Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Fleetwood Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 2nd October 2021

Comments

• Blimey, even Curbs and Brown are being critical about all the changes. 
  • On paper not a bad looking team but the process of arriving at it has been bonkers. And we’re not playing on paper!!  Let’s see. COYR
  • No idea, but feel like this is another banana skin. Too many thinking we're somehow going to pull it out the bag.
  • My gut feeling is we’ll be hearing Captain Pugwash a few times today, but it will be the last with Adkins at the helm 
  • I don’t necessarily think the changes are unexpected. Think Adkins prefers Soare so he was always going to come back in, as was Gilbey as both of them can’t play Saturday/Tuesday currently. 

Matthew’s had to be dropped, and in my view so did Watson (though I’d preferred Dobson to come in). So all those changes make sense to me.

Kirk coming in from the wilderness is the only slightly left field choice, but Charlton fans on here are saying he needs to be given a chance with a better full back behind him. 

Still not sure it will make much difference to our performance though as to me out of all the teams I’ve seen so far this season, even when we are in the ascendancy, we look like one of the poorest when we have the ball and when defending turn overs of play.

• Oggy Red said:

The poster who wanted Matthews "punished" ........ has got his wish.

He’s been a very naughty boy 
  • Sponsored links:

• Like the reminder from Scott that we can only watch outside the UK,,....good thing i'm in Paris then ain't it B)
  • edited October 2021
    Very concerned that central midfield looks lightweight. Kirk for CBT down the flank unlikely to help on previous form.
    Aside from exposing a defence that clearly needs resolute midfield cover, seems likely we'll end up lumping it, which would be incredibly depressing and unlikely to yield a result.
    Please prove me totally wrong - I'd be delighted.
    COYR
  • Not sure Gilbey and Lee can play in the same side.  Again it's the who was most shit last selection in center mid.  That's been going on, more a less, for over a year. 

God we could do with a Shirty in the team now! 
  • Does an Avanti West Coast train to Euston count as outside the UK? Feels like it!
  • Kirk back in from no where. Last roll of the dice by Adkins 
  • Oh for the days moaning about Pratley and Watson starting together!
  • Like the reminder from Scott that we can only watch outside the UK,,....good thing i'm in Paris then ain't it B)
    Good job I'm still in Norfolk - I can save my eyes the torture of watching the game.
  • Gone too attacking with it I reckon, we've just conceded 4 to a team that cut us open after we pressed them, so now we're just picking a team that won't even bother to press and track back instead? And away from home on a rainy autumn up in the North West? Doesn't make any sense
  • Oh God does he just want to surrender the midfield battle?  Tell me how that midfield is going to be hard to beat.  Why are we playing two up front, when we struggle to score one goal?  Sure Lee may drop a bit, but from what I've seen he doesn't look like he defensively disrupts play.

I'd be happy to see Arter, Gilbey and Morgan together, if Arter was near the player he was at Fulham.  But he hasn't been, we don't seem to be playing a defensively effective player at all across the midfield.  Sigh.
  • Sponsored links:

• That lineup's an open invitation for a brutal drubbing
    Soft as soft can be thru the middle, nobody there gonna put a foot in
    Exposing the desperately porous backline
    Gunter and Souaré getting zero protection from the "widemen"
    Grayson and his strikers rubbing their hands together
    MacG's gonna end up with a bad back from picking the ball out the net, by halftime!
  • Is Thomas scheduled to be over any time soon that we know of?
  • Fantastic interview with Robbo
  • He hasn’t got a clue with what his best starting 11 is. Desperate times leads to desperate measures. Last chance Saloon Nigel and he knows it. I really hope they all step up for him today. With The squad we have we shouldn’t be where we are. 
  • Happy with the side on paper. Felt Clare was one of our best performers on Tuesday so might have kept him in it.

Will the midfield be too lightweight? I don't know how Fleetwood play, but their pitch looks in good nick for passing football
  • edited October 2021
    bobmunro said:
    Don’t like this many changes, Clare for example, why would you not start him ffs?  

I will stick up him in respect of Arter, the only way you get match fit is by playing matches, so he’s gotta gamble on him at some stage.

Will we see a different Kirk now?
    Kenneth Williams Ooh Matron GIFs  Tenor

And another...
    If there was a tally of most used gifs and pictures on here I reckon it would be close with ‘it’s happening’, Michael Appleton and Kenneth Williams. Kenny always worth a lol!
    I love to think of what is almost certainly mostly middleaged to elderly men sniggering away like schoolboys...we don't really grow up do we?
  • bobmunro said:
    Don’t like this many changes, Clare for example, why would you not start him ffs?  

I will stick up him in respect of Arter, the only way you get match fit is by playing matches, so he’s gotta gamble on him at some stage.

Will we see a different Kirk now?
    Kenneth Williams Ooh Matron GIFs  Tenor

And another...
    If there was a tally of most used gifs and pictures on here I reckon it would be close with ‘it’s happening’, Michael Appleton and Kenneth Williams. Kenny always worth a lol!
    Michael Jackson Eating Popcorn GIFs  Tenor
  • Loving this question to Brownie about his dream 5-a-side team.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!