Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Those early bird season ticket 'benefits' - 2022-23 season discussion from p8

Comments

• Options
    Nope 
  • Options
    And nope.
  • Options
    Should be some time after August 31st hopefully... 
  • Options
    Should be some time after August 31st hopefully... 
  • Options
    Still no.

• Options
    In the words of the immortal bard "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?!"
  • Options
    It would make sense for the handbook to be produced after the window closes. More sense that the window not closing before the season starts anyway!
  • Options
    It would make sense for the handbook to be produced after the window closes. More sense that the window not closing before the season starts anyway!
    True but the early bird benefits says it was coming before the first game of the season 
  • Options

The club's official 2021/22 Handbook was completed last week, but a delay in printing and delivery means that they will not be sent out to early-bird season-ticket holder until the week of August 23rd.

The club would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to those supporters who have been awaiting their copy of the handbook, but can ensure that they will be dropping on doormats very soon.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/611fb2fb46219/valley-review-charlton-v-wigan-athletic-edition

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

The club's official 2021/22 Handbook was completed last week, but a delay in printing and delivery means that they will not be sent out to early-bird season-ticket holder until the week of August 23rd.

The club would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to those supporters who have been awaiting their copy of the handbook, but can ensure that they will be dropping on doormats very soon.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/611fb2fb46219/valley-review-charlton-v-wigan-athletic-edition

Meh.
  • Options
    clive said:

Just think of all those uneaten worms.
  • Options
    clive said:

The club's official 2021/22 Handbook  season was started completed last week, but a delay in transfers printing and delivery means that they a proper team will not be sent out for to early-bird season-ticket holders to watch until the week of August 23rd.

The club would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to those supporters who have been awaiting a football team their copy of the handbook, but can ensure that they will be dropping points until then on doormats very soon.

Or alternatively...
  • Options
    Well done the club for responding positively and swiftly on this.
  • Options
    Clubs a fucking shambles 
  • Options
    My handbook finally arrived today  :D
  • Options
    Still awaiting mine.....
  • Options
    Still awaiting mine.....
    and me and two others in the house......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just received mine it includes all the deadline day signings. I won't spoil it for anyone 
    That information about Mbappe's favourite meal was really surprising
  • Options
    Just received mine it includes all the deadline day signings. I won't spoil it for anyone 
    That information about Mbappe's favourite meal was really surprising
    Steak and chips?

did they list his "miscellaneous likes (going out with friends for a meal) and dislikes (smoking and rude people)"

*readers of Shoot from the 1970s might get this reference... 
  • Options
    My handbook finally arrived today  :D
    Was on sale in the shop on Saturday.
  • Options
    I'm not sure when the handbook went to print, as it includes nothing about Blackett-Taylor or even Charlie Kirk (signed on the 12th August)

On a positive note, it includes match details for the 2019/20 season as well as 2020/21 one.
  • Options
    I'm not sure when the handbook went to print, as it includes nothing about Blackett-Taylor or even Charlie Kirk (signed on the 12th August)

On a positive note, it includes match details for the 2019/20 season as well as 2020/21 one.
    And this is why it would have made more sense for it to be printed in September after the transfer window closed & all new players have been signed.
  • Options
    No need for spoilers as there is nothing to report. 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Anybody bellyaching about receiving extra stuff, for free, over and above the thing you paid for just go take a long walk off a very short pier not forgetting to fill your pockets with stones
    Oxygen wasters all of you
    Don't look back just get lost and get the hell out of the way of actual human beings with lives to live
    How do I take a long walk off a short pier? Is there supposed to be a cruise ship moored to the end of it?
  • Options
    What happens if the item you want to use your early bird discount isn't in stock in the shop when the allocated date arrives..?

Still waiting for the black (or even white) shirt to arrive in store!
  • Options

I think it went to print (or the design/content was completed at the very least) prior to the first game of the season.

Would have made sense to choose either getting it sorted early so it’s ready for the first match of the season (which they tried to do) or delay sending it to print until after the transfer window closed. We ended up with worst of both worlds!