Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln away tickets to go on sale

Comments

• Options
    unless you can book well in advance and/or have one of the many discount cards, travel by rail is not cheap
    Is this not the same as most things Lincs?
    The earlier you book the cheaper the deal?

• Options
    If your 16-17 ,  18-25, 26-30  , over 60, travel with a child 15 or under,  go with a mate  THEN get yourself a railcard for £30.
    Too add registered disabled or travel off peak in the south east on your own.
  • Options
    Could be a couple of drawbacks though.
    I have two together railcard with a mate,  if one of us cant go then the tickets become invalid for us.
    I could though pass these tickets on to someone else with two together railcard or buy another two together railcard and go with someone else.
  • Options
    I bought the family one then bought all the tickets 2 adults 2 kids, worked out miles cheaper but because the "kids" didn't travel rendered the whole thing invalid. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    unless you can book well in advance and/or have one of the many discount cards, travel by rail is not cheap

One of the problems there is that LNER have been unable to sell well in advance tickets on many journeys for quite a while as (according to them), they could not guarantee that the service would be operating. I have come across this three or four times over the last couple of years or so.
    By the time they eventually do go on sale, the well in advance offers no longer exist.
    Sharp practice or genuine reasons…..the jury’s out on that one.🤨
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    clb74 said:

One of the problems there is that LNER have been unable to sell well in advance tickets on many journeys for quite a while as (according to them), they could not guarantee that the service would be operating. I have come across this three or four times over the last couple of years or so.
    By the time they eventually do go on sale, the well in advance offers no longer exist.
    Sharp practice or genuine reasons…..the jury’s out on that one.🤨
    I went to London by train for the Pompey game, booked in early August at Grimsby station on the Senior Railcard .. the friendly clerk sold me the tickets at the discount rate and advised that I delay buying the Senior card until nearer travel time. I usually have a valid Railcard but let it lapse during the pandemic as I went NOwhere.
    Came down on the Friday, always a bit more expensive day, back the next Tuesday, cost £39 return, not the cheapest as I chose times convenient to me, cheapest would have been around £34. The route was a bit convoluted, (I'll spare you the details lol) but I enjoy a change having done the Grim/Donny/KingsX route many times. Buying the same journeys a week/10 days before would have cost around £85, even with discount Railcard.

A tip .. the best views of the Thames and both south and north banks is from Blackfriars Thameslink platforms looking east, make sure your cam/phone is turned on .. here endeth the story  :)
  • Options
    I bought the family one then bought all the tickets 2 adults 2 kids, worked out miles cheaper but because the "kids" didn't travel rendered the whole thing invalid. 
    Of course this can be a downside.
    But of the course of 6 years a mate of mine was able to save thousands of pounds for himself and other mates with the family and friends card.
  • Options
    Boom said:
    Stig said:
    Off_it said:
    se9addick said:
    Until this thread, I never realised Newark had 2 stations!
    Honestly, until my friend booked these train tickets I had never heard of Newark (in England).
    The anagram town
    I'm getting nowt.
    Wanker
    That's a bit harsh isn't it mate? He was only asking.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    redbuttle said:
    Anyone buying a train ticket make sure you get Via Newark Northgate and NOT Newark Castle.
    You can get trains from Newark Castle to Lincoln and it's not too far to walk from Newark Northgate.
    A few very decent boozers on the way.
    That’s good news because we have to do that walk too!

Castlegate looks interesting.

• Options
    838 tickets left, so we're a long way from selling out despite the 8 phases before going on open sale
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    838 tickets left, so we're a long way from selling out despite the 8 phases before going on open sale
    I wonder whether the complex system is actually putting people off.  Let's say a supporter isn't on here to get updates on ticket availability.  If they only qualify for general sale, look at the news item on the CAFC web site on ticket release, look at the number of tickets available, they might just think they'll be no chance of getting a ticket and just give up at that stage. 
  • Options
    You can buy tickets on the day.
  • Options
    We’ve not played them away (in front of a crowd) in the league since 1960.  

Last time we played them competitively at all was in the league cup 1986, which assuming was a midweek.

So let’s have ya die hards, anyone at either of those fixtures??
    Not sure about this but I went to lincoln away by coach as a schoolboy and saw a 3-3 draw,dont know if this was the game in 1960
  • Options

Last time we played them competitively at all was in the league cup 1986, which assuming was a midweek.

Not sure about this but I went to lincoln away by coach as a schoolboy and saw a 3-3 draw,dont know if this was the game in 1960
    It was 1959 by the looks of things! 

• Options
    cafcfan said:
    I wonder whether the complex system is actually putting people off.  Let's say a supporter isn't on here to get updates on ticket availability.  If they only qualify for general sale, look at the news item on the CAFC web site on ticket release, look at the number of tickets available, they might just think they'll be no chance of getting a ticket and just give up at that stage. 
    I don't think it puts people off. I agree with the phases. People who are going regularly should get first priority. 
  • Options
    774 left
  • Options
    774 left
    We're gonna fall short of selling out. Perhaps if we had a league game this weekend and won it then there'd have been a final surge of sales. 
  • Options
    I'm surprised at the low ticket sales for this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't see that selling out with 1,803 available.
  • Options
    Being a new ground for many, selling out should have been possible - but 1,200 or so for Lincoln while in the League One relegation zone isn't too bad for me. 
    Charlton clearly expected that it might sell out (or get close) seeing that it put the game through the points tiers before going on general sale, something it didn't do for Fleetwood or Sunderland

Lincoln is a new ground for most of us, and a pleasant place to visit I assume, but it's further away than I was expecting, further than Derby or Nottingham for example, and fairly slow to get to, due to not being on a mainline
  • Options

It was 1959 by the looks of things! 

Yes just checked,remember it quite well,got the coach outside Charlton house at some ungodly hour.The ground ,Sincil Bank was quite big,mostly standing where you could walk round at will,seem to remember a small stream flowing near one of the corners
  • Options
    774 left
    694 left, 80 sold last 24 hours
  • Options
    I haven’t made up mind yet. Anyone know if the remainders will be for sale on the day?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I haven’t made up mind yet. Anyone know if the remainders will be for sale on the day?
    Whereas I can’t confirm it, I would say it’s a 99% certainly that they will be.
    That’s normally the case at all clubs…….not sure about The Premiership or Cat A games though?
  • Options
    Worst case scenario, go in the home end, they'll sell on Saturday.
  • Options
    549 left
  • Options
    549 left
    You going AFKA?
  • Options
    No mate, been away last weekend on a lads trip so giving this a swerve