Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Something nice happened today

Comments

• Options
    Just secured my future at my current Company - Relieved... ITS A BLOODY UNDERSTATEMENT

Company got taken over a few years ago - So have had to spend 2021 transitioning into a new role that is slightly different to what I was doing, or have done before... Its certainly something I've enjoyed, and the flexible working (a side benefit) has been great as means I've been able to take my Son to nursery and collect him on certain days when my Wife has had to work too.

As a result I decided to take the massive risk and focus on impressing enough to get a potential job (if one came up) based on what I'm now doing, rather than focusing on saving my arse from redundancy and jumping ship at the earliest opportunity.

Have been expecting to hear about a potential job opening (something that I could interview for etc.) for a few weeks now, but went into my one to one with my Manager @ 2pm today and the first thing I'm told is that I'll just move straight across in January.

No need to worry about interviews (hate the bloody things)... No risk of redundancy.

What a way to end the working week, and head into a week of Annual Leave!!!
    Please done let anything distract from your excellent match previews FA
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Just got off the phone from my Mrs, crying her eyes out (she's currently living and working back in UK).

So, straight away I'm thinking the worst, then when she did finally compose herself, she starts to explain how the trains are all up the creek and she was stuck waiting for a connection in Woking making her really late (to get to Guildford). There was another older lady and young girl who were also going to Guildford, so they decided to share a cab. On the way they all got talking about life in general, cabbages and Kings etc. The younger girl is getting married next year, the old lady is going away at Christmas etc etc. Anyway, when they finally got to their destination, they all got out to, but the older lady, who was sitting in the front seat, refused to take any money off my Mrs or the younger girl and insisted on paying for them. 

Hopefully she got her name, so we can send her a card
    Take note @shine166 ;)
    Was gonna mention Shino lol 😉
  • Options
    Somebody, anybody? 

Something to smile about?!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Somebody, anybody? 

Always👍
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Somebody, anybody? 

I thought it might rain today so I mowed my lawns early … and it did rain. Good enough?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Somebody, anybody? 

I updated my Football Ground Map and realised how many League Two Grounds I need for the full set of 92. Quite a big opportunity. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went to a function at Dartford FC yesterday afternoon.  As we walked out at around 7.15, their Team coach was unloading.  Asked them how they got on. Cheeky little smile when told they lost.
  • Options
    Well done @Wilma

• Options
    CHG said:

Great work Wilma! I did something similar but with a passport I found on the floor. The internet can be a good place sometimes. He sent me a pair of pyjamas as a thank you. True story. 
    ...and, reader, I married him
  • Options
    Ahh Wilma, that’s lovely 😊 
  • Options
    Went to a dental NHS practice in Marylebone as my crown was about to go separate ways. Also due a check up. Never been there before and luckily there was a cancellation. I was seen within 30 minutes and reattached to
    my crown. Not sure whether this was nice or just being lucky. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Wilma said:
    Found someone's keys yesterday and managed to return to their owner after a social media post. He insisted on giving me a fiver as a thank you.

I entered a cake into the office Bake Off today and then put the fiver from yesterday in the collection bucket. 

Won the Bake Off with an excellent coffee and walnut cake! 
    Nice one.  I dropped my credit card on the pavement a few weeks back and before I had even realised, someone had found me on Facebook and told me they had it.  Got to meet a new neighbour to boot.

• Options
    I pulled a tick out of my arm on 22nd November.
    Sent me into a bit of a meltdown tbh after being ‘well’ for the last few years after contracting Lyme & starting recently to run again.

Managed to get some antibiotics from the reluctant Dr & sent the tick to Germany for testing.

I have just got the results back from the lab.

The tick was all clear.

I am beyond relieved/delighted 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩
    Were you worried that the tick might have caught something from you? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Sent me into a bit of a meltdown tbh after being ‘well’ for the last few years after contracting Lyme & starting recently to run again.

Managed to get some antibiotics from the reluctant Dr & sent the tick to Germany for testing.

The tick was all clear.

Were you worried that the tick might have caught something from you? 
    Funnily enough, my husband said the same thing.
    I gave him a steak to put on it 🙄😜
    Does that work for a goats horn rammed up the arse?
  • Options

The tick was all clear.

I bet the tick is pretty pleased too
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

The tick was all clear.

I bet the tick is pretty pleased too
    So, that’s ticked all the boxes then.
  • Options
    Thought about starting its own thread but there may not be too much interest among Addick  cricket followers who will be more interested in the Ashes.

But - a NZ left arm spinner Ajax Patel has just taken all ten wickets v India in Mumbai.  He’s only the third player to achieve all ten.  I can remember Jim Laker rattling the Aussies with a 19 wicket haul in Manchester.  Kumble was the other one.

Im not sure it’s going to help the kiwi cause though.  They are currently 27 for 4 in their first innings.

NZ have never won a series in India.  They saved the first test with the final pair lasting 9 overs to see out a draw.  There were big hopes for this test but they weren’t helped by the late withdrawal of Kane Williamson with an injury.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Two good things today...

Found out my Dad's tumour is benign.  Well the top doc is 99.9% sure and they've still done the biopsy based on the 0.01% chance.  It has been a stressful few weeks since his routine Dentist appointment turned into an almost instant referral to hospital when he asked the Dentist what the lump was on the inside of his mouth.  God bless the NHS.

We put an post on FB a week or so ago about giving away our baby car seat.  Had a message from one of my brother's old friends who I haven't seen in about 10 years and he came to collect it today.  His son was born at 31 weeks and only weighs 3lb 8oz now after 5 weeks in SCBU.  They hope to bring him home before Christmas.  He didn't want to leave without paying us for it but we told him not to worry.   As daughter number 2 was a premmie, a tiny 3lb 14oz at 34 weeks, it very much felt like we was paying back our good karma.
    I was less than 3lb back in the 70's, 3 months early