Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Something nice happened today

Comments

• Options
    I'm.a big fan of dogs, @T_C_E, but your granddaughter looks an absolute sweetheart. Congratulations.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    Talking to the mum of a 3 yr old in the nursery (only part of the school still open) her daughter although fascinated by Bowyer was obviously very fearful. We stood at a distance with a picket fence between us chatting to mum, over 5/10 minutes approaching the fence slowly Mum tickled Bow between the fence encouraging her daughter to do so, to no avail. Turning Bow around I asked mum to scratch his back end which she did and her daughter followed suit. Bow laid in front of the fence as we chatted and with no coaxing at all her daughter reached through the fence to stroke Bowyer. At a distance we accompanied them back to the car and waved them off, happy to meet them again Monday to continue to help. 
    Is the nursery next door to the Birmingham training ground then?
    Mum tickled Bow between the fence encouraging her daughter to do so, to no avail. Turning Bow around I asked mum to scratch his back end which she did and her daughter followed suit. Bow laid in front of the fence as we chatted and with no coaxing at all her daughter reached through the fence to stroke Bowyer.

😆
    Meet Therapy dog “Bowyer” along with JJ, Bailey and Valli with our Granddaughter #Therapydogs #Workingwithchildren

Have followed your therapy work on here for a while, it’s brilliant, I didn’t mean any malice, just had a very vivid mental image that tickled me! It was @jimmymelrose fault!
    LLLBH
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:
    Talking to the mum of a 3 yr old in the nursery (only part of the school still open) her daughter although fascinated by Bowyer was obviously very fearful. We stood at a distance with a picket fence between us chatting to mum, over 5/10 minutes approaching the fence slowly Mum tickled Bow between the fence encouraging her daughter to do so, to no avail. Turning Bow around I asked mum to scratch his back end which she did and her daughter followed suit. Bow laid in front of the fence as we chatted and with no coaxing at all her daughter reached through the fence to stroke Bowyer. At a distance we accompanied them back to the car and waved them off, happy to meet them again Monday to continue to help. 
    Is the nursery next door to the Birmingham training ground then?
    Mum tickled Bow between the fence encouraging her daughter to do so, to no avail. Turning Bow around I asked mum to scratch his back end which she did and her daughter followed suit. Bow laid in front of the fence as we chatted and with no coaxing at all her daughter reached through the fence to stroke Bowyer.

😆
    Meet Therapy dog “Bowyer” along with JJ, Bailey and Valli with our Granddaughter #Therapydogs #Workingwithchildren

Have followed your therapy work on here for a while, it’s brilliant, I didn’t mean any malice, just had a very vivid mental image that tickled me! It was @jimmymelrose fault!
    LLLBH
    No worries, I dropped the photo because I’m aware some folk have little interest and may not be aware of the context the name “Bowyer” was being used. Sometimes I’m guilty of assuming everyone knows what we do, not only here but in the communities we try to visit it’s also something I’m very protective of purely because of the hard work that’s gone into building relationships with schools and care homes that could stop because someone in high places decides they don’t like our dogs. 
  • Options
    Just noticed I’ve got a promote! Bloody hell, not been this chuffed since I received my cycling proficiency badge 🥳
  • Options
    Just noticed I’ve got a promote! Bloody hell, not been this chuffed since I received my cycling proficiency badge 🥳
    Great news.  Have your tie and blazer arrived yet, with the instructions about the 'special' handshake? 

Looking forward to meeting up at the quarterly dinner.  
  • Options
    I threw away 6 cards from my wallet so now I only have one loyalty card.

Just seems right. 
  • Options
    Went to Mens Grooming Opp Sparrows Lane, £40 Gold package, feel like a new man! Mrs U might just get both barrels tonight.... Lucky girl that she is!
  • Options
    For Keeping us safe from the spanner’s supporters club and very well deserved it is too. 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    For Keeping us safe from the spanner’s supporters club and very well deserved it is too. 👍
    It truly is a dirty job and I’m just the Addick to do it.
  • Options
    Morning tea at Tomboy cafe in Wellington and the most delightful melting moment (I  think it’s called).

Two large round shortbread biscuits held together with passion fruit cream. Divine.

• Options
    Fantastic 

• Options
    Solidgone said:
    Fantastic 

I have no idea who Courtney is. But it's cheery need nevertheless.
  • Options

That’s my Bruv in the water with his Missus & my hubby.
    Happy KB’slittlesis 😁
  • Options

Have a new studio assistant.
  • Options

Have a new studio assistant.
    What sort of studio is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jints said:
    Lost my wallet on Tuesday with cards, driving licence etc, cash. Somebody made the effort to post it to me fully in tact - there are still good people in the world. 
    You've probably paid for the postage though.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Jints said:
    Lost my wallet on Tuesday with cards, driving licence etc, cash. Somebody made the effort to post it to me fully in tact - there are still good people in the world. 
    Nope, whoever it was did - £1.83...
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Being in Wigton in Scotland yesterday and there was a Brittany flag flying outside a building, my brother in law said I wonder what flag is there. I replied it was Brittany and my daughter didn’t believe me, so I said for her to google it and she said it was and it must be something to do with football, thanks Yann.
  • Options
    Jints said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Jints said:
    Nope, whoever it was did - £1.83...
    That sounds like Second Class post.

Should have done Signed For 1st Class ... otherwise the wallet might have gone missing.

(This could run and run)