Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What’s with the reduced interest?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    The win has certainly helped.

Don't look back, look forward
    I think the fact most of the team are new, doesn’t help with the bond. For example, the only starter from pre behind close door football was Matthews. So it’s basically a whole new team we are supporting. Haven’t been able to build a bond with any of them yet. 

Just the way it is.

The revolving door of players coming in and going.

We are a damaged club. Hopefully we are now within the process of repairing the damage. A long term solution awaits? Let's f"cking hope so.

Gallen, get the guitar 
  • Options
    We need a few leaders on the pitch to get the fans going. 
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see what the crowd is tonight. 
  • Options
    I'm going tonight with my daughter. Watching Charlton TV kept us going through the lockdown. We won't make many aways because of cost/work, but we'll try to get to some. It's become something we do and while the quality of the football is often terrible, that's not really why we are doing it. When you're stressed through dealing with idiots at work, shouting at a different bunch of idiots at work (particularly referees and linos) is quite liberating. Today's my first day back at work so we agreed to come because I'll be stressed. Chips on the way down, pint at the River Ale House on the way home, and hopefully the bit in between won't be crap.

I'm paying less attention to football in general, but probably more to Charlton. Hoping that the team gel and not all are a bit meh. We like some of the players (we don't always agree) but they don't feel like a team yet. I hope that changes. 

• Options
    Unsure if people were on holiday or sat somewhere else, but on Saturday I bought the last 3 seats available of a row in ESG, yet there was 5 of us in that row for the game. Not sure where the other 20 or so people were. 
  • Options
    Unsure if people were on holiday or sat somewhere else, but on Saturday I bought the last 3 seats available of a row in ESG, yet there was 5 of us in that row for the game. Not sure where the other 20 or so people were. 
    That's easy. Centre blocks D and E.
  • Options
    For me I’ve been absolutely buzzing since the news grounds were reopening and my enthusiasm  has warned deposited some of the indifferent result 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Covid, summer holidays and a shit start to the season, im sure covers 95% of those not turning up. Pick up a few more wins and I doubt we'll see many more weekend attendances lower than Saturday was. 
  • Options
    tiny and will be no reflection on anything
  • Options
    We'll theyve only opened the west stand, so even the club have zero expectations.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    We'll theyve only opened the west stand, so even the club have zero expectations.
    tiny and will be no reflection on anything else
    Agreed on both. For me Will be interesting to see if it lower than last time we played in it and fans were allowed in. 

I am going as I class it as a first team home match. Although. It is a total joke competition I hate missing any home games. 

My interest hasn’t really changed, I have readjusted my expectations to be more realistic. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    rananegra said:
    I'm going tonight with my daughter. Watching Charlton TV kept us going through the lockdown. We won't make many aways because of cost/work, but we'll try to get to some. It's become something we do and while the quality of the football is often terrible, that's not really why we are doing it. When you're stressed through dealing with idiots at work, shouting at a different bunch of idiots at work (particularly referees and linos) is quite liberating. Today's my first day back at work so we agreed to come because I'll be stressed. Chips on the way down, pint at the River Ale House on the way home, and hopefully the bit in between won't be crap.

This was pretty much me and one of my daughters for several years. When Roland sacked Powell we decided not to renew our STs and stopped going at the end of that season. I’ve been to about ten games since. Now my daughter has moved on with her life, which pretty much explains why I don’t go. It’s not lack of interest. It’s just not a great experience on your own for five hours. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    rananegra said:

This was pretty much me and one of my daughters for several years. When Roland sacked Powell we decided not to renew our STs and stopped going at the end of that season. I’ve been to about ten games since. Now my daughter has moved on with her life, which pretty much explains why I don’t go. It’s not lack of interest. It’s just not a great experience on your own for five hours. 
    I can empathise with that post in terms of being 'on your own for five hours.'