Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Those early bird season ticket 'benefits' - 2022-23 season discussion from p8

Comments

• Surely could've had it all setup and ready to print then added in the extra pages with the new signings and printed it this week. 

What's the point in a handbook which doesn't feature anything about 6-7 new players? Would people really have minded waiting until the Cheltenham game to get it?
  • It would have been quicker, far cheaper and potentially revenue generating to have made it available for collection on a voucher scheme from the shop on non matchdays and another facility on matchdays. They could also have saved on printing costs, because take-up would have been much lower.
  • It’s a fair point on print and postage costs.

We have a family based support. We had three separate ones arrive at our house yesterday. It won’t be unusual that three or four packages are dropping on people’s doorsteps when in reality we only really need one. They have a bit of weight to them so no idea on postage costs, but for 9,000+ of them that won’t bring any return (ie. it’s not a sales brochure), it must be a fair overhead. 
  • edited September 2021
    It’s a fair point on print and postage costs.

We have a family based support. We had three separate ones arrive at our house yesterday. It won’t be unusual that three or four packages are dropping on people’s doorsteps when in reality we only really need one. They have a bit of weight to them so no idea on postage costs, but for 9,000+ of them that won’t bring any return (ie. it’s not a sales brochure), it must be a fair overhead. 
    Not sure it’s 9,000 as I think it was early sales only but the total external cost is probably circa £15k.
  • Surely could've had it all setup and ready to print then added in the extra pages with the new signings and printed it this week. 

What's the point in a handbook which doesn't feature anything about 6-7 new players? Would people really have minded waiting until the Cheltenham game to get it?
    I don't think anyone would have minded. It made no difference to me in terms of buying my season ticket, but it was the club who stated it as a feature of the early bird dealine you would get a handbook before the season started (along with all the added benefits)
  • Still not received mine, when I do it'll be going straight in the recycling as it's hopelessly out of date.

What a complete waste of everyone's time that was, much like all the other incentives really.
  • Handbooks are outdated every season, should wait until September to release it. 
  • Still waiting for mine.
  • Will some of these ideas get fed back via the fans forum?
  • Sponsored links:

• Received 3 packs in the post yesterday to the season ticket Holders in my house, looking very much like handbooks inside - then forgot about them - that’s how exited I am about reading them - one for the stato”s I guess 
  • Do we really need to know when each individual  receives the handbooks?
  • edited September 2021
    Belv said:
    Still not received mine, when I do it'll be going straight in the recycling as it's hopelessly out of date.

What a complete waste of everyone's time that was, much like all the other incentives really.
    You say that, having received one I had a flick through and towards the back there was a memory Lane and a stat bank that I really enjoyed. Worth a look before you recycle?!? 
  • clb74 said:
    Do we really need to know when each individual  receives the handbooks?
    I haven't received mine. 
  • clb74 said:
    No we don't. Got our 2 yesterday  :D
  • I've not received one.
  • Off_it said:
    I've not received one.
    Same here , prolly for the same reason 
  • Still waiting for mine.
    Sounds like AFKABartram has a few knocking around his place. 

Ask him for one.  

• I’m flying back to London tomorrow. I’ll be upset if there isn’t one on my hall floor.
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    Maybe not in this period, which is probably more due to postage delays. If I still have not had mine delivered in a couple of weeks time then I reserve the right to return and complain to you all. 
  • Genuinely didn't even know these handbooks were a thing. This thread is rhe first I'd heard of them
  • Croydon said:
    Genuinely didn't even know these handbooks were a thing. This thread is rhe first I'd heard of them
    They are also on sale
     https://booking.cafc.co.uk/en-GB/merchandise/product/2021-22 charlton athletic handbook
  • Croydon said:
    Genuinely didn't even know these handbooks were a thing. This thread is rhe first I'd heard of them
    They produce one every year, but normally it's incorporated into the first programme of the year (which they charge extra for)
  • I might be in a minority of one but mine arrived today and I think it's pretty good. Of course it doesn't reflect the later transfer window acquisitions but otherwise it's packed full of interesting historical detail and I really like it that they've given a profile of all the U23s and U18s too, plus the women's team. It's good to put faces to names, be a bit "old git shocked" at some of the dates of birth (2005 FFS). Can't agree with a lot of the more negative comments on here.
  • Got mine, it’s actually pretty good to be fair 
  • I've thrown away my season ticket letter that contained the 'free ticket' voucher. Has anyone had success contacting the club for help with getting a free ticket in the same situation? I am in the area later today and was hoping to get a ticket for Saturday's match which I assume is a qualifying 'silver' fixture. Any advice would be welcomed. 
  • edited September 2021
    meldrew66 said:
    I've thrown away my season ticket letter that contained the 'free ticket' voucher. Has anyone had success contacting the club for help with getting a free ticket in the same situation? I am in the area later today and was hoping to get a ticket for Saturday's match which I assume is a qualifying 'silver' fixture. Any advice would be welcomed. 
    my son’s letter arrived blank (with nothing printed on it) I contacted the ticket office, gave them his membership number and they supplied the code that should have been printed on the letter.

I hope this helps.
  • Davo55 said:
    I might be in a minority of one but mine arrived today and I think it's pretty good. Of course it doesn't reflect the later transfer window acquisitions but otherwise it's packed full of interesting historical detail and I really like it that they've given a profile of all the U23s and U18s too, plus the women's team. It's good to put faces to names, be a bit "old git shocked" at some of the dates of birth (2005 FFS). Can't agree with a lot of the more negative comments on here.
    I always keep the annual handbook

It's basically the same format each year, except normally incorporated into the first programme of the season
  • edited September 2021
    meldrew66 said:
    I've thrown away my season ticket letter that contained the 'free ticket' voucher. Has anyone had success contacting the club for help with getting a free ticket in the same situation? I am in the area later today and was hoping to get a ticket for Saturday's match which I assume is a qualifying 'silver' fixture. Any advice would be welcomed. 
    I tried using the given code last week and it just came up error.
    Edited - it was pointed out below that I hadn't assigned the ticket before entering the code.