false number 9) but Sandgaard wants a high press and Cafc play the ball out from the back. Maybe the budget will have to go up in the January window to match the type of winning football that Thomas envisages.

• Options
     Certainly nothing to get the torches and pitchforks out over (yet) and maybe it reads differently in cold text compared to what TS intended but certainly it doesn't strike a very good tone.

Bit of a ricket dropped honestly but all the while Jackson still has the job and is doing well we need to make sure fans make it very clear he's the one we want in charge. 
  • Options
    Do find that interview to be strange.

Think what Sandgaard said is obvious and understandable about speaking to other candidates but its that obvious that it doesnt need to be said. 

Jackson is on the path to be manager and he is constantly getting support from players and ex players.....think TS should take that on board.

• Options
    I'm not on twitter, so go by what you guys say or my son passes on to me but how many people told Thomas Sandgaard that the whole backroom staff should go with Adkins, including JJ "because he is part of the problem" 
    Sandgaard must feel Cafc fan base change their minds with the weather.

As JJ said last night on Zoom with CAST, he had different ideas to Adkins but now he's the interim manager ( JJ words) then he decides how the team is set up and 3-5-2 was the way to start the improvement but may have to adapt depending on who is fit and the form of players. He agrees with me (lol) that two up front is paramount to success in League 1.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    I reckon Thomas is going to see how things pan out over the next six weeks. We’ve got eight matches in that period. If we can win five or six of those, we’re right back in the mix and the job is Jacko’s.  If we drop away, we’ll have to rethink the options. There’s no rush to give Jacko the job
    This is what I said two weeks ago. What TS is doing is sensible, IMO. He’s not rushing into a decision and keeping his options open.  He’ll do what’s right for CAFC and Jacko will understand that. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    _MrDick said:
    I reckon Thomas is going to see how things pan out over the next six weeks. We’ve got eight matches in that period. If we can win five or six of those, we’re right back in the mix and the job is Jacko’s.  If we drop away, we’ll have to rethink the options. There’s no rush to give Jacko the job
    This is what I said two weeks ago. What TS is doing is sensible, IMO. He’s not rushing into a decision and keeping his options open.  He’ll do what’s right for CAFC and Jacko will understand that. 
    I agree entirely that this is the right approach but I'm not sure now is a good time to come out and say what he has.
  • Options
    I'm not on twitter, so go by what you guys say or my son passes on to me but how many people told Thomas Sandgaard that the whole backroom staff should go with Adkins, including JJ "because he is part of the problem" 

As JJ said last night on Zoom with CAST, he had different ideas to Adkins but now he's the interim manager ( JJ words) then he decides how the team is set up and 3-5-2 was the way to start the improvement but may have to adapt depending on who is fit and the form of players. He agrees with me (lol) that two up front is paramount to success in League 1.
    Who got promoted last season and how many strikers did they play?

I was one of the people that said they should all go and its not about Jackson (or Euall). There are two options either give Jackson the job, which is my preference, or give the job to who ever else and let them decide their own backroom team.  The 3rd way, which Thomas is suggesting may even be his personal preference, is a receipt for disaster and will never work, no matter who it is.

A football philosophy and style, pretty much anyone of them, isn't right or wrong but you have all got to believe in it or it won't work. 
  • Options

Yep the very same people on twitter calling for Jacko to go now want him installed. Let them get on with it TS JJ JE must all talk frequently. 

The only frustration from my view is TS is too public in his thoughts