Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Fleetwood Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 2nd October 2021

edited October 2021 in General Charlton
Fleetwood Town away. Captain Pugwash. Strong winds and driving rain.

Well, we're stuck at the bottom of the Third Division, 4 points adrift of 'safety'. 

Now or never, Mr Adkins.

Charlton: MacGillivray; Gunter (c), Lavelle, Famewo, Souaré; Lee, Arter, Gilbey; Leko, Davison, Kirk

Subs: Henderson, Pearce, Clare, Morgan, Stockley, Washington, Blackett-Taylor

Comments

• Options
    Got a stinking cold, so appropriate that I'll be sucking Fisherman's Friends during the game, the famous local product.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Glad to see Charlie Kirk back in the line up 

Surprised that Leko is fit to be involved after being withdrawn on Tuesday 
  • Options
    we are second from bottom at the moment Oggy not stuck at the bottom 3 points adrift .

But I do understand your meaning.😘
  • Options

The poster who wanted Matthews "punished" ........ has got his wish.

• Options
    More chopping and changing! But you expect that after a 4-1 drubbing I suppose. Things just aren't very clear atm.

We are catching ourselves out more than the opposition with such lineup changes.
  • Options
    Got a stinking cold, so appropriate that I'll be sucking Fisherman's Friends during the game, the famous local product.
    Well I dare say a there's a few fisherman down that way whose friends will be grateful to you mate  ;)
  • Options
    5 changes. Prefer CBT from the bench. Perfect player to bring on for the final 20 mins.
  • Options
    No Watson.
    How tragic.
    Who is supposed to be the captain?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we are second from bottom at the moment Oggy not stuck at the bottom 3 points adrift .

But I do understand your meaning.😘
    I meant that we're 4 points from 'safety', of course.

Amended by popular request. :smile:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    No Watson.
    How tragic.
    Gilbey I hope
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    No Watson.
    How tragic.
    Everybody's folk hero, Mr Chris Gunter.

• Options
    still ringing the changes .. lets hope Adkins has got it right at last .. Come On You Addicklkksssssaaaaaaa
  • Options
    The usual 5? changes. This week's random midfield combo is Arter and Gilbey.
  • Options

• Options
    Don’t like this many changes, Clare for example, why would you not start him ffs?  

I will stick up him in respect of Arter, the only way you get match fit is by playing matches, so he’s gotta gamble on him at some stage.

Will we see a different Kirk now?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    No Watson.
    How tragic.
    Shirtliff's on comms duty today with @StubleyAddick.

I'd get him down onto the pitch instead to show these muppets what leadership is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got to stick with Arter and Kirk, get them match fit
  • Options
    Five changes Kirk starts Gunter, Souaré, Arter, Gilbey also return to starting XI #cafc | http://cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    Hard to get confident for anything at the moment.

Fear Fleetwood Boom Boom. Charlton Boom Splat (player sent off)
  • Options
    I predict a 30 minute period we play decent enough, where we maybe nick a goal, followed by 60 minutes of us being under pressure, our full backs making mistakes on the ball when they get pressed, and us eventually conceding a couple of goals.
  • Options
    After is playing to justify the signing/wages.
    Based on what we have seen so far he isn’t playing because he is any good.
  • Options
    5 changes. Prefer CBT from the bench. Perfect player to bring on for the final 20 mins.
    To nab that consolation. 
  • Options
    Is there a question over Connor Washington's fitness?
    If not then selecting Kirk in front of him is at best cavalier and closer to inexplicable.
    We're shipping goals for fun against moderate to crappy opposition and one of the hardest working players is overlooked for one who's not broken into a jog once nor ever tracks back to support his teammates.
    Adkins is out to lunch isn't he?  Could he even spell "consistency of selection" or maybe "teamwork".
    Watson's not even on the bench, is he crocked too?

• Options
    So many changes again, but good to see Watson dropped. Really need Arter (or Dobson when he gets another chance) to step up in that DM role, Watson's not quick enough.

Got to let the players build partnerships, only Lavelle and Famewo are getting a chance to do that.

Great that Leko's fit and Kirk's getting another chance, also means we have CBTs pace to bring on. With Kirk in it gives us a different type of threat down the left, rather than two wingers who's pace is their main strength - hopefully makes us less predictable.

Assuming it's 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 

CM

Gunter Lavelle Famewo Souare

Gilbey Arter

Lee

Leko                              Kirk

Davison
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!