Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Cheltenham Town Match Thread 11/09/21

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2021
    This is not quite as bad as some of you are making out. It ain’t great though. 

Watson and Morgan need help in there. Cheltenham are spreading the okay well and they just have too much ground to cover. We’ve got two players covering half of the pitch on their own. 
  • Options
    No idea and no shape it’s like we’ve never met 

absolutely clueless 
  • Options
    Gunter again. Midfield again. Adkins football again. This lot are fucking shit
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Well well well. This could get ugly. 
  • Options
    0-2
  • Options
    what an absolute shitshow
  • Options
    It’s comical how bad our midfield is. 

An Ageing Harry Arter isn’t going to
    change the fact that we need some energy/pace.

I can’t see us doing much this season I’ll be honest.
  • Options
    Will this be our worst ever home loss in the league?
  • Options
    Team of strangers 
  • Options
    To easy lop forward wins header knocks it wide cross finish 2 down
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And yet the preview was full of 3-1 / 3-0 / 4-1 predictions.

Its like the players looked at it and thought they needed to do something to bring everyone back down to earth. 

It’s not just us - football fans are fickle characters. A few signings in the couple of days before deadline and we are no longer shit but promotion worthy.

Whatever happens today clearly there is a lot still to do.
  • Options
    To me this is a simple case of one saying looking organised and trying to play football and the other side lacking any shape or togetherness
  • Options
    To easy lop forward wins header knocks it wide cross finish 2 down
    And in English??
  • Options

32' Perry stretches to finish from close range following a cross from the right. #cafc 0 #ctfc 2
  • Options
    Get Gunter and Watson off and never ever play them again. They are not playing badly.  They are taking the piss and not interested.
  • Options
    And people were saying this was a fantastic squad with a great transfer window. Boggles the mind. 
  • Options
     Cheltenham are far better than us and deserve the two,
  • Options
    We're so easy to negate. Play a high line and press because Stockley isn't running in behind so no danger there. Defend wide and stop the cross coming in. We've got nothing. 
  • Options
    And yet the preview was full of 3-1 / 3-0 / 4-1 predictions.

Its like the players looked at it and thought they needed to do something to bring everyone back down to earth. 

It’s not just us - football fans are fickle characters. A few signings in the couple of days before deadline and we are no longer shit but promotion worthy.

Whatever happens today clearly there is a lot still to do.
    A LOT TO DO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its ok. Just wait until we being in some players...

That's what I've keep on being told. 

• Options
    I hate watching Chris Gunter play football.

Sure he’s a lovely guy but I just don’t want to see him in a Charlton shirt past this season. Horrible footballer.
  • Options
    Oh my fucking god….
  • Options

Watson and Morgan need done help in their. Cheltenham are spreading the okay well and they just have too much ground to cover. We’ve got two players covering half of the pitch on their own. 
    In fairness it's worse than some are making it. 
  • Options
    Kirk jogging and ball watching their, leaving Gunter to mark two players. If you’re going to pick a side with this many attack minded players, they have to be willing to work hard going backwards as well as forwards. 
  • Options
    2-0 good night
  • Options
    This is ‘kin embarrassing. They’re playing like they’ve just me for the first time. Watson and Morgan … don’t know what to say. Gunter … his head must still be on internal duty. We have done NOTHING. Am I angry with this performance… you bet I am 
  • Options
    1. 34'

Post update

Hand ball by Alfie May (Cheltenham Town).

• Options
    what a load of shit midfield crap wingers shit Gunter shit
  • Options

Watson and Morgan need done help in their. Cheltenham are spreading the okay well and they just have too much ground to cover. We’ve got two players covering half of the pitch on their own. 
    The fuck are you watching? Could be 3/4 nil and we haven't had a shot on target
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!