Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Did you share a cab with me last night?

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    I’m not sure I’m being whooshed here @shine166

- You were offered / negotiated to share a cab with a stranger from Greenwich to London Bridge

- At some point in the journey the other person gave you money towards the fare

- At London Bridge you got out and effectively done a runner not paying the driver (and with the other fella’s money he gave you)

Am i interpreting that right? 
    Yeah thats exactly what happened and after knicking a strangers money I came on here first thing to find out who it was.

For fuck sake, read my posts and you'll easily see it was a mistake due to circumstances. 
    Wow - that response is a bit strong !!!

I think you will find that he was simply asking if he had understood it correctly or not !!
    Well I explained myself multiple times and I'm still getting accused of running off with the fellas money 
  • Options
    And on this journey you didnt talk to each other?
  • Options
    Then what happened?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Right ....

Got to our station in torrential rain and the trains were scrapped.

Policeman tells to get a bus, I'm not from the area so have no idea where I'm going.

Find a bustop and wait.

Get on the bus to Greenwich and still have no idea where I am or how long it takes.

Chat to another fan who also needs a cab, decide to share one. 

Get in a cab, he decides he needs to go Westminster after we've worked out the cash 

Out of nowhere the driver tells me to get out so he can turn around.... I do as I'm asked 

Run for my train home 

Wake up today and I've got the £25

Make a post on here to try find the fella

...get grief on here 

Don't forget,  not local, don't have a clue of the area, it's pitch black and gashing it down. 

I don’t see that you are getting grief - just some of us were confused, and others made light hearted jokes about it

Is the £25 your share of the cab fare, or the combination of the cash you and the bloke put together, but you inadvertently had it in you pocket (or wallet)
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Right ....

Got to our station in torrential rain and the trains were scrapped.

Policeman tells to get a bus, I'm not from the area so have no idea where I'm going.

Find a bustop and wait.

Get on the bus to Greenwich and still have no idea where I am or how long it takes.

Chat to another fan who also needs a cab, decide to share one. 

Get in a cab, he decides he needs to go Westminster after we've worked out the cash 

Out of nowhere the driver tells me to get out so he can turn around.... I do as I'm asked 

Run for my train home 

Wake up today and I've got the £25

Make a post on here to try find the fella

...get grief on here 

Don't forget,  not local, don't have a clue of the area, it's pitch black and gashing it down. 

Would that stand up in a court of law?🤔
  • Options
    Thread of the year potential. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    What are you taking about ? 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    clb74 said:
    What are you taking about ? 
    Did you not exchange names?
  • Options
    It makes sense to me but I dunno why the other guy gave you cash before he worked out where he was going 
  • Options
    It makes sense to me but I dunno why the other guy gave you cash before he worked out where he was going 
    He was originally going to the same place and changed his mind 
  • Options
    how old was he?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is like one of those mental gymnastic puzzles where you need to get the chickens across the river in a boat without the fox eating them.
    Get the fox and the chickens to share a water taxi !!!
  • Options
    You have actually done him there lmao, bet he's fuming. If you have Twitter maybe worth putting on there
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    I thought I understood off the bat, but now you've explained it again, I'm confused.

The cab driver asked you to get out so he could turn around, you got out and run for your train?

Sounds like 2 of the 3 participants got turned around....
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    I thought I understood off the bat, but now you've explained it again, I'm confused.

The cab driver asked you to get out so he could turn around, you got out and run for your train?

Asked me to get out where we were as it was easier for him, saved fucking about right at the station I guess. 
  • Options
    how many drinks did u have?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    how many drinks did u have?
    5 pints and I only drink at football once a month, so definitely half cut as I have zero tolerance