Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Cheltenham Town Match Thread 11/09/21

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I dislike Watson but he did play well against Crewe. He seems to struggle against teams who pass and move. Because he can't really move. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Midfield is getting overrun far too easily, Morgan getting run ragged and outplayed, 4231 is not working, get set back to 442 with Lee up with Stockley, Lee has been MOM so far
  • Options
    Crewe are bottom
    #justsaying
  • Options
    This is fucking awful. Big Craig the only player doing anything
  • Options

25' A frustrating opening period for the Addicks, but still plenty of football still to be played this afternoon. Dig in, Charlton. #cafc 0 #ctfc 1
  • Options
    That is really pathetic defending. The guy is picking up a pass in our box in 8 yards of space. 
  • Options
    It only takes one pas for them to walk straight throigh our midfield. Awful from Charlton so far.
  • Options
    1. 25'

Post update

Attempt missed. Ellis Chapman (Cheltenham Town) left footed shot from outside the box is high and wide to the left. Assisted by Callum Wright.

• Options
    Ffs another gimme missed by them 2 or 3vplayers left to pass it about in our box. .straight forward shot saved by our keeper when he should have scored.
  • Options
    28' MacGillivray saves from May's shot inside the box. #cafc 0 #ctfc 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is fcking dog shit.
  • Options
    From that we give it away again
  • Options
    ross1 said:

25' A frustrating opening period for the Addicks, but still plenty of football still to be played this afternoon. Dig in, Charlton. #cafc 0 #ctfc 1
    Frustrating FRUSTRATING.. it’s ‘kin appalling. 
  • Options
    Why does it often feel like we are the worst footballing side in the division. Always feels like every team we come up against pass the ball quicker and better than we do. 

Does not seem to matter who the manager is but we always end up stuck in our corners, where as other teams always seem to have a overlap or plenty of space. 

Maybe I just don't watch enough football. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Which is as close as the official account will ever get to saying "This is shit"
  • Options
    Getting totally outplayed at home to Cheltenham. 
    What the fuck have we been doing for the last two weeks 
  • Options
    Why does it often feel like we are the worst footballing side in the division. Always feels like every team we come up against pass the ball quicker and better than we do. 

Does not seem to matter who the manager is but we always end up stuck in our corners, where as other teams always seem to have a overlap or plenty of space. 

Teams seem to press and pass better than us. I really don't get it. 
  • Options
    The tannoy for RRR was absolute shit, We are going to lose at this rate,
  • Options
    Need to change this. They are in acres of space in our box - we can barely find a red shirt in theirs.
  • Options
    So much negativity. If we keep it tight for another 50 minutes we still might nick a draw. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

30' Break in play while Adam Matthews receives treatment. #cafc 0 #ctfc 1
  • Options
    Midfield is a joke. Stick Dobson on for Morgan. 
  • Options
    Glad I’m at home with a Stella and my dog 
  • Options
    Lacklustre and disjointed. Same problems rearing their head again, not creating anything and teams just cutting through our midfield like it's not there.
  • Options
    31' He'll be fine to continue. #cafc 0 #ctfc 1
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Teams seem to press and pass better than us. I really don't get it. 
    We're a very old team.
  • Options
    Against Crewe we had Washington up front alongside stockley and we looked dangerous.

Stockley is up front by himself again today. Put someone up alongside him and we might look like we can score. 
  • Options
    Christ we are so shit. 
  • Options
    So much negativity. If we keep it tight for another 50 minutes we still might nick a draw. 
    Superb result that…
  • Options
    What did i say Charlton?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!