Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Did you share a cab with me last night?

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Donate the 25 pounds to the Upbeats 
    Now that is a good idea - no losers in that solution 
    Shine will be the loser if he bumps into the fella he shared the cab with.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    One angle to praise is that two people shared a cab, rather than there being two cabs.
    Saving the planet as well as saving the fare.
    Well kind of although the other bloke did pay for what would have been in effect 2 cabs lol
  • Options
    i thought u ran for the train before the cab left
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    how old was he?

And did he pass the CharltonLife height test?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Bet you wish you hadn't started this thread eh @shine166, you have ended up speaking to most of CL apart from the guy you owe the spondulix, think we can assume he ain't a member by now, and you are up 25 Sovs...sorted eh B)
  • Options
    was it Lyle ???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get Coleen Rooney on the case

It's.......
  • Options
    This is comedy gold. 

Although image after all this, it turns out the tenner was a snide anyway 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    What a thread!!!

@shine166inadvertently or not, you've stitched the fella right up :smile:
  • Options
    Feel for Mrs Shine166.

Get home alright last night love?

So it was pissing down…
  • Options
    You'll be asking for the bloke's bank details next...
  • Options
    Well, @shine166 if you don't find this fella, let me know. I'm a personal friend of the King of Nigeria and I'm sure he can help.  Just need a few banks details etc.

• Options
    Great thread.

Also, good on you @shine166 for trying to do a thoroughly decent thing. I hope this has taught you a lesson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Redhenry said:
    how old was he?

And did he pass the CharltonLife height test?
    YTS = You're Too Short?
  • Options
    Only joking Shiner :-) 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Just out of interest, where are you from and where were you going?

Just so's I know to keep me wit's about me if I ever find myself walking round there alone
  • Options
    Well done Shine166. Honesty is the best policy.

You have given me a great laugh reading this and the humour from other lifers has greatly lifted my mood following last nights humiliating result. 

Let us know if you find the bloke - before he finds you (: (:
  • Options
    Note to self - add a "sometimes asking for our help backfires" category in the next update of the Charlton Life highlights thread.
    @Shine166 it's still probably worth putting it on twitter, and maybe getting the official club account to retweet it. You just need to explain it slightly better than you did here :)
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    AndyG said:
    Funniest thread of the day award for sure ! 
    I keep thinking about the poor sod watching you leg ot for your train leaving him to pick up the fare after he had already paid ffs. I bet he has told everyone he has spoken to today 😂😂😂😂
     Wonder if he realised straight away, or though what a nice chap, hope he catches his train...

...wait a minute!!  Bastard!!  Hope he missed the last train.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Gribbo said:
    I thought I understood off the bat, but now you've explained it again, I'm confused.

The cab driver asked you to get out so he could turn around, you got out and run for your train?

Asked me to get out where we were as it was easier for him, saved fucking about right at the station I guess. 
    You still need to explain the make up of the £25 (see above)
    Both, well £10 of his and £15 me... this ain't no great train robbery 😆
    Trying to excuse yourself by suggesting you were half pissed won’t be considered as a plausible excuse by the judge and he/she will direct the jury accordingly.
    I’m no expert but I’d say if it gets to court, you’re gonna be toast…..best to try to settle out of court IMHO….or at best hold yer hands up and plead guilty.