Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fifa 22

Comments

• An absolute must, be nice to see him back in a Charlton kit. 
  • shine166 said:

An absolute must, be nice to see him back in a Charlton kit. 
    I'd rather the 85+*10 , annoyed me as thew previous one i did it and held it for a while and accidentally opened it when i was saving it to around now to try and pack a TOTY lol. Just about playing enough games to get the rewards a week, but hopefully i can do most on my phone SBC's.

quaified for champs, which haven't yet used. Too many busy weekends but usually free friday/Sunday so should probably pick one and try do on those two days. 

I have only used 3 attempts the whole fifa to qualify, 3rd time lucky just not putting the hours in at all, bar the odd few games here and there. 

My team is ok, but every team seems to have at least 2/3 Icons now, the odd TOTY too so gets tricky, a couple wins from Division one but will leave it as new season will get back to 4 and work again. 

Team:
    Donnurama
    Robertson/ James (headliner) - Varane - Marquinhos - Hakimi OTW
    Pulicic Fire, KDB, Kante, Ziyech Moments
    Aubey moments, Jiminez signature signings (Beast from corners and scores as much as aubameyang) 

Bench pretty strong: Morientes (rubbish but untradeable) Vlahovic POTM, James, Zaha, Harry Wilson headliner 
  • I'm in Elite, no TOTY or Icons in my squad, currently have a skill rating of 1839, so ranked about 70,000th in total, in the "top 22%" of Elite.

I saved 120 packs up for TOTY, including the 81, 82 and 83 X 25 packs from swaps, a bunch of ultimate and jumbo rare player packs, probably a total of about 3m worth if converted to coins, and all I got was 4 honourable mention cards and a few high rated but crap players like Casemiro, Lukaku and Navas.

I've since crafted about 80 league packs, focussing on Prem and Ligue 1, haven't got anything decent at all. I play every weekend league and pump a lot of hours into the game. My mate is a super casual, opened about 30 packs in total, he's got 4 TOTYs including getting both Dias and Donnarumma in the same pack! EA are absolute arsewipes when it comes to stuff like this though, don't open any packs for a couple of weeks and don't play the game, when you come back to it and open a few packs you'll almost always pack something big, because they're trying to get you to engage with the game again. They claim it's all random etc with the algorithm but it's definitely targeted 

• This what I use. Mbappe is the only untradeable, plays so well. That verratti is so bloody good. I opened 90 packs as well for toty and got nothing of any real significance. 
  • cafc4life said:
    Can someone explain the breakdown of playing online on FUT? How do you progress through leagues etc ?
    I will come back to this tonight @cafc4life Loads of experience in this and now guest on the second biggest FUT podcast out there from time to time, which if you got more into the online mode of playing would be worth listening to. 

Very bizarrely since guesting on the POD I have pulled Pele Icon 95 and Maradona Icon 95. Not complaining, but Twilight Zone music rings in my head…
  • Even the icons I have got from the SBCs have been awful. 

Base Schweinsteiger
    Base Ballack
    Base Zambrotta
    Mid Baresi
    Base Barnes
    Mid Schweinsteiger
    Mid Cannavaro
  • edited February 2022

Tbh all i really do is sbcs and challenges on my way to work, if I manage 5 games a week, I've been lucky. 
  • Champs85 said:

This what I use. Mbappe is the only untradeable, plays so well. That verratti is so bloody good. I opened 90 packs as well for toty and got nothing of any real significance. 
    I enjoyed him for a bit Verrati, but i used to get another card. Cant remember which one but as he was on the bench lol. Nice team, swap Coutinho- Ballack for full chem? 
  • cafc4life said:
    Can someone explain the breakdown of playing online on FUT? How do you progress through leagues etc ?
    I will come back to this tonight @cafc4life Loads of experience in this and now guest on the second biggest FUT podcast out there from time to time, which if you got more into the online mode of playing would be worth listening to. 

Very bizarrely since guesting on the POD I have pulled Pele Icon 95 and Maradona Icon 95. Not complaining, but Twilight Zone music rings in my head…
    OK, so basically you need to work your way up the Leagues from 10 to Elite through winning matches in RIVALS. As you win you will also collect points towards FUT Champions Qualifiers entry, which is qualification comp midweek ahead of a Weekend League only (Friday morning through Monday morning) competition (if you win 4/10 FCQ games). The climb can be a bit of a slog, but if you string back to back wins, your next win will count as a double win, ie 4 rank climbs rather than 3, if you win 3 in a row. Each game year is broken down into seasons of usually 5-6 weeks. After each season has ended the top 5 divisions (I think) get relegated two divisions and have to climb again. So, come this Friday I will drop from Elite down to Div 2 and have to get promoted back up. This is pretty tough as you can face off with any other Elite FIFA player who has also been relegated and so not as easy as it sounds. 

When you have built enough points for FUT Champs qualifiers, as I said above, win 4 from 10 and you can enter the weekend league. This is a 20 game competition over the weekend and if you win at least 8 of those, you get some nice reward packs to open. 

In fact, worth mentioning win 7 Rivals games from Thursday to following Thursday = pack rewards (higher the division better the rewards), qualify for weekend league (more pack rewards) and win at least 8/20 games in weekend league = more rewards.

Squad Battles and FUT Draft are also modes to try but not anywhere near as good as Rivals & FUT Champs.
  • This is my current squad, every player either an SBC or pack pull, no purchased players, as I run a FOC (first owner club) team. I pulled Pele last night and Messi TOTY tonight from a Ligue 1 Premium Upgrade pack. 
  • Sponsored links:

• My team atm, I switch to a 4222 in game take off petit and move cancelo to cdm and bring on potm Davies at LB.

fully untradeable team, first year that I have got lucky with icon packs and toty tbh.

Elite on rivals and usually get 14 wins in fut champs but struggling a bit since the new update, overall enjoyed this fifa the most since fifa 13.
  • edited February 2022
    I’ve tried Ultimate Teams a handful of times over the last few years but not got far.

Just given it another go from scratch. 

Jesus. For the relatively straight forward game FIFA is, Ultimate Team feels like rocket science to understand. So many different moving parts with it all. Baffling.
  • cafctom said:
    I’ve tried Ultimate Teams a handful of times over the last few years but not got far.

Just given it another go from scratch. 

Jesus. For the relatively straight forward game FIFA is, Ultimate Team feels like rocket science to understand. So many different moving parts with it all. Baffling.
    I can see where you are coming from, for years i didn't play Ultimate team but once i got into it now its all i play.
    First try to go through the objectives and do any easy ones to gain xp/packs, do the starter Sqaad battles, again the aim is to play as much as you can to get as many packs as you can etc.

Gradually build up from starter team to a decent team, pick a league or a couple which you want to build around. Chemistry is key, you need to play with 100 chem ideally, gradually then upgrade each position. Personally i feel its harder if you started today than beginning of the season, mainly as alot of people even casual players like myself will have a decent team eg. 87/88 rated full chem. Everyday new objectives appear or SBC to get a player or packs so try to keep an eye on them as sometimes you can get a decent player or might have longer for the ones which are harder to do Aubameyang/ Varane/ Icons.

I literally now just play for 7 wins on rivals and try to complete any objectives, haven't played champs yet but have qualified. If you have time i would recommend qualifying and playing as you can get better rewards (Packs). There are alot of little things in game which you learn as you are going along, like changing your formation to suit the players then going attacking in game which will put them in another formation if you feel its preferred just couldn't get chemistry. 

Squad battles are there for easy challenges really as you can play the computer but against random peoples FUT team and again there are score x amount of goals, or use a prem team/ score this type of goal. Sometimes its easier to do a challenge in squad battles rather than rivals, just check the objective to make sure its rivals or squad battles min rating.
  • edited February 2022
    Thanks - I’ll try and persevere with it. Amazes me though that kids would be able to get to grips with it without finding the whole thing very confusing.

I definitely need a new challenge on FIFA because Career Mode is so unrealistic. I got Charlton promoted out of League 1 and my first signing in the Championship was Jesse Lingard, and our opening game was a 5-5 draw with West Brom….
  • cafctom said:
    Thanks - I’ll try and persevere with it. Amazes me though that kids would be able to get to grips with it without finding the whole thing very confusing.

I definitely need a new challenge on FIFA because Career Mode is so unrealistic. I got Charlton promoted out of League 1 and my first signing in the Championship was Jesse Lingard, and our opening game was a 5-5 draw with West Brom….
    I used to play career mode or play mates mostly, with the odd pro clubs. This year i haven't touched the others, although i dont play often enough, btw they have changed it so now you need to win 4 for lower reward on rivals and 8 on higher. 

Used to love a charlton save and bring in a few of the youngsters or fifa wonderkids and play a few seasons
  • FINALLY packed a TOTY last night, Dias, and Honourable Mention Rudiger in the same pack. That's my Prem defence sorted for a while!
  • sam3110 said:
    FINALLY packed a TOTY last night, Dias, and Honourable Mention Rudiger in the same pack. That's my Prem defence sorted for a while!
    Nice, i packed from todays rewards Foden Honourable mention, well happy with it just need to work out where to put. 

• Mbappé in a Charlton Kit, things you love to see!
  • Is there a way to change the camera to dynamic in co-op mode (when playing offline against someone on the same machine). Tried to change camera but stays on broadcast mode.
  • Available on ps plus next week. Just in case anyone that doesn’t have it, wants it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Available on ps plus next week. Just in case anyone that doesn’t have it, wants it.
    Decent.

I can't be bothered to pay for it. Same shit, different year 

• edited May 2022
    Bit of surprise news today. EA has lost the FIFA license.

Their next game will instead be called 'EA Sports FC'.

FIFA are currently talking to studios to find out who will make FIFA 24. 

Story here: https://kotaku.com/fifa-soccer-ea-games-sports-fc-franchise-pro-evolution-1848905860
  • Chunes said:
    Bit of surprise news today. EA has lost the FIFA license.

Their next game will instead be called 'EA Sports FC'.

FIFA are currently talking to studios to find out who will make FIFA 24. 

Story here: https://kotaku.com/fifa-soccer-ea-games-sports-fc-franchise-pro-evolution-1848905860
    Bet FIFA are going to regret that one... EA still has all the rights to the individual leagues, they've only really lost the name to it. 

FIFA instead are almost going to have to start from the ground up. 
  • Could be a godsend. EA have been churning out the same game for almost a decade.
  • edited May 2022
    Whilst it is just a ‘name’, it is an enormous brand title to lose. Just the familiarity alone is enough to sell copies.

Coca-Cola or McDonalds would struggle to keep the same interest if they had to rebrand, even if they were selling the same product.

To be honest, I think both sides might lose out in the end.
  • Chunes said:
    Could be a godsend. EA have been churning out the same game for almost a decade.
    Can't see how it will change, not in the short-term anyway. EA will churn out the same game under a different title and FIFA will probably make an inferior product. 
  • edited May 2022
    Chunes said:
    Could be a godsend. EA have been churning out the same game for almost a decade.
    Can't see how it will change, not in the short-term anyway. EA will churn out the same game under a different title and FIFA will probably make an inferior product. 
    EA will no doubt churn out the same rubbish but with Pro Evo taking a complete nosedive there's no competiton anymore.

Whichever studio takes on FIFA next is going to have to pay 1 billion for the privilege and I doubt they'll do that unless they were planning to make a success of it. 

It will be great if a few years down the line EA are forced to up their game because they've been taking the piss for ages. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    EA will no doubt churn out the same rubbish but with Pro Evo taking a complete nosedive there's no competiton anymore.

Whichever studio takes on FIFA next is going to have to pay 1 billion for the privilege and I doubt they'll do that unless they were planning to make a success of it. 

It will be great if a few years down the line EA are forced to up their game because they've been taking the piss for ages. 
    Yeah fair do's, if someone does take on the Fifa game it might be alright. I think it's more likely nobody takes it on (especially next couple of years) and EA continue to dominate with their new game. 
  • There's a potential alternative the horizon, called UFL.

Also rumours that 2k want to get involved (their NBA offering is amazing)