Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Did you share a cab with me last night?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    The unknown guy was down to his last penny, and our guy was turning around in a taxi while it was raining near a train at Waterloo, and the unknown guy was transported to Australia for fare dodging, or something like that.
  • Options
    The other bloke probably did a runner when he got to Westminster.

This is a great journey of LOL's we are on and many thanks to everyone who have participated and especially Shine who made it all possible. 
    Can't wait for crimewatch to return to BBC.
  • Options

100 posts! Congrats @shine166 :smile:

• Options

Cant help but to read that in Judge Rinders voice. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a thread!! Loved it, it definitely brightened up my boring Thurs evening. Not quite @Stuwall but close!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    One thing that’s not really been touched upon is what happened when the other guy got out of the cab at Westminster.
    The cabbie will want his money of course but most likely Mr X
    is going to say “Well it was you who told him to get out and then drove off, I have already paid as far as I’m concerned and I don’t have any more money on me anyway and even if I did I’m not responsible for what went down between you and him.”
    It gets more hilarious by the minute when you think about it.🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Reason Shino's travelling companion ain't yet relied to his post. - 

It was his last £35 and the cabbie was a black belt
  • Options
    I'm going to re visit this thread post 5pm tomorrow as I think I may need cheering up. Top class Shine mate you have made us all chuckle well done
  • Options
    What I don't get is;

First you said the guy was £35 out of pocket. Then it gets changed to £25. Then it turns out that it's only £10, because you also put some money in, although you didn't actually put any money "in", the other bloke just gave you a tenner, even though he would be the last to get out.

I may have missed it, but have you said the fella's name or a description?

Anyway, so when you turned out your pockets in the morning, you noticed that you had a tenner more than you should have, and then realised what must have happened the night before.

Can I smell someone's pants on fire?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    What I don't get is;

First you said the guy was £35 out of pocket. Then it gets changed to £25. Then it turns out that it's only £10, because you also put some money in, although you didn't actually put any money "in", the other bloke just gave you a tenner, even though he would be the last to get out.

Anyway, so when you turned out your pockets in the morning, you noticed that you had a tenner more than you should have, and then realised what must have happened the night before.

No….I don’t think he’s telling porkies at all…….which is what makes it such a bizarre and amusing event.😂😂😂
  • Options
    To be fair shine went to the Police photofit department to get their help identifying his mate:

12 really rubbish e-fits of criminals that don39t look like real people   Metro News
  • Options
    What I don't get is;

Can journey was gonna be £25. 
    The other passenger gave Shine £10

Shine did a runner. 

The other passenger would have had to pay the cab fare of £25 in addition to the £10 quid already given to Shine

Therefore he paid out £35 in total 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So the other bloke is only down £10, as he dropped Shino off and would need to pay the fare from Charlton to Westminster anyway.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    He's probably £25 down - the £10 he gave to Shine and the £15 Shine was chipping in.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What I don't get is;

Shine did a runner. 

The other passenger would have had to pay the cab fare of £25 in addition to the £10 quid already given to Shine

Ah, thanks. I see where he got his numbers from now. But the other bloke would've had to pay £25 for the cab anyway, so he's only really down a tenner.

Even so, I retract my "pants on fire" question.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    seth plum said:
    To be fair shine went to the Police photofit department to get their help identifying his mate:

12 really rubbish e-fits of criminals that don39t look like real people   Metro News
    Hey, that's Southall with Syrup, sounds like you have a result there @shine166 B)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    What I don't get is;

Shine did a runner. 

What about the tip?
  • Options
    We don’t know the final cost given the Black Cabbies protocol of going from Waterloo to London Bridge via Ealing.