Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ongoing British Tennis…

Comments

• Options
    Would be brilliant if he could win it (obviously).  Berettini has been out for a while too so Murray has a decent chance.
    A lot will depend on whether or not Berettini gets his big serve right on the day.
  • Options
    Murray takes final to third set - his movement looks pretty good.
  • Options
    The fact he’s even playing professionally with a metal hip is remarkable but to then reach the final of a tour level competition is just absurd. Wouldn’t be surprised if he does lose the deciding set now just due to not having the physical strength but, it must still give him so much belief to carry on. 
  • Options
    Down a break in the third set but still plenty of time…
  • Options
    He would jump to world no.35 if somehow turned this around.
  • Options
    Murray really struggling with his hip or groin. Suspect there might be a match retirement coming.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Looking at the live ranking points & if Murray were to lose today, he would probably need to reach the semi final at Queens (worth 180 points) to get a seeded position for Wimbledon. QF is worth 90 points but that may not quite be enough.

Unfortunately, his route to a semi final there looks very difficult.

Sonego 1st round -> Berrettini or Evans 2nd round -> Shapovalov, Tiafoe or Wawrinka quarter final.

• Options
    Murray struggled throughout 3rd set with injury - will he play at Queen's ?

• Options
    You’d have to think skipping Queens would be in consideration after the way that final ended, and the crap draw he’s got to boot.

If he’s targeting Wimbledon, I’m not sure another week of tennis is going to prepare him better than rest.

He’s already played Surbiton and Stuttgart so has plenty of time on the grass over the last couple of weeks.
  • Options
    At Queen’s, waiting to see Draper. This person is literally double-hatting  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cinch must be spending a fortune on promotion at the moment. All those adverts with Rylan, the England cricket team and now the Queen's event
  • Options
    Cinch must be spending a fortune on promotion at the moment. All those adverts with Rylan, the England cricket team and now the Queen's event
    Them and Cazoo.... millions of quid spent on a whim with no data or analysis behind where they spend their money. It is absurd. One of the first clients / sectors we are gonna put our platform in front of once tech development is complete in August.
  • Options

Draper at the top, warming up with his Finnish opponent. 
  • Options
    Nice spot, like cricket got to be behind the bowlers arm/servers arm for the best view 
  • Options
    Katie Boulter with a remarkable comeback win over Karolina Pliskova on grass at Eastbourne, even allowing for KP's deteriorating serve, that was a physically and mentally solid display.  Should open up her side of the draw a bit
  • Options
    Went to the Ilkley Trophy last week. Had a great time and good to see some tennis on your doorstep. Did make me miss going to Wimbledon every summer though. 
  • Options
    Murray and Broady both competing at the Hall of Fame Open in Newport, Rhode Island. The only ATP grass court tournament staged outside of Europe.

Broady currently a set and break up in his qualifying match.

Murray is the #6 seed and will play Sam Querrey tomorrow in the first round.
  • Options
    Murray and Broady both competing at the Hall of Fame Open in Newport, Rhode Island. The only ATP grass court tournament staged outside of Europe.

I'm amazed Querrey is still playing.  I don't know how old he is but I'd have thought he'd have retired years ago.
  • Options

I'm amazed Querrey is still playing.  I don't know how old he is but I'd have thought he'd have retired years ago.
    Younger than Murray by 5 months ish.
  • Options
    Current Brit world rankings... (top 200)

Norrie #11
    Evans #35
    Murray #52
    Draper #89
    Peniston #127
    Broady #140
    Clarke #160

Raducanu #10
    Dart #87
    Watson #119
    Boulter #131
    Burrage #143

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Murray won 6-2, 6-0. Broady lost in 3 to Duckworth in the 1st round
  • Options
    Great win for Jack Draper, beating Stefanos Tsitsipas 7-5 7-6 in Canada. He's well inside the top 100 now
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Raducanu beats Serena 6-4 6-0 and Azarenka 6-0 6-2 in Cincinnati. She's seeded 10th and plays 7th seed Pegula later on.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Raducanu beats Serena 6-4 6-0 in Cincinnati.
    In the men's draw, Murray beat Wawrinka in the first round but lost to Cam Norrie in three sets in the second round. Norrie will face wildcard Ben Shelton later today.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Jack Draper into the quarter finals of the Winston Salem Open after beating Thiem in straight sets.

He’s up to world number 52 in live rankings. And would jump ahead of Murray (currently #50) in the world rankings if he were to reach the final.
  • Options
    Well done Harriet Dart 

• Options
    Congrats Harriet!

I see that Murray won in straight sets earlier against the 24th seed. That’s a great result and he’ll face an American wild card in the second round.

Unfortunately Kyle Edmund lost in straight sets to the 5th seed.

Finally, in terms of Brit interest today, Jack Draper should be on court shortly against Finn opponent Emil Ruusuvuori.
  • Options
    I’m going to open a US Open Tennis 2022 thread to keep track of all the matches, not just the Brits.
  • Options
    That was really gutsy from Harriet, having lost the second set 1-6 and gone a break down and 0-2 in the decider.
    Her opponent in the next round is ranked 3 places below her, would be great if she could consolidate this win with another to get to round 3.