Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager??

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    on one hand, i think its a fair enough statement and tells everybody, including jacko, what the situation is - on the other hand, the tactical stuff is a bit of a concern and harps back to some sort of rigid 'club' way of playing - may have some merit in theory but not sure that hasn't been the root of the problem - particularly if the way chosen don't work 
    The rigid club way of playing is a good idea if you recruit the right players to play it. 

4231 with a high press isn't a bad way of playing in its self.  If it was so many clubs wouldn't play it.  
    maybe - u certainly can't play a target man as the lone striker though - i don't know any other team that does that - its normally someone with a bit of physicality but with mobility who can pull the defence around and run the channels 
    It worked last season......... 

I am not saying your wrong but everyone knew why we were signing Stockley. 
    It didn't work last season as we missed out on the play offs and wouldn't have been good enough to win them had we got in them and we didn't play that way most of the time - when people kept talking about Adkins favoured formation i said i couldn't see how that would work with stockley on the transfer rumours thread - it was obvious it wouldn't work - roddy and adkins masterplan failed and jacko has now put a system in place that works and that is the long and short of it.
  • Options
    Thought he left it ten minutes too late with his subs tonight as a few were visibly tiring. Other than that he got it pretty much spot on although I fail to see what Stockley offered tonight other than defensively.
  • Options
    Normal mix of bravado & hyperbole from TS then the normal cringe factor when he tries to sound like he knows about football by throwing football buzzwords around.

Why can he just tell JJ this in private instead of the National press … it’s like he loves the attention or something 🤔

Do your business behind closed doors
  • Options
    A lot of the players are unrecognisable under JJ - DJ in particular stands out.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Normal mix of bravado & hyperbole from TS then the normal cringe factor when he tries to sound like he knows about football by throwing football buzzwords around.

Why can he just tell JJ this in private instead of the National press … it’s like he loves the attention or something 🤔

Do your business behind closed doors
    Does he know football any less than the average fan?
  • Options
    Gotta announce him as manager asap now surely 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Gotta announce him as manager asap now surely 
    He’s doing remarkably well and I’m sure and hope it will continue but Christmas is the date that Sandgaard has indicated as to when he’ll judge and I think that’s sensible for the club and for Jacko. Plenty of clubs get a three or four match new manager bounce and then regress again. For everyone’s sake we need to get this next appointment spot on. Let’s leave it until Christmas before bandying around contracts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another side to his ability tonight, coming back from a HT blow against the best team in the league. 

His stock goes up.
    He's no Karel Fraeye, that's for sure...
  • Options
    He is under contract until 2023. Just like the last 4 spurs managers :open_mouth: There isn't any rush. 
  • Options
    Just give it to Jackson now Tommy before Spurs realise they've made a mistake with Conte and want Johnnie back,

Said earlier on this thread that I wanted to see Jackson on nine points from fifteen in this run up until Plymouth

We've got ten so colour me happy :)
  • Options
    JJ , Who else can there be?
  • Options
    can't be any doubt now 
  • Options
    In absolute agreement with FA and stonemuse, it’s a no brainer. Anyone not yet convinced is a bit of a dimwit imo, to not give it to JJ would be criminal. He’s a man destined to lead us into a brighter future.
  • Options
    Our next manager is already in the hot seat…surely,Cmon TS,pull ya finger out…👍
  • Options
    What day does Sandgaard fly in for Plymouth? Got to have that sit down with Jacko, get a contract signed and announce it in front of the sell out crowd. 

Saturday will already be an incredible atmosphere. Very jealous of anyone going.
  • Options
    Don't forget about colin w*nker. He's available now....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like Warnock as a manager but if he is even being contemplated as being manager when JJ and JE have shown what they can do, that will be me losing interest in the season. As it stands, today's game was a battle and a good manager wins that sort of tight game. JJ will take us back to where we belong.
  • Options
    Yeah I quite agree Muttley, I was only messing about re Warnock and I'd be really gutted if jacko was overlooked again now.

But I'd still leave it a while to appoint Jacko permanently though. There's often a drop off in results after, not sure why, and we can't afford another bad patch again yet.

As long as Jacko and Tommy are happy with the  status quo, so am I.

• Options
    The job is Jacko’s. Be patient. 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    This is the right time for Johnnie Jackson to be manager. 
    Don't care if there are 100 applicants or 1000.
    Ged Roddy may have got it wrong with Nads but seeing JJ get performances out of "Charlton's worse team in history " then Ged should be pleading with Thomas Sandgaard to give the Job to JJ because it shows that the guys who came in were half decent and Steve Gallen and him didn't buy rubbish.
    Plus the guys already here have found some form. 

We haven't been able to replace Chuks Aneke so we will struggle to finish above 7th this season, especially from 22nd but with most of the talent at Cafc in the 18 years and younger, the future is bright, the futures Johnnie Jackson.
  • Options
    George Elek on Quest tonight asking why Jacko hasn't already been made permanent!
  • Options
    I reckon Thomas is going to see how things pan out over the next six weeks. We’ve got eight matches in that period. If we can win five or six of those, we’re right back in the mix and the job is Jacko’s.  If we drop away, we’ll have to rethink the options. There’s no rush to give Jacko the job
  • Options
    If we drop off over the next 8 games then there’s a serious problem with the players not the manager. We’ve best Sunderland away and should of beat the best team in the division in Rotherham. If we start dropping points to Shrewsbury then there’s a deeper problem. Who would solve that? I think a contract now for JJ gives the whole place a boost on top of a buzz. 
  • Options
    We now play table-topping Plymouth twice in a month. Interesting times. 
  • Options
    The turn round in results, formation, attitude and resolve is due to putting JJ in charge.  Make it official before his ability is recognised elsewhere.