Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oxford United [A] Match tickets to go on sale

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Bought mine this morning (975 left when i did) as this is like a home match to me, hopefully pick it up tomorrow night as i don't trust the post getting it to me on time.
    So we had sold 742 out of 1,717 at that time. Not certain this will sell out which surprises me somewhat. 
    J BLOCK said:
    se9addick said:
    Bought mine this morning (975 left when i did) as this is like a home match to me, hopefully pick it up tomorrow night as i don't trust the post getting it to me on time.
    So we had sold 742 out of 1,717 at that time. Not certain this will sell out which surprises me somewhat. 
    Very surprised by the lack of interest in this. 
    J BLOCK said:
    se9addick said:
    Very surprised by the lack of interest in this. 
    Me too, i was worried i was going to miss out.
    I suspect the reason for the slow sales for this match so far has been where the phases had been set at. Today should see the bulk of the remaining tickets sold, if not all, as a big chunk of the fan base now starts to qualify to purchase. 
  • Options
    General sale on Wednesday i believe, so i guess there will be a few takers then.
  • Options
    I imagine we'll sell at least a few hundred more. Covid, school holidays and the fact it's a 3 hour journey one way (despite being one of the nearer away grounds this season) are probably impacting sales. 
    “3 hours one way”, on foot maybe, it’s only about 50 miles?!
  • Options
    Do we normally take over 1700 away to Oxford?
  • Options
    A quick google says we took 1,800 in the season 18/19. 
    Must say i thought these tickets would go like hotcakes, first away game in 18 months which is local ish, trains cheap etc. Not fully sure the reason behind the slow sales, unnecessary phases? Or some put off by being in a packed away crowd because of Covid
  • Options
    A quick google says we took 1,800 in the season 18/19. 
    Must say i thought these tickets would go like hotcakes, first away game in 18 months which is local ish, trains cheap etc. Not fully sure the reason behind the slow sales, unnecessary phases? Or some put off by being in a packed away crowd because of Covid

Apart from the result that was a really good day out and noisy enough from our section to be a home game. Plenty of nice pubs in and around Oxford, the weather was good that day so even a stroll away from the ground soon found another pub where a couple of refreshments while we waited for a cab to pick us up was worthwhile doing. 
  • Options
    @DA9 looks like it might have been fixed now so worth trying again 
    All sorted, cheers 
  • Options
    Should be around 500-700 left for general sale phase 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One return train ticket for sale @ £10
    On general sale and loyalty points not required. Can deliver.
  • Options
    I imagine we'll sell at least a few hundred more. Covid, school holidays and the fact it's a 3 hour journey one way (despite being one of the nearer away grounds this season) are probably impacting sales. 
    Still think it's poor. Under 2k tickets for the first away of the season, and it's fairly local in comparison to other aways. Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come on our travels this season.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Still think it's poor. Under 2k tickets for the first away of the season, and it's fairly local in comparison to other aways. Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come on our travels this season.
    The time to say it’s ‘poor’ is probably after enough people have had a chance to buy the tickets. 2pm sees those fans with 230 points get the opportunity  to do so which will be around 10k Charlton fans. I suspect my points total can’t be right because it only covered the two season’s STs which meant 9am today. Others are possibly in the same position and if they wanted to buy tickets next to a group of mates they would have to wait until their group can buy together 

• Options
    One return train ticket for sale @ £10
    On general sale and loyalty points not required. Can deliver.
    Come on Oggy, buy it just for the hell of it  ;)
  • Options
    Just got my two . The woman said she thought they would sell out by Wednesday 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I think the restrictions were way too complicated and cautious, especially in the timescale, but the club hasn’t had to think about away turnout for 18 months and to some extent we are in uncharted territory. It was probably wise to err on the side of caution. It was always going to sell out and will IMO.
  • Options
    Phase 9 underway, 820 tickets remaining.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    The time to say it’s ‘poor’ is probably after enough people have had a chance to buy the tickets. 2pm sees those fans with 230 points get the opportunity  to do so which will be around 10k Charlton fans. I suspect my points total can’t be right because it only covered the two season’s STs which meant 9am today. Others are possibly in the same position and if they wanted to buy tickets next to a group of mates they would have to wait until their group can buy together 

I have tried to buy but don't have enough points despite buying two home tickets already. I bought every game on Charlton TV so not sure how I am supposed to get the necessary points. I'll just buy them tomorrow.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I have tried to buy but don't have enough points despite buying two home tickets already. I bought every game on Charlton TV so not sure how I am supposed to get the necessary points. I'll just buy them tomorrow.
    They’ll still be plenty left tomorrow morning 
  • Options
    edited August 2021

Croydon said:

Loyalty Point Imagehttps://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/loyalty-points-explained
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Croydon said:

Were points awarded/being counted for Charlton TV purchases last season? I thought your points this year were your 2019/20 total + any points earned this year (might be wrong though). 

Either way you’ll be fine, don’t think this will sell out now.
  • Options
    I'm not worried. I thought I had quite a few points in 19/20 but hey ho, I am not expecting great difficulty getting tickets.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Croydon said:

We’re points awarded/being counted for Charlton TV purchases last season? I thought your points this year were your 2019/20 total + any points earned this year (might be wrong though). 

Either way you’ll be fine, don’t think this will sell out now.
    Watching Charlton TV does not award loyalty points, thank god.
  • Options
    It was the only way to watch us last season for the most part.
  • Options
    Not going as don’t want to catch Covid even though double vac! Off to Spain the following week 
  • Options
    It was the only way to watch us last season for the most part.
    No one got any loyalty points last season 
  • Options
    766 left at the mo
  • Options
    When's general sale?
  • Options
    Tomorrow from 9.30
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    When's general sale?
    From 9.30 am tomorrow