Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lincoln away tickets to go on sale

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    I was at the 1960 game,
    @SoundAsa£ You must have been about 14 👏, did you go on your own mate and out of interest by what means did you get there? 
    I was 12.
    My sister and brother-in-law lived in Waddington just about 3 miles from the ground.
    I have no idea how I got there for the game, maybe Mum and Dad drove up with me for a weekend stay with them. I would have gone to the game with my brother-in-law who had started supporting The Imps when they moved there a few years earlier.
    The 1985 game I would have driven up myself and stayed a day or two with them.
    I lived on the RAF base at Waddington from 61 to 67.  34 Vulcan Street.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I was at the 1960 game,
    @SoundAsa£ You must have been about 14 👏, did you go on your own mate and out of interest by what means did you get there? 
    I was 12.
    My sister and brother-in-law lived in Waddington just about 3 miles from the ground.
    I have no idea how I got there for the game, maybe Mum and Dad drove up with me for a weekend stay with them. I would have gone to the game with my brother-in-law who had started supporting The Imps when they moved there a few years earlier.
    Doesn’t sound the greatest of retirement places, has to be said 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Anyone buying a train ticket make sure you get Via Newark Northgate and NOT Newark Castle.
    You can get trains from Newark Castle to Lincoln and it's not too far to walk from Newark Northgate.
    A few very decent boozers on the way.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    I was at the 1960 game,
    I was 12.
    Doesn’t sound the greatest of retirement places, has to be said 
    My sister and brother in law lived near The Horse & Jockey.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Anyone buying a train ticket make sure you get Via Newark Northgate and NOT Newark Castle.
    You can get trains from Newark Castle to Lincoln and it's not too far to walk from Newark Northgate.
    A few very decent boozers on the way.
    That’s good news because we have to do that walk too!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    The Strugglers and the Victoria are great pubs, are there any decent ones near the station and the Quay.
  • Options
    Until this thread, I never realised Newark had 2 stations!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The absolute fuck are these rail prices 

Anyway, I'm in, see you all there. Better be worth the 65 quid LNER have stolen from me 
    Sorry Leuth but you cant blame LNER .
    If youd bought a train ticket when they was 1st available £36.
    If you was going with a couple of mates youd of got another £7.20 off
  • Options
    There's naff all around Newark Northgate from what I've seen, not even an off licence to top up supplies.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Some nice boozers and a Morissons less than 10 minutes walk from the station.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Honestly, until my friend booked these train tickets I had never heard of Newark (in England).
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Honestly, until my friend booked these train tickets I had never heard of Newark (in England).

I've driven past Newark, so know it has a nice castle!
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    There's naff all around Newark Northgate from what I've seen, not even an off licence to top up supplies.
    There is a large Boots in the Northgate retail Park just across the road from the station…..but only sandwiches and soft drinks unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    se9addick said:

I've driven past Newark, so know it has a nice castle!
    What’s left of it.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    se9addick said:
    The anagram town
    I'm getting nowt.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Leuth said:

Anyway, I'm in, see you all there. Better be worth the 65 quid LNER have stolen from me 
    Out of interest who do you use to book these cheap train tickets. Golfie Jnr was talking of taking his girlfriend to an away game and was looking at semi-local ones like Cambridge or Cheltenham. He looked at Lincoln & said the cost was c£60 (as a pp just indicated). Where can you get them for what looks like half the price....?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Leuth said:

Out of interest who do you use to book these cheap train tickets. Golfie Jnr was talking of taking his girlfriend to an away game and was looking at semi-local ones like Cambridge or Cheltenham. He looked at Lincoln & said the cost was c£60 (as a pp just indicated). Where can you get them for what looks like half the price....?
    I think the two main things to do are book early ideally when the tickets are released which I think is 12 weeks prior to date if travel - (be wary of international weekends if booking that far in advance though!). Also look at the split fare websites (this is one, but there’s a few now https://www.splitmyfare.co.uk/). Booking train tickets a couple of weeks before is always going to be more expensive than a booking much earlier, both are an expensive way to break up with a girl though! 
  • Options
    938 tickets remaining.
  • Options
    I'm getting the early morning train in myself. Will spend a very pleasant day sightseeing and such. Will make sure I'm wearing Scarfie if anyone wants to say hi
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Leuth said:

try https://www.omio.co.uk/  have always found these to be better than trainline etc
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Off_it said:
    se9addick said:
    The anagram town
    I'm getting nowt.
    Wanker
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    clb74 said:
    Leuth said:

I think the two main things to do are book early ideally when the tickets are released which I think is 12 weeks prior to date if travel - (be wary of international weekends if booking that far in advance though!). Also look at the split fare websites (this is one, but there’s a few now https://www.splitmyfare.co.uk/). Booking train tickets a couple of weeks before is always going to be more expensive than a booking much earlier, both are an expensive way to break up with a girl though! 
    ads said:
    clb74 said:
    Leuth said:

try https://www.omio.co.uk/  have always found these to be better than trainline etc
    Thanks to both of you & I'll let him know.
  • Options
    Im always booking this stuff late. Just paid 62.50, not a direct train going via Newark. Quite a long wait at Newark for the Lincoln connection. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    lonman said:
    Im always booking this stuff late. Just paid 62.50, not a direct train going via Newark. Quite a long wait at Newark for the Lincoln connection. 
    There are no direct services from Kings Cross to Lincoln but with the University having become huge and the general population increasing rapidly, LNER have plans to introduce as many as five direct trains a day to and from London KX…..within the next 12 months I believe……not before time too!
    However the line between Newark and Lincoln is not high speed, so will still take approx 20 minutes.
  • Options
    lonman said:
    Make sure your Newark connection isn’t from a different station in Newark, otherwise you’ll have a very long wait in Newark!
  • Options
    unless you can book well in advance and/or have one of the many discount cards, travel by rail is not cheap
  • Options
    unless you can book well in advance and/or have one of the many discount cards, travel by rail is not cheap
    You need a university degree to wade through all the options, it’s farcical.😤
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Try the Newcastle Arms mate.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Leuth said:

How old is the boy and his girlfriend, Golfie?
    Do they use trains much and do either of them have any railcards?