Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Something nice happened today

Comments

• Options
    Great game of 5 aside (well 3 aside) tonight.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    American kids are speaking in British accents after watching Peppa Pig.
    A question I saw earlier: why is there both a doctor & a vet in peppa pig?
  • Options
    Today has been truly awful.
    For reasons I’m not going to go into here.
    But it finished with news that finally, after a year & a half, I will get to see some family again.

Beyond happy 😃 
    Sorry to hear about the truly awful bit, and hope it isn't going to have long term consequences. Glad that you're going to get to see family again though.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Our sons gone from non verbal late April (2 yrs 3 months old), to now knowing 1-20, A-Z, upto 100 words and the last week saying Mummy/Daddy. Buzzing, doesn't quite do it justice. 
    Our daughter has Autism and until she was around 4 didn’t particularly engage with much, to the point we were concerned she wouldn’t feed/drink much either.
    when she started school it was like lightning a rocket, couldn’t keep her down and today is her last day at Primary school, she’s going onto one of the top Grammars in England after smashing her 11+.
    This morning she told me I am a “great Dad, just like Grandad was”: my dad passed away on Friday and it’s his fault I support Charlton as he used to take me to every home game since I was 5. 
    LLLBH.

@shine166 your son will shine!
    Beautiful mate, sounds like she's done great. Sorry for your loss BTW. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    My 2 sofas arrived.
    Sofa so good on the move then.
  • Options
    Today has been truly awful.
    For reasons I’m not going to go into here.
    But it finished with news that finally, after a year & a half, I will get to see some family again.

Beyond happy 😃 
    Hope you're ok and it's nothing too bad.

Yesterday was quality, had a day off, played a round of footgolf, planned a break in the Cotswolds, had a couple of drinks in the sun, made a nice thai red curry, bought a few birthday presents for the missus and fitted a new roof rack. And the kids were happy. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Doesnt sound nice when writing it, but so proud of my Son

Little shit has started to develop my evil sense of humour

Always happy to go give his Mummy a cuddle, with me though he's suddenly started to walk over with his arms out ready to give me a cuddle too only to back away laughing at me (arms still out) when I open my arms to give him the cuddle back!!

Already know I have the last laugh when I start taking him to Charlton!!

Stig said:
    I took my cameras out for an early morning walk and saw a muntjac and a domestic cat sitting on a footpath. They both saw me and ran off in the opposite direction. So I now have a (very poor) photograph of what looks like a cat chasing a muntjac.

Probably not the right thread but I was going to do that this morning

Planned to get up just before 4am so I had time to get up to the park for a nice sunrise shot looking down over Rochester Castle - Got to about 3am, and I briefly woke up before my alarms went off, thought "Yeah f**k that this morning" so turned my alarms off, went back to sleep only to be woken by my Wife at 9:01 telling me to get downstairs and start work!!
  • Options
    One of my crowns fell out on Sunday. I avoided swallowing/losing it and this morning my dentist was able to cement it back into place. He told me a story of a patient whose crown came loose in his mouth, who then broke another tooth biting down on it, and swallowed the crown! Cost £800 overall! So I got off extremely lightly :-)
  • Options
    I got a package with some lovely towels from @Justin20474.

Plus I know its not today but obviously its been the last few days so im gonna count it 🤣🤣 the money you have all donated to help get my new flat started has been incredible and shows that amongst all the crap in the world there are some truely wonderful people(and look its even got me posting again 🤣🤣)
    Glad you liked them @Paulie8290
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My son said "Love you daddy" for the first time.
    Nice … shame he’s 20. My son says he loves me when he wants money
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    My eldest daughter is getting ready for her end-of-GCSE Prom tonight. Proud Dad will be on taxi duty this evening....
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    My son said "Love you daddy" for the first time.
    Nice … shame he’s 20. My son says he loves me when he wants money
    I’m not your son but I love you. Do you have a spare score laying around?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    My 2 sofas arrived.
    Not so good today.
    At me old house the sofas were in the back room, no one could see in.
    I have to remember now I cant sit on the sofa in me boxer shorts scratching me b@llocks
    Why, a mans home is his castle. Other peoples fault if they look in
  • Options
    My missus filled up the car with petrol. Unbelievable scenes.