Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Fleetwood Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 2nd October 2021

Comments

• Options
    We won! 

*the first half
  • Options
    Good first half let’s see if we can continue on with that and react to Fleetwoods changes 
  • Options
    Arter has been better, Kirk has been better.

Even Gunter has been okay.

• Options
    Arter done a lot more than I was expecting. Fitness levels clearly improving and putting the effort in. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Who’s the co-commentator? Some random northerner they found on Blackpool pier?
    Shirtliff 
  • Options
    Seen it all before from us though. We look decent and actually have some very good moments going forwards and probably should have got at least 2. 

But we are only 1 - 0 up, and if Fleetwood come out quickly 2nd half I'm so worried we will just roll over again. 
  • Options
    Well that was refreshing. Good half. Liked Lee and Kirk combining. 

Souare and Gunter not being tested. Let's see what happens second period. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    You mean our great hero from the Leeds playoff Peter Shirtliff.. B)
    se9addick said:
    Peter Shirtliff
    Ah, before my time I’m afraid! 
    Jimmy Seed was before my time but I know who he is.
    Same with Jesus. 
    The winger..?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    I'm a bit scared to say I enjoyed that! We played some good stuff. Lee and Kirk linking really well. Should've scored another at least. 

I'm baffled why Stanley aren't pressing our CBs since we struggle so much with that. Poor management there. 
  • Options
    Get in nigel has turned our season around
  • Options
    Best half of the season for me, first time we've had a solid structure. Have to keep it up second half.
  • Options
    We only win just before the International break , then when we return after,  we've gone back to shit.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Surely the best stats we’ve had for a half recently. Probably best we’ve had for 90mins this season actually!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

To be fair to Gunter, he was always fine at RB last season, just not brilliant. He did surprisingly well at CB considering he's not a CB and he was playing alongside Pratley who is also not a CB, and he's been playing left back all this season. He's a dependable RB. (Please don't now score seven own goals Gunter)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Gunter not really been tested but yeah done ok. 
  • Options
    Really good first half.

Gilbey outstanding. Lee not far behind. In fact, leaving aside Kirk's miss, the front 4 have all played well.

We're well on top. Lets hope this isn't another Gillingham, where Fleetwood get a roasting at half-time and come out all guns firing.

We can win this if we play like we did in the first.  
  • Options
    Deserved lead at HT. Better play has come from us, and I think we'll get at least one more. Soare and Gunter look the weak links today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

To be fair to Gunter, he was always fine at RB last season, just not brilliant. He did surprisingly well at CB considering he's not a CB and he was playing alongside Pratley who is also not a CB, and he's been playing left back all this season. He's a dependable RB. (Please don't now score seven own goals Gunter)
    Don't rate Gunter much but he deserves to be in over Matthews at the moment.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Arter has looked far more mobile this game. Wonder if he has the fitness to keep that up. 
  • Options
    Echo what others have said , we don’t seem to have managed to string together 2 good halves of football , I’m just hoping we don’t have a repeat of Gillingham 
  • Options
    my first VPN game, what fun - so far
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Game’s won. We can’t possibly not win this.
    This your first Charlton game of the season? 
  • Options
    Cmon Charlton, keep it up!
  • Options
    Off to bed while winning 
  • Options
    I think we are playing quite well. To be fair to Adkins, Arter and Gilbey look a good midfield pairing who complement each other and would like to see more of them. Matthews had a few poor games and with Gunter today we arw more solid there. Saw some good things from Kirk as well. Now we need to keep it up in this second half. We really need a second goal though.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!