Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2021/22 Thread

Comments

• Options
    At least the bin dippers will suffer all the more when Man City complete their comeback in the second half
    Well…..
  • Options
    Well then. 
  • Options
    3-1 essential goal to keep this game alive
  • Options
    Serves pep right for taking the Piss. As much as I dislike Liverpool, I’d be quite happy to see Man City win fuck all. 
    No chance. Can you even imagine what Liverpool fans will be like if they win the treble let alone a first ever quadruple? 
    I can imagine - they will be a victim of something I’m sure 
  • Options
    Glad to see Grealish getting a goal - Good interview with him ahead of the game
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Showed the Palace Liverpool semi during half time, the loops looked so good... even Palace and I got a bit jealous.
    Then a young Pardew was interviewed and all the nice fluffy thoughts melted instantly.
    Wankers the lot
  • Options
    after watching yesterday it's a shame that Liv / Man City isn't the final.

I'll actually look forward to watching their Semi Final as the football from both yesterday was absolutely top drawer, they are on another planet
    Pep isn’t bothered at all about this. You can tell by the lineups. Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if Liverpool win this at a canter. 
    I’d be livid if I were a City fan.
    A trip to Wembley ain’t exactly cheap.
    Piss take imo.

Glad for their fans they’ve got one back.
  • Options
    Showed the Palace Liverpool semi during half time, the loops looked so good... even Palace and I got a bit jealous.
    Then a young Pardew was interviewed and all the nice thoughts melted instantly. Wankers the lot
    Yep.
    He really has always been a c@nt 🤬
  • Options

I'll actually look forward to watching their Semi Final as the football from both yesterday was absolutely top drawer, they are on another planet
    Pep isn’t bothered at all about this. You can tell by the lineups. Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if Liverpool win this at a canter. 
    Piss take imo.

agreed, Pep is all to often too arrogant and too cool for school for his own good  .. not the first time he's picked what seems to be a 'weak' starting Xl from his expensively assembled and available squad
  • Options
    Fernandinho gets booked an hour late
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fernandinho gets booked an hour late
    he is and always has been a horrible fecker
  • Options
    edited April 2022

Piss take imo.

agreed, Pep is all to often too arrogant and too cool for school for his own good  .. not the first time he's picked what seems to be a 'weak' starting Xl from his expensively assembled and available squad
    In fairness, City got absolutely battered at Madrid midweek. Liverpool rested a number of their starting XI in that first half it showed. But, he doesn’t help bringing a backup keeper in to a makeshift defence and for that I would be raging as a fan for sure. 
  • Options
    Salah has been Charltonised since AFCON
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    At least the bin dippers will suffer all the more when Man City complete their comeback in the second half
    Four minutes to find a goal

Oh shame, so close to getting my prediction spot on
  • Options
    City pay the price for a terrible first half performance
  • Options
    Feels a shame that the FA Cup seems to be reduced to just being part of a potential collective “treble/quadruple” in situations like this.

As if getting to the FA Cup Final only matters if it comes as part of a wider portfolio.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Feels a shame that the FA Cup seems to be reduced to just being part of a potential collective “treble/quadruple” in situations like this.

As if getting to the FA Cup Final only matters if it comes as part of a wider portfolio.
    So long as those stripey virgins dont get their hands on the trophy I dont mind too much this season.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    cafctom said:

Since the Champions League the FA Cup is essentially the League Cup to big teams now. 

Man City's team compared from last week in the league to this, shows that. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

It isn't when one of the non trophy winning teams could win it, e.g. Leicester last year. That was massive for them and the fans

The same would apply to the likes of Spurs, who are desperate for a trophy
  • Options
    cafctom said:

It isn't when one of the non trophy winning teams could win it, e.g. Leicester last year. That was massive for them and the fans

I agree. The point I’m making is that many fans of the big sides (in this case Liverpool/City), plus the media, only seem to be looking at the FA Cup as something to win just so tbey can say they’ve won a treble or a quadruple.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The terrible thing about today’s result is that, even with two hurdles to overcome, I find myself wanting Chelsea to win the cup. I can’t remember that ever happening in my lifetime.
    Makes me feel a bit sick. 🤢

I think I’ll justify it by saying I want them to win it for Sean Lock. A great loss to comedy and a proper Chelsea supporter from back when they were ordinary.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:

I agree. The point I’m making is that many fans of the big sides (in this case Liverpool/City), plus the media, only seem to be looking at the FA Cup as something to win just so tbey can say they’ve won a treble or a quadruple.
    They did mention that it's been 10 years since Liverpool reached the FA Cup final, so a bit more special for them than say Chelsea fans, seeing that Chelsea have been to 4 of the last 5 finals!
  • Options
    Very worried that Liverpool look pretty good for a quadruple.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:

They did mention that it's been 10 years since Liverpool reached the FA Cup final, so a bit more special for them than say Chelsea fans, seeing that Chelsea have been to 4 of the last 5 finals!
    Fingers crossed that becomes 5 out of the last 6.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:

Fingers crossed that becomes 5 out of the last 6.
    Indeed, though the prospect of Palace losing 9-0 again is one we can always cling on to 
  • Options
    Serves pep right for taking the Piss. As much as I dislike Liverpool, I’d be quite happy to see Man City win fuck all. 
    And people still say that the FA Cup is not dead and teams go all out to win. 
  • Options
    It would cap off a wonderful season if the nigels make the final
  • Options
    I fancy a draw after 90 minutes and Palace to win in extra time OR penalties