Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oxford United [A] Match tickets to go on sale

Comments

• edited August 2021
    Think the slower ticket sales are a sign of pandemic anxiety with a portion of our support. Its pot luck who you sit next to at an away game and with everybody crammed into to a small section of a stand, you might be reluctant, especially if you want to wear a mask and sit with other mask wearers. That isn't so much of an issue at home games where you probably know what to expect and have a degree of control over your matchday experience. 

This alongside the usual August quirks, people on holidays, schools out etc... and yet another thing is we have a lot of local away games bunched together in August and Sept: Oxford, MK Dons, Wycombe, Gills, so people are being more choosy about which game to attend I think. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Think the slower ticket sales are a sign of pandemic anxiety with a portion of our support. Its pot luck who you sit next to at an away game and with everybody crammed into to a small section of a stand, you might be reluctant, especially if you want to wear a mask and sit with other mask wearers. That isn't so much of an issue at home games where you probably know what to expect and have a degree of control over your matchday experience. 

This alongside the usual August quirks, people on holidays, schools out etc... and yet another thing is we have a lot of local away games bunched together in August and Sept: Oxford, MK Dons, Wycombe, Gills, so people are being more choosy about which game to attend I think. 
    How many fans did you see wearing a mask yesterday?
    I didn't see anyone, apart from Richard Murray in a photo.
  • I saw a couple wearing masks in the AC Stand but that was it, literally a couple.
  • Phase 8 to start very soon, 1,020 tickets remaining.
  • It's about time they put the MKD tickets on sale as well
  • Anybody else having trouble buying a ticket online this morning with their ‘460’ points ?
  • It's about time they put the MKD tickets on sale as well
    MK Dons only put tickets on sale to home supporters on Saturday, i would expect away tickets to go on sale sometime tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Having trouble buying, I’ve got 460 loyalty points, went online at 09:30 when I can buy, added a friends little sister under friends and family as an assigned owner and she’s under 18, it’s telling me I have exceeded ticket limits (1?) and must assign other owners to resolve it, I only want the one ticket aaaagggghhh
  • Anybody else having trouble buying a ticket online this morning with their ‘460’ points ?
    Yep, see above 
  • Don’t know if @Ollywozere can help?
  • DA9 said:
    Having trouble buying, I’ve got 460 loyalty points, went online at 09:30 when I can buy, added a friends little sister under friends and family as an assigned owner and she’s under 18, it’s telling me I have exceeded ticket limits (1?) and must assign other owners to resolve it, I only want the one ticket aaaagggghhh
    Is the one ticket for your friend's sister?
  • Belv said:
    DA9 said:
    Having trouble buying, I’ve got 460 loyalty points, went online at 09:30 when I can buy, added a friends little sister under friends and family as an assigned owner and she’s under 18, it’s telling me I have exceeded ticket limits (1?) and must assign other owners to resolve it, I only want the one ticket aaaagggghhh
    Yes, but thought that might be the problem, but added just the 1 ticket to me, still the same issue 
  • DA9 said:
    Belv said:
    DA9 said:
    Yes, but thought that might be the problem, but added just the 1 ticket to me, still the same issue 
    At a guess, I'd say it's because you're an adult trying to buying a concession ticket?
  • Belv said:
    DA9 said:
    Belv said:
    DA9 said:
    At a guess, I'd say it's because you're an adult trying to buying a concession ticket?
    I get the logic with that, as I assumed it myself, but the system has her DOB, and it allows you to do that as long as they are assigned on your account.
    Anyways, as I said, I took her ticket out and added an adult ticket just for me to test that theory, but it’s still the same issue 
  • DA9 said:
    Belv said:
    DA9 said:
    Belv said:
    DA9 said:
    I get the logic with that, as I assumed it myself, but the system has her DOB, and it allows you to do that as long as they are assigned on your account.
    Anyways, as I said, I took her ticket out and added an adult ticket just for me to test that theory, but it’s still the same issue 
    At a loss then, sorry mate. Maybe give them a call. I have seen others on Twitter having issues so might be something across the board.
  • Belv said:
    DA9 said:
    Belv said:
    DA9 said:
    Belv said:
    DA9 said:
    At a loss then, sorry mate. Maybe give them a call. I have seen others on Twitter having issues so might be something across the board.
    Cheers, ticket office lines not open until 1pm
  • @DA9 looks like it might have been fixed now so worth trying again 
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

Had exactly the same problem adding my son, now working okay, just got my tickets.

• Not going to Oxford as I am away and have been there last 4 occasions, but it’s so nice to know who we are playing at the weekend even on the Monday. Last season didn’t really care who were playing until the Friday when I paid for the game on Valley Pass.
  • Bought mine this morning (975 left when i did) as this is like a home match to me, hopefully pick it up tomorrow night as i don't trust the post getting it to me on time.
  • Bought mine this morning (975 left when i did) as this is like a home match to me, hopefully pick it up tomorrow night as i don't trust the post getting it to me on time.
    So we had sold 742 out of 1,717 at that time. Not certain this will sell out which surprises me somewhat. 
  • clive said:
    It's about time they put the MKD tickets on sale as well
    MK Dons only put tickets on sale to home supporters on Saturday, i would expect away tickets to go on sale sometime tomorrow.
    Thanks. I imagine MKD will go on open sale or with far fewer points thresholds, as capacity won't be an issue!
  • se9addick said:
    Bought mine this morning (975 left when i did) as this is like a home match to me, hopefully pick it up tomorrow night as i don't trust the post getting it to me on time.
    So we had sold 742 out of 1,717 at that time. Not certain this will sell out which surprises me somewhat. 
    Very surprised by the lack of interest in this. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    se9addick said:
    Bought mine this morning (975 left when i did) as this is like a home match to me, hopefully pick it up tomorrow night as i don't trust the post getting it to me on time.
    Very surprised by the lack of interest in this. 
    Me too, i was worried i was going to miss out.
  • I imagine we'll sell at least a few hundred more. Covid, school holidays and the fact it's a 3 hour journey one way (despite being one of the nearer away grounds this season) are probably impacting sales. 
  • Won't work for me online either . 
  • I imagine we'll sell at least a few hundred more. Covid, school holidays and the fact it's a 3 hour journey one way (despite being one of the nearer away grounds this season) are probably impacting sales. 
    ?