Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ukraine vs England - Match Thread

Comments

• We're winning this tournament.

Superb performance 
    Denmark are dangerous but England should be too good as long as the pressure doesn’t get to them.  Italy I think might beat us but if Spain can take care of Italy…….

I’m trying not to get carried away but, I have to admit, I’m starting to get this calm confidence in my gut. I’ve had it twice before related to football - going into the playoffs in 1998 and 2019. 
  • wow!

2 standouts for me.

Shaw's wand of a left foot.

And Sancho. A  kind of more intelligent Sterling.

Oh. And Southgate is a f******g genius.
  • Now we know why Thomas came over.
  • edited July 2021
    Pride in that performance. Confident and assured. We look like a team that can achieve.
  • Is it just me but has anyone else noticed that Henderson has 62-caps and 1-goal

Put that together and you get 63... He scored in the 63rd minute...
    Funny you say that .......................

Its just you  ;)
  • Is it just me but has anyone else noticed that Henderson has 62-caps and 1-goal

Funny you say that .......................

Its just you  ;)
    I always knew I was a sphecial boy
  • First half was worried we were letting them play a bit too much and would come out in the second half much the same but we stepped it up and absolutely bossed them. Great stuff. Still think both rice and phillips are unnecessary and we'd play better with only one of them but we're in the semis so bring on Denmark.
  • Sponsored links:

• We're not scared. A great squad of youth and experience. It looks good not just for the euros but the world cup too. Love it!
  • So different from the Scotland game. We look confident, bring on Denmark 
  • I told you Ukraine were shite.
  • So different from the Scotland game. We look confident, bring on Denmark 

Thomas is shi***g himself
  • That Scotland game feels like a lifetime ago.

Funny old game. 
    Just highlights the importance not to focus on a single performance. Especially one where we were not that bad.
  • If I believed in numerology then I would be beside myself with wonder!! Why?
    I was born in 55, I was 11 in 66, when we last won a major tournament. It is now 55 years since then and now I'm 66.
    We must be bringing it home.......surely!!!

• Sponsored links:

• @Stig - can you please photoshop this with “Harrys and the Henderson”?

Nice idea Exiled and I'm flattered that you asked me, but I fear that Henry might go ape if I let anyone jump the queue.
  • The perfect performance no bookings for players and tbh a nice controlled easy game saving energy for Wedesday. England look like they have another couple of gears if needed
  • That was awesome, couldn't have gone more to.plan. Took off the players on yellows, Kane back scoring, a few more players getting on the pitch. 

Harry Kane has two testicles ears and scored twice tonight!