Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Fleetwood Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 2nd October 2021

Comments

• Options
    It's going to be a long 45 minutes. Just praying we hold out for three points.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Arter has been better, Kirk has been better.

Even Gunter has been okay.

To be fair to Gunter, he was always fine at RB last season, just not brilliant. He did surprisingly well at CB considering he's not a CB and he was playing alongside Pratley who is also not a CB, and he's been playing left back all this season. He's a dependable RB. (Please don't now score seven own goals Gunter)
    He wasn't always fine, lost his man or didn't bother tracking a fair few times. 
  • Options
    Maybe it's coming over better on the stream, but to me we've been decent but unexceptional. On balance we deserve to be ahead, but it's not like Gillingham where we were by far the better team.

• Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Game’s won. We can’t possibly not win this.
    Want to bet...😄
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Who’s the co-commentator? Some random northerner they found on Blackpool pier?
    WTF
  • Options
    AlsonKirk has used his left foot alot more then I thought he could today. 
  • Options
    Matthews had played well up to tuesday against Bolton, perhaps another who was running on empty, needs a rest. Lets hope we can get something today and take a break and get the fitness levels back up.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Arter has been better, Kirk has been better.

Even Gunter has been okay.

To be fair to Gunter, he was always fine at RB last season, just not brilliant. He did surprisingly well at CB considering he's not a CB and he was playing alongside Pratley who is also not a CB, and he's been playing left back all this season. He's a dependable RB. (Please don't now score seven own goals Gunter)
    Sorry but that is patently untrue. He has let us down multiple times from RB. He was also the player to let their striker go for their one-on-one chance in this match.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked like Leko has had a bit of an ongoing battle with one or two their'n throughout the first half, so nice for him to get the goal and shut them up for the time being.....

Usually an optimist, but thought we were shit for majority of that half, looking a lot better for the few minutes after the goal.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Kicking towards the addicks now, ..will be like The Covered End second half..hopefully the wind against don't derail us B)
  • Options
    47' A textbook, crunching Harry Arter tackle sends the ball onto the roof of the social club next door. #ftfc 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Got to hold on to this. If not it has to be bye bye Adkins
  • Options
    Is that actually the first "reducer" we have put in all season? 
  • Options
    Annoyingly I'm just waiting for the capitulation. I want to be positive and say we'll hold on but I just don't believe it
  • Options
    50' Lavelles blocks a Biggins effort as he turns in the box. #ftfc 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    philcafc said:
    Got to hold on to this. If not it has to be bye bye Adkins
    Fair point mate but feel we need more than to just hold on,.. we need a convincing 3 points
  • Options
    1. 48'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Callum Camps.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    That looked straight down the middle? Did the stream look different?
  • Options
    1-1
  • Options
    Mac should save that.
  • Options
    51' Goal Fleetwood. Danny Andrew dispatches a stunning free-kick into the top right-hand corner. #ftfc 1 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Bollocks
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    50' Lavelles blocks a Biggins effort as he turns in the box. #ftfc 0 #cafc 1
    The way our defence has capitulated this season I'd expect us to struggle with Christopher Biggins.
  • Options
    Seen it all before from us though. We look decent and actually have some very good moments going forwards and probably should have got at least 2. 

But we are only 1 - 0 up, and if Fleetwood come out quickly 2nd half I'm so worried we will just roll over again. 
    Well there we go... 
  • Options
    Here we go for a cave in
  • Options
    what a fucking surprise

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!