Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nigel Adkins - Bromley Addicks - Now 13th October

Comments

• Some Wally leaving his mic on whilst watching/listening to something has stopped the meeting in its tracks! 

Bizarre 
  • sammy391 said:
    Some Wally leaving his mic on whilst watching/listening to something has stopped the meeting in its tracks! 

Bizarre 
    Thanks @Solaraddick !!
  • Clive gave the half-time team talk for the Bolton game.
  • Thanks for organising. Interesting to hear Nigels comments especially his continued changes. Totally agree with him about my youth issue.
  • Clive 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Got there in the end.

The Ronnie question was asked but the answer didn't shed any more light. Before Golfie moans if he's not going to say he's not going to say, we can't force him to say more than "it didn't work out and we wish him luck".
  • Mic Problem aside, a good evening, some tough questioning, thanks for organising!
  • Did he do his ventriloquist act, Scouse Nige and Rocket Ronnie?
  • Sponsored links:

• Be interesting to hear if others feel the same about the interview. 
  • mendonca said:
    Be interesting to hear if others feel the same about the interview. 
    I do!

But I weren't listening to be fair 
  • Seems like you’d made your mind up beforehand @Covered End

Not that I’m particularly a fan I’ll add 
  • I hope the first question is 'Was Ronnie medically unfit or just not uo to the standard of League 1 football'.  Please!
    I'm fully expecting Adkins to adhere to the party line more than previous managers.
    I was right.
    NA avoided answering as many questions as he could.
    He started wasting time and waffling from the kick off.
    He reminded me of one of those really boring people you have to phone and you can put it down and disappear for 5 mins, they don't know and are still waffling, nothing of consequence when you return.
    Talked and talked non stop, but said little of any interest.

He was asked if he knew his best 11 and avoided answering.
    He was asked if he saw Morgan as an attacking or defensive mid and he didn't answer.
    He was asked about Ronnie and he didn't answer.
    He was asked what signed players were his suggestion and he didn't answer.
    He was asked what sort of percentage input he had on transfers and he didn't answer.

Sorry Nigel but that was extremely uninteresting and so very boring.
    Gawd help the players if his team talks are that boring and non motivational.

Thanks to Bromley Addicks for arranging the meeting.
    Not overly wrong, but think the waffle was becasue his hands are tied on many answers.

was never going to give a straight answer on the schwartz situation - and would be unfair to do so!

the transfer policy questions again is too hard to answer as either way he loses out - he either slags off the management team or he says something that he doesn’t agree 100% with- transfer wise he is right to say it’s a group call , how many times will just one person/a minority be correct when comparing to a majority call? 

The Morgan question again had to be diplomatic - can hardly slag the player off especially as he has been trying his best and experimented with! 

Probably doesn’t know his best 11, but again whatever he says will screw him over - if he says no then oppo teams will have a field day and Deans will rightly call for his head, alternatively if he says yes and continues to tinker the above happens.  
  • Seems like you’d made your mind up beforehand @Covered End

Not that I’m particularly a fan I’ll add 
    I thought he wouldn't answer many questions and he didn't.
  • If:

"He was asked if he knew his best 11 and avoided answering.
    He was asked if he saw Morgan as an attacking or defensive mid and he didn't answer.
    He was asked what sort of percentage input he had on transfers and he didn't answer."

Are representative of the kind of questions he was asked, OF COURSE he didn't answer. He'd be a fool if he did. Every single one of those if answered could be reported/spun as a "Gotcha" and made to look him look bad - and he's done enough Q&As in his time that he'll know it. 
  • I hope the first question is 'Was Ronnie medically unfit or just not uo to the standard of League 1 football'.  Please!
    I'm fully expecting Adkins to adhere to the party line more than previous managers.
    I was right.
    He reminded me of one of those really boring people you have to phone and you can put it down and disappear for 5 mins, they don't know and are still waffling, nothing of consequence when you return.

He was asked what sort of percentage input he had on transfers and he didn't answer.

Did you ask Nigel to have a word with TS about the free train travel for me ?
  • T_C_E said:
    Bowyer did me right in the nuts by jumping into my lap mid meeting because I was ignoring him. Had to switch the camera off and get my breath back while laying on the floor. 😂
    Visiting from Birmingham was he?
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    I hope the first question is 'Was Ronnie medically unfit or just not uo to the standard of League 1 football'.  Please!
    I was right.

Yes, he said he couldn't answer after waffling on for 10 mins about being Scunny's physio and being a goalkeeper.

(Actually that waffle about his whole career was when someone asked him about us not having a leader/captain in the team. He talked non stop for ages about his other clubs, goalkeepers, defenders and on and on then in his last breath, he said oh and yes we haven't really got a captain on the field).
  • clb74 said:
    I hope the first question is 'Was Ronnie medically unfit or just not uo to the standard of League 1 football'.  Please!
    I was right.

Yes, he said he couldn't answer after waffling on for 10 mins about being Scunny's physio and being a goalkeeper.

(Actually that waffle about his whole career was when someone asked him about us not having a leader/captain in the team. He talked non stop for ages about his other clubs, goalkeepers, defenders and on and on then in his last breath, he said oh and yes we haven't really got a captain on the field).
    I knew he wouldn't answer any questions,  that's why I didn't make an appearance.
  • T_C_E said:
    Bowyer did me right in the nuts by jumping into my lap mid meeting because I was ignoring him. Had to switch the camera off and get my breath back while laying on the floor. 😂
    Visiting from Birmingham was he?
    Feckin, good job the Mike was muted……… my cries of “Feckin ‘ell Bow” as I shut like a book would have been heard in Birmingham. 
    I was looking at my knee caps very closely 😂
  • T_C_E said:
    That’s a disgraceful way for our former manager to behave. Totally undermining poor Nigel. 

(I really don’t need to add the winky face, do I?)
  • Oh and I'd like to add I'm neither pro nor anti Adkins.
    I've been open minded but not particularly excited and confident, since he was appointed.
    My feelings remain the same and I hope he gets us promoted or to the play offs.
    I'm confident we'll reach mid table at least, either with or without him. 
  • Best manager at a Bromley meeting was Robinson.
  • thenewbie said:
    If:

"He was asked if he knew his best 11 and avoided answering.
    He was asked what sort of percentage input he had on transfers and he didn't answer."

Are representative of the kind of questions he was asked, OF COURSE he didn't answer. He'd be a fool if he did. Every single one of those if answered could be reported/spun as a "Gotcha" and made to look him look bad - and he's done enough Q&As in his time that he'll know it. 
    No point in attending a Q&A of you aren't going to answer the difficult questions. 

Main reason why I didnt bother attending. Too much of a Yes man. 
  • Ok so now we know what questions he didn't answer.........is there anything he did answer?

Anything of interest? 
  • I didn’t attend but it sounds as though the questions needed a moderator. You tend to get the best from speakers at Q&As when the questions encourage anecdotes, the future or football in general. So, questions like “what was your best win at Southampton”, “how do you see Charlton’s youth policy helping in the next five years” or “do you think there are too many international games” will evoke more interesting answers than ones that involve the recent past and multiple decision makers. This is not limited to football, of course, it applies to many interviews with a Q&A format.