Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A petition to ban racists from football.

Comments

• Options
    I intend to boo if I see any players taking the knee at the Valley next season.

I believe that I am simply expressing my rights under the freedom of speech laws. But I am sure some other fans will call me a racist.

Therefore I will delay signing this petition until I see what the reaction is to my booing.

I hope for your sake you are sitting nowhere near me . Idiot 
    Oh I am really afraid.
    Please explain.
    What do you intend to do when I start booing?
    Why are you so proud of wanting to boo these players? It’s pathetic.

What would you say to one of our players if they came over to you after the booing and asked why you did it? 
    He would curl up in a ball. Most racists are cowards and i suspect he's no different. 
    Bedsaddick you are a complete prick.

If one of the players came over to me, I would tell him not to preach politics to me and concentrate on playing football.

And as for curling up in a ball I can assure you that would be the last thing I would ever do.
    I see you are not denying you are racist . 

He hasn’t done or said anything racist, you’re assuming that his reason for booing stems from racism.

he shouldn’t have to deny it because you think he should 
  • Options
    bigstemarra, great post in so much as I’d genuinely love to see the responses and possible challenges, as I love genuine, good healthy debate where one side does not just shut the other down as they don’t agree with the view. Your view aligns very closely with mine on this issue but is more informed, evidenced and articulated. 

Hopefully people can see that opposing the knee (the symbol) and the group (BLM) does not make you a racist, being racist does.
  • Options
    The BLM movement and the BLM organisation are different things. The link I posted earlier explains this. 
  • Options
    As soon as I saw, what appears on the surface to be a laudable request, I knew that it would simply be another bait and switch tactic by the usual suspects.

No right minded person would have a problem with racists being ejected from football grounds and banned or being prosecuted for their cowardly abuse on social media.  To a large extent, this already happens.  But that will not be enough - nothing will ever be enough when there is a grievance industry to be sustained and further division to foment (see how Stonewall achieved a tremendous amount for LGBT, but has now lost the plot).  So, once you have people on board, then you can safely move the goalposts.  A time honoured tactic used by left and right.

'Support action against racists' becomes 'support action against those who will not abase themselves before BLM'; utterly predictable and utterly dishonest.  That is clearly the intention here, and may have fallen for it.

Kick it out is an anti-racist movement in the spirit of MLK.

However, BLM is a divisive, racist, violent organisation that represents division; the opposite to the legacy of MLK.

Trying to conflate the two is disingenuous to say the least.  Just some examples:

BLM UK want to abolish prisons:

Dismantle capitalism and the patriarchy (whatever that is supposed to mean):

'We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy'

https://uk.gofundme.com/f/ukblm-fund

Abolish borders:

Defund the police:

https://blacklivesmatter.com/defundthepolice/

Consider suffragettes as white supermacists:

Considers the appointment of a Pakistani heritage women to a race relations panel as 'racist':

So, BLM, as well no doubt consisting of a lot of well-intentioned people, unfortunately has more than a sprinkling of extremist nutjobs.  I don't like extremist nutjobs, so as far as I am concerned, they can get f**ked and take their divisive, racist nonsense with them.  Kick It Out? No problem with them as they don't appear to be steered by such divisive lunacy.

Now, some footballers, unwisely IMHO, decided to reject the inclusive movement that was Kick It Out, and instead, because it was trendy and a bit edgy, they decided to adopt a cause from overseas.  As such, they have taken on all the baggage, both good and bad if they like it or not.  That's how it works - tough shit.

Estimates of between 19-25 deaths (depending on who is deciding) are directly attributable to this 'benign' organisation, including the death of an 8 year old girl killed at a roadblock set up by BLM thugs to 'protect their community' because her mother was scared and did not stop her car.  Of course, very few of you will have heard of this because most of the mainstream media in this country has decided that anything that doesn't fit the narrative must be censored.  This was not mentioned at all by the BBC, despite being headline news in the US for several days; contrast this with blanket news coverage of everything BLM by the BBC up until this point, including every z list celebrity's views on it on social media:

https://news.sky.com/story/secoriea-turner-eight-year-old-girl-among-several-children-shot-dead-over-independence-day-weekend-12022188

Even the massively woke NYT reported it and the predictable bloodbath that ensued when the police allowed communities to 'police themselves' in what has been a murderous disaster wherever it has occurred.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/23/us/seattle-police-autonomous-zone/index.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/06/us/atlanta-mayor-8-year-old-killed.html

That is just one example of the 'achievements' of BLM, or 'Burn, Loot, Murder' as it has become known to many.  
    So, it isn't as simple as black and white:

'Meanwhile, despite BLM’s anti-police narrative, poll after poll shows most black Americans don’t support the movement’s radical ideas. Last summer, a much-publicized Gallup poll found that 81 percent of black Americans favored the same or higher levels of police presence in their neighborhoods. In the aftermath of George Floyd’s death, a poll in Minneapolis showed that reducing the city’s police force was more unpopular among black residents than their white counterparts.'

Very interesting, the last sentence, and so typical of the age of the (usually white) woke warrior, who always knows better than those actually affected by the issues on which they sanctimoniously pontificate:

https://nypost.com/2021/02/06/these-black-lives-didnt-seem-to-matter-in-2020/

So, what has it actually, materially, achieved for black people to make their lives better and to protect them from violence? absolutely sod all, it's made things worse (apart from some of those in the movement who are considerably enriched, despite wanting to 'abolish capitalism':

https://nypost.com/2021/04/10/inside-blm-co-founder-patrisse-khan-cullors-real-estate-buying-binge/

Has it improved race relations?  Take a wild guess:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/27/black-lives-matter-has-increased-racial-tension-55-say-in-uk-poll

So, instead of virtue signalling on social media, maybe high profile footballers on social media could actually DO something about it instead, e.g boycott social media until they properly police hate speech online and stop making it easier for cowardly racists to anonymously abuse others online.  If they and all of those in football did this (and not just for one sodding day) then something might actually happen.  However, it does inconvenience some people, so it is unlikely to happen when empty virtue signalling is the other option and requires no actual action.  Twitter could solve this problem easily if they wanted to; they just need persuading in the only way that works for corporations - hit their profit margin.  But do people actually care enough to boycott Twitter for a bit?  I suspect not, but we shall see.

Bin the toxic BLM knee bending sanctimony and re-adopt Kick It Out, a genuine anti-racist organisation with none of the negative connotations, condoning of violence and murder and loopy sixth form politics to taint it.  I am not denying that some will boo taking the knee for racist reasons, but others will have genuine reasons to do so; not least because North Korean type compulsory public displays of loyalty are distinctly suspect to many, and this is why I would also support the rights of individuals to resist compulsion to partake in anything from singing the national anthem to wearing the poppy.  It is our right in a free country to have our own opinions and not be prosecuted for them, which is what this petition, ultimately seeks to do.  We go down that road at our peril.
    are we really using one twitter handle to represent an entire decentralised movement? 
    With over 92k followers?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isn't there already a thread for BLM and taking the knee?
    This is about a petition 

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Wilma said:
    Standing up to racism is not political

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-53098516

People saying that it is are trying to cover up their own racism. 
    I don't think that's true. I initially felt it was a bit naff and felt uncomfortable that it was linked to a political agenda and wouldnt have booed it but could see why people thought it was out of place. 

But because of that it has been made emphatically clear it's not in any way linked to any political motive in recent months and it is clearly no more than a way for players to show solidarity against racism.
  • Options
    brb gonna create a twitter handle called CharltonLifePosters and post controversial shit so people will hate on this forum and call us all anarchist scum.
  • Options
    Signed end of!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Let's take a couple of random players taking the knee. Sterling and Rice. Do we need to ask them if they are members of the political movement? Do we honestly have to do that?  I don't think so, we all know they are not. So it isn't too much of a stretch once you rule that out to accept they are doing it for the reasons they have stated. If you think they are lying and are secret members you have real problems.

So assuming you don't have these problems, just accept their reasoning for it.  You may think it has gone on too long or there may be better ways. That is a fair enough position, but it isn't a reason to boo. It is 10 seconds tops and doesn't affect anything about the game. Blink and you miss it. Clap them in solidarity with their message or do nothing. Don't boo them because you have not got the wit to understand why they are doing it despite all the unsubtle clues. 

It would be a useless protest if it was about something the protesters have said it isn't about. When you protest, you do specify why or it becomes a meaningless act.
  • Options
    If you’re going to boo Charlton why not go in the away stand? Problem solved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wilma said:
    The BLM movement and the BLM organisation are different things. The link I posted earlier explains this. 
    But surely you must see how people are going to link the two.....

Why not give it a different name....something like 'Kick it Out' for instance ;)
  • Options
    brb gonna create a twitter handle called CharltonLifePosters and post controversial shit so people will hate on this forum and call us all anarchist scum.
    Guessing that thinly veiled dig was aimed at me... I didn't read the majority of the post I quoted. I don't agree with the BLM "decentralised" party, as you so cutely put it. It isn't decentralised and the people putting theirselves in the limelight are not very nice people trying to take it all in a very bad direction by raising tensions... but that is not what this thread is about, it doesn't mean I don't agree with the Black Lives Matter campaign, or the taking a knee, as I definitely do and anyone proven to be a racist should be banned from football.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!