Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Cheltenham Town Match Thread 11/09/21

Comments

• Options
    Gunter is going to be exhausted. 
    Not great that we're having to flog him on the left side again
  • Options
    I see there's provision for overplayed Mr Gunter being replaced by Pape Souare if things are going to plan.
  • Options
    Innis will end up playing 3rd choice CB if/when fit then.
  • Options
    That’s the team I assumed it would be today (Did not know Innis was injured). Very positive that we will.

Both Washington and Leko will make a difference if we aren’t winning after an hour.
  • Options
    Looks to me like the “managing of Innis’ fitness” hadn’t been so much about stopping him getting injured as stopping an existing injury getting worse. Hopefully whatever is up can be fixed soon. Lavelle looks decent but Innis has been such a weapon for us. 
  • Options
    Clare injured according to NA
  • Options
    Clare injured according to NA
    cheers 
  • Options
    Pretty ok with this line up. No Clare. Predictable that Innis would be out. Pleased Lee starts and bench is strong. Come on Charlton!
  • Options
    Fuck off palace you snotgobling Shitweasel Wankpuffin virgin cuuuuuuuuuuuunts 
    Was loving their winless streak, specially with viera’s football apparently looking very low standard…

but you know it’s back to “getting into Europe/best young manager in football/biggest team in London” now 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Sounds like a good set up with Lee playing just behind Stockley in a 4231 set up, lots of good back up from the bench, so all should be good for todays game...COYR get us a good win eh
  • Options
    Can you watch Charlton TV on your phone? 
  • Options
    Surprised how empty the train is, as there's a reduced frequency today with no Thameslink trains through Charlton
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Can you watch Charlton TV on your phone? 
    Yes but you have to use the app
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Fuck off palace you snotgobling Shitweasel Wankpuffin virgin cuuuuuuuuuuuunts 
    Was loving their winless streak, specially with viera’s football apparently looking very low standard…

but you know it’s back to “getting into Europe/best young manager in football/biggest team in London” now 😂
    Édouard could prove to be the best Prem League signing of the close season
  • Options
    At least fans now know why you have a squad.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Charlton:
    MacGillivray, Gunter, Famewo, Jaiyesimi, Stockley (c), Morgan, Lavelle, Matthews, Lee, Kirk, Watson

Subs: Harness, Dobson, Pearce, Washington, Blackett-Taylor, Leko, Souare
    So 

MacGillivray
    Matthews - Lavelle - Famewo - Gunter
    Watson - Morgan
    Jaiyesimi - Lee - Kirk
    Stockley

I was sure Souare would be in. 
    Interestingly Fotmob says 4-4-2 

Lee alongside Stockley
  • Options
    Palace are still paying a portion of Ryan's salary. I'd imagine he's going to have to take a big paycut when his current deal runs out. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Charlton:
    MacGillivray, Gunter, Famewo, Jaiyesimi, Stockley (c), Morgan, Lavelle, Matthews, Lee, Kirk, Watson

So 

MacGillivray
    Watson - Morgan
    Jaiyesimi - Lee - Kirk
    Stockley

Lee alongside Stockley
    Well Lee can play as a forward, as well as a number 10
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Charlton:

So 

MacGillivray
    Watson - Morgan
    Jaiyesimi - Lee - Kirk
    Stockley

Lee alongside Stockley
    hope he is alongside ready for the knock downs and flick ons and not yards behind stuck in midfield
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just seen Pearce catch Kirk in the warm up.
    Hopefully he will be ok ! 
  • Options
    1st game for a while, already spotted @cabbles and his mother’s aunt’s neighbour’s uncle’s kid outside the club shop…must be a lucky omen….
  • Options
    Looks to me like the “managing of Innis’ fitness” hadn’t been so much about stopping him getting injured as stopping an existing injury getting worse. Hopefully whatever is up can be fixed soon. Lavelle looks decent but Innis has been such a weapon for us. 
    We were managing his fitness before the season even started!
  • Options
    Where did this myth that Pearce and Watson were "emergency use only" come from. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Watching the re-run of the Crawley game,and must say very impressive goals and the creative side, particularly Lee, we've needed that type of finisher for a while, also Davison, all well taken, so lots to look forward to
  • Options
    Striking thing about TS’s photos are his 100% genuine smile. Long may it continue!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Where did this myth that Pearce and Watson were "emergency use only" come from. 
    Because both the players & NA said this at the time they signed
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Palace are still paying a portion of Ryan's salary. I'd imagine he's going to have to take a big paycut when his current deal runs out. 
    I wouldn't think so seeing as he signed for us on a 3 year contract. Nothing to do with Palace now.
  • Options
    Sandgaard's choon sounds decent at 14.50 :) 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Chunes said:
    I wouldn't think so seeing as he signed for us on a 3 year contract. Nothing to do with Palace now.
    I didn't make it up, that came from Steve Gallen. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!