Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ted Lasso

Comments

• Options
    Was a bit weird them putting out the Christmas special in August. Maybe turned the cheese level up a tad too high in the latest episode. 
    Agreed. Found it far too much this latest Ep 
  • Options
    5 episodes in the first series and really enjoying it. My missus loves it. Obvious cheese but it’s beautifully written at times. Glad a went past the first episode.
  • Options
    Think it's a fantastic series. Very clever and some really funny parts. Roy Kent is very funny!! Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the series goes. 
  • Options
    Another slightly far fetched episode but I love it. Nate is my favourite.
  • Options
    A big improvement on the Christmas episode. 
  • Options
    A big improvement on the Christmas episode. 
    Nice little twist as well.
  • Options
    I loved season 1 and just about to start season 2. This is just so a sleeper of a show. Hope season 2 is as catching as season 1. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Watched season one a while back and have been watching season two since it came out. Just finished the latest episode. Think it’s very good and the humour is great too along with the meanings behind the storylines. Good TV show
  • Options
    Was a bit weird them putting out the Christmas special in August. Maybe turned the cheese level up a tad too high in the latest episode. 
    Never understood the issue with this. I don’t go to the moon to watch Apollo 13. 
  • Options
    Season 2 finale out tomorrow. Up to date on it all now and have loved it so far. A lot darker this season but funny as season 1 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Done the first 8 of season 1. It is definitely good but I haven't made my mind up on how good yet. 
  • Options
    Halfway through season 2. I'm not even sure I like it, but I can't stop watching it!!
  • Options
    Just finished the second series. I think I t’s pretty good.
    I think they’ve done well to minimise the amount of football going on - I always cringe when actors pretend to play football - it must be the most impossible thing to fake convincingly. They still show some on pitch bits every so often, but it’s more about the people than the game.
    I won’t give anything away, but the development of some of the supporting characters is really interesting (one character’s arc in particular).
    Enjoyable show. You have to take it with a pinch of salt, the depiction of fans and certain football characters is a bit silly, but it’s got some good feel good moments, some funny bits, some sad bits and some of it is hard to watch.
    It’s not the most profound show ever, but I enjoyed it, I found myself rooting for Ted and I’m looking forward to season 3. 🙂
  • Options
    Thought it was an excellent series and a great finale for series 2
  • Options
    Liked season 1, loved season 2

I think Roy Kent may be the greatest TV character in the last decade
  • Options
    Liked season 1, loved season 2

I think Roy Kent may be the greatest TV character in the last decade

• Options
    I liked season one better but still enjoyed season two. Thought it got a bit daft in the middle of the season but recovered by the end. It had the Missus blubbing in a few places. Not sure I find the new bad guy entirely convincing but we’ll see what they do with him next season. As others have said, not one to think too hard about the plausibility or realism of but enjoyable if you just go with it. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Just started watching this.

Really enjoying it. Highly recommended.
  • Options
    Would say it’s more of an ‘entertainment’ programme rather than a comedy! 

Hate the amount Crystal Palace appear- but presume it was the only way they’d let them use the stadium- just a shame everything in the show is ‘those colours’!!

not awful however , binged it a little this weekends however 
  • Options
    It's OK and watchable, but has transmorphed into The Walton's
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Finally watched the free episodes (the first 2) and really enjoyed it. Great cast and excellent scriptwriting. And any day I see Chris Powell in my living room is a good day.
  • Options
    I found out yesterday that Jason Sudeikis who plays Ted is dating Keeley Hazell (page 3 bird). 
  • Options
    I really enjoyed S1 once I got the measure of it. Apart from the stripey element. I can’t get over it. Good to hear S2 is worth the watch. Will have to nick it though (as I did S1)  I just can’t get my head around Apple’s business model for this. You pay to subscribe, and then you pay again to subscribe to a particular series? Sorry?
  • Options
    I really enjoyed S1 once I got the measure of it. Apart from the stripey element. I can’t get over it. Good to hear S2 is worth the watch. Will have to nick it though (as I did S1)  I just can’t get my head around Apple’s business model for this. You pay to subscribe, and then you pay again to subscribe to a particular series? Sorry?
    Unless it’s recently changed - I don’t think that’s the case. Certainly when I subscribed to Apple, Ted Lasso was included with the subscription.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    I found out yesterday that Jason Sudeikis who plays Ted is dating Keeley Hazell (page 3 bird). 
    She also plays Bex in Ted Lasso.
  • Options
    Saw this thread pop up for the first time and thought Sangaard might have signed him as coach for a second 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Saw this thread pop up for the first time and thought Sangaard might have signed him as coach for a second 
     You just know it'd be us that tried with a Lasso type.
  • Options
    Late to the party with this series, but having a couple of days off work, I decided to binge watch the first 2 seasons (currently up to the semi final V's City). Really enjoying it, but Chris Powell's wooden performances have taken him down (a very small) peg in my estimations
  • Options
    Late to the party with this series, but having a couple of days off work, I decided to binge watch the first 2 seasons (currently up to the semi final V's City). Really enjoying it, but Chris Powell's wooden performances have taken him down (a very small) peg in my estimations
    Any detrimental comment about SCP  on CL will involve ritual castration...
    Be careful Tango.
  • Options
    Watched season 1&2 when they was aired just watched first one on season 3 got to be honest it's lost it's appeal but I will keep watching it hopefully I will get back into it