Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Fleetwood Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 2nd October 2021

Comments

• I like the line-up. Kirk back with a proper attacking left back behind him looks good. Gunter in to replace the tragic Matthews. I want Arter to do well because if he's fit he really is what we need breaking up play and distributing the ball well. On the face of it it's a good line-up with great options to come off the bench. Let's hope they can play well for more than 25 minutes and run for more than 60
  • Billy_Mix said:
    Is there a question over Connor Washington's fitness?
    If not then selecting Kirk in front of him is at best cavalier and closer to inexplicable.
    We're shipping goals for fun against moderate to crappy opposition and one of the hardest working players is overlooked for one who's not broken into a jog once nor ever tracks back to support his teammates.
    Adkins is out to lunch isn't he?  Could he even spell "consistency of selection" or maybe "teamwork".
    Watson's not even on the bench, is he crocked too?

Watson isn't in the 18 as we have a surplus of riches, or rather a surplus of players who can play in midfield
  • There playing the funeral march on the stream,..AKA, Addicks to Victory...clean sheet win B)
  • Dropping Matthews absolutely the right decision. I might even have fined the guy
  • Paddy Lane, is in my ears, and in my eyes...
  • Watson and Pearce were only supposed to be standbys and to help younger players, it says something about Adkins they have been starting
  • Players aren't really being dropped though are they? They're being left out the team and squad, then make a comeback straight into the first 11. I find that a bit odd personally.
  • I’ve never heard of any team rotating the line up like this. Feels another desperate throw of the dice. I’m praying he plays 442 which makes us less prone to getting rinsed on the flanks but suspect Nigel will play his usual formation. I have bad vibes about today just hope they can grab a result from somewhere! COYR
  • "Defender cum goalkeeper cum bottled it to Fleetwood ... Steve Brown"

:smiley:
  • edited October 2021
    Good to see Curbs and Brownie back with Scott in the studio, looking forward to the pre match banter,..ANOTHER   big game...COYFR.. B)
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    No Watson.
    How tragic.
    Who is supposed to be the captain?
    Gunter
  • Gunter captain, I would give it to Gilbey and keep it there tbh. 
  • Different players, same system, both have not been good enough this season. 
  • ross1 said:
    Watson and Pearce were only supposed to be standbys and to help younger players, it says something about Adkins they have been starting
    It says something about someone, not sure it's Adkins though. 
  • Aware that I'm tempting fate but if you look at that starting lineup not a chance it should be beaten today. But I thought the same on Tuesday !!
  • edited October 2021
    Scoham said:
    So many changes again, but good to see Watson dropped. Really need Arter (or Dobson when he gets another chance) to step up in that DM role, Watson's not quick enough.

Got to let the players build partnerships, only Lavelle and Famewo are getting a chance to do that.

Great that Leko's fit and Kirk's getting another chance, also means we have CBTs pace to bring on. With Kirk in it gives us a different type of threat down the left, rather than two wingers who's pace is their main strength - hopefully makes us less predictable.

Assuming it's 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 

CM

Gunter Lavelle Famewo Souare

Gilbey Arter

Lee

Leko                              Kirk

Davison
    Its 442, but with Leko as a withdrawn winger
  • I never want Watson to play for us, but he waits till we are playing in a cold, wet, windy, attritional game to drop him! 
  • edited October 2021
    Arter, Gilbey, Lee is how I saw the first choice midfield after the window, hopefully, this'll be the start of the potential that's there.
  • aliwibble said:
    seth plum said:
    No Watson.
    How tragic.
    Who is supposed to be the captain?
    Gunter
    Don't like just sticking the captaincy on the oldest or most experienced. Gunter and Watson should never have captained this club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    we are second from bottom at the moment Oggy not stuck at the bottom 3 points adrift .

But I do understand your meaning.😘
    I meant that we're 4 points from 'safety', of course.

Amended by popular request. :smile:

Not having a go at you Oggy.
    Guess what I think Charlton will win today just to prove Sandgaard right.😃😃2-1 

• edited October 2021
    Fair point from Curbs, why 5 more changes, how can you get the message across to the side if there are constant changes, as agreed with Brownie, Davison and Lee up top..
  • With my dad in Farnborough Hospital.  It is not looking good but he has more of a chance than Nigel I reckon.

CHEER ME THE FUCK UP CHARLTON!!
  • Adkins needs a result ( don't we all) Curbs and Brownie already questioning the changes again. Clearly not impressed.
  • Leko and Kirk have got to track back otherwise we are firked. 

Bizarre but sooner or later you have to win playing player roulette.
  • edited October 2021
    Steve Brown desperately trying to be tactful, but not always managing it:
    "If I haven't recovered from Tuesday to Saturday I'd be worried about myself"
  • season starts today we score 4
  • Second worst goal difference in the Third Division.

Oh boy.
  • Southbank said:
    Scoham said:
    So many changes again, but good to see Watson dropped. Really need Arter (or Dobson when he gets another chance) to step up in that DM role, Watson's not quick enough.

Got to let the players build partnerships, only Lavelle and Famewo are getting a chance to do that.

Great that Leko's fit and Kirk's getting another chance, also means we have CBTs pace to bring on. With Kirk in it gives us a different type of threat down the left, rather than two wingers who's pace is their main strength - hopefully makes us less predictable.

Assuming it's 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 

CM

Gilbey Arter

Lee

Leko                              Kirk

Davison
    Its 442, but with Leko as a withdrawn winger
    Yeah just heard Minto say 4-4-2. That's a very attacking midfield four. Guess we can drop Lee further back if needed.

CM

Leko    Gilbey   Arter     Kirk

Davison Lee
  • Who knows what our best XI is, certainly Adkins doesn’t seem to, but that team looks unbalanced to me. I obviously hope it works though. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!