Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oxford United v Charlton Athletic | Saturday 14th August | Match Preview

Comments

• Leaburn and Nelson on Charlton TV for Saturday. 
  • Leaburn and Nelson on Charlton TV for Saturday. 
    The strike partnership from my first years with a season ticket and going on my own.
  • Could do with them up front.
  • Could do with them up front.
    You'll be buzzing when they turn up in full-kit with the tiny Grealish-esque shin pads on and TS announces their signing just before kick-off 
  • am i missing something or can you not purchase the oxford match to watch on charlton tv? will i be able to do so when i'm in Spain tomorrow ? Did i see somwhere you can also watch it on utube or is that just the build up ?
  • DOUCHER said:
    am i missing something or can you not purchase the oxford match to watch on charlton tv? will i be able to do so when i'm in Spain tomorrow ? Did i see somwhere you can also watch it on utube or is that just the build up ?
    Build up on YouTube for free.

Live coverage abroad (though might not be all countries).

• The way we set ourselves up, we’re going to be difficult to break down. We will create a few chances, of that I have no doubt. But let’s just hope Morgan has his scoring boots on rather than couldn’t hit a cows arse with a banjo boots on. Hope he plays Kirk, he could be the difference. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    We probably need to calm a bit about Kirk. Might well take him time to settle, might make a few mistakes and disappoint at first. We as fans are so jumpy could see him being given stick if he doesn’t hit the ground running. 
    Given everything that’s gone on in his personal life, I don’t expect to see him involved in either this weekend’s game, or midweek against MK.

Wouldn’t be shocked if he makes his debut off the bench against Wigan and then starts against Crewe.

His situation is well publicised at this point so I’d like to think he’s going to get a lot of slack from the supporters. He’s picked the right club to join at this point in his career and in his life.
    He says in his interview with Olly that he wants to be involved this weekend which is fantastic.

Kirk coming off the bench and scoring the winner? Yes please.
  • DOUCHER said:
    am i missing something or can you not purchase the oxford match to watch on charlton tv? will i be able to do so when i'm in Spain tomorrow ? Did i see somwhere you can also watch it on utube or is that just the build up ?
    Just the build up. But the game can be purchased and watched in Spain.
  • Am feeling strangely confident about this one. Reckon we'll give them a lesson. 0-3 DJ, Stockley and Clare on the score sheet.
    Would be nice to see a little cameo from Kirk, but maybe it's best not to rush him in, all things considered. COYA
  • 0-1. Clare 
  • 0-0. Another excellent defensive performance but still lacking in the final third. 
  • 1-3. We show we can win the league 
  • I reckon we'll win this one. Just as the naysayers were sharpening their knives after the first 2 matches, along comes Kirk the saviour & all is well again. 0 -1 smash & grab as Oxford have 10 shots to our 2.
  • Going to stick with 1-1 in the preview after going with 0-0 last week.
    Still feels like a set piece goal for us and a mistake for their goal.

There were some good signs in 2nd half last week as we tried to play at a faster tempo. The dynamic and relationships on the field will and has to improve when we move forward with crisp forward passing and running with and without the ball.

We are more set up as an away side with the 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 which Nadkins appears to favour over the 4-4-2 which I would definitely prefer at home.

• Sponsored links:

• 0-3. 
    All clicks for a comfortable win.
  • AndyG said:
    I reckon we'll win this one. Just as the naysayers were sharpening their knives after the first 2 matches, along comes Kirk the saviour & all is well again. 0 -1 smash & grab as Oxford have 10 shots to our 2.
    Ok now I'm worried !!!! Who are you what have you done with Golfie ? 
    Somebody has obviously got hold of his Charlton life login details. 
  • 1-1 Spockley header puts us 1 up only to let in an equaliser around the 70th minute.
  • I’ve never seen us win at Oxford and I’m going to the game…. Confident we’ll open our account but afraid it’ll end up 1-1
  • The Kirk signing has given everyone a much needed lift and alrhough we still need more players it is a start. Oxford will be right up there rhis season again and any result would be positice. 1-1
  • Going for a 1-2 win,
    Looking forward to the pre match show with Leaburn and Nelson, but what an anti climax when, 5 minutes before kick off it's byeeee.. we're off  :(
  • edited August 2021
    Croydon said:
    RedChaser said:
    Will be playing in new black & white away strip tomorrow according to OS;

Red and yellow are very similar tbf
    Yeh, but red is the home kit and the away strip is what it says plus they wouldn’t sell many if they only wore it when there was a proper kit clash. In the words of Tommy Steele “Fings ain’t what they used to be” 😉

I’ve always liked our second strip predominantly white shirts and black shorts because that’s what we won our one and only major competition in when we took cup competitions seriously 😯.