Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungarians say transfer on hold til the summer (p61)

Comments

• Options
    Gilbey is a better athlete than Morgan, quicker, although Albie can put a sprint in when required, so with Clare and Gilbey pushing on I think we'll end up with a 5 up front with the ball. 

If (and that's a big if) Kirk signs, it's what happens to Washington in that mix 
  • Options
    Dobson and Clare combined very well for Albie's left foot attempt. 

Albie did very well to hurry and put pressure for Bannon's run and attempt. 

I think they'll all combine well if we manage to get 2 attacking players in.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Gilbey is a better athlete than Morgan, quicker, although Albie can put a sprint in when required, so with Clare and Gilbey pushing on I think we'll end up with a 5 up front with the ball. 

If (and that's a big if) Kirk signs, it's what happens to Washington in that mix 
    Washo might not start every game - but he'll be a valuable member of the matchday 18 with his industry and energy.

He'll get used plenty.

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Honestly can’t believe some of the comments on here about not rating Dobson.. best player on the pitch Saturday. Those that say Stockley, are clearly clueless about ‘foot’ball..

But the ones saying Stockley was MOM were the ones that said he doesn't close down or work hard enough last season!

How can folk moan about Pratson then see that we showed a complete improvement in the CM region on Saturday. 

Sadly we just needed our in box chances to fall to a Gilbey or JFC.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Honestly can’t believe some of the comments on here about not rating Dobson.. best player on the pitch Saturday. Those that say Stockley, are clearly clueless about ‘foot’ball..

I thought Stockley was our best player Saturday. I also rated Dobson. 

Like to think I know abit about football.
    I thought Stockley was the joint MoM with Inniss
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

Knob comment. Just because Stockley is a target man doesn't mean he didn't have a good game. 
    Exactly. Amateur analysis.
  • Options
    Stockley's overall contribution to the team is huge, works the line like the big labrador he is, is actually pretty decent with ball at feet, and allows us to play. Think you notice is even more with the Sky coverage, close between him and Dobson for MoM. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    DubaiCAFC said:

Knob comment. Just because Stockley is a target man doesn't mean he didn't have a good game. 
    Never said he didn’t have a good game.. and his contribution to the game is big, especially in our own box… but we are going way to direct to him, he is actually very good on the floor..

Dobson is a big upgrade on Pratley & Watson, mobility around the pitch, a lot calm
    on the ball, and a good range of passing.. 

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Never said he didn’t have a good game.. 
    No, just that you dont know anything about football if you thought he was better than Dobson. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

No, just that you dont know anything about football if you thought he was better than Dobson. 
    Behave yourself, more to football then putting your head on the ball.. 
  • Options
    Thought Dobson did well Saturday. Likes to get stuck in makes a few tactical fouls. I have high hopes for him and Clare in midfield. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Not his fault though is it. Sounds like you are saying Dobson was better than Stockley because of our tactics. Which quite frankly is ridiculous. 
  • Options
    Looking at the statbank the two things that some complained about Dobson, passing and fouls, he committed 3 fouls and had an 83% success rate for passing. Not too bad for your first game.
    And to be fair the chef wendy players fell to the floor when there was a strong breeze. 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Not his fault though is it. Sounds like you are saying Dobson was better than Stockley because of our tactics. Which quite frankly is ridiculous. 
    Stockley missed the best chance of the game, un-marked, ball on the plate, from 12 yards out, he should be working the keeper.  If he scores that, then justified man of the match.

Dobson mopped up all afternoon, I think I can only remember him giving the ball away once. Range of passing, and all of our attacking moves come through him. Gave great protecting to our defence 

You clearly don’t watch a game in detail.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Stockley had plenty of touches with his feet. I can think of several times he brought the ball down on his chest and played it out wide or to a midfielder.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Stockley missed the best chance of the game, un-marked, ball on the plate, from 12 yards out, he should be working the keeper.  If he scores that, then justified man of the match.

Dobson mopped up all afternoon, I think I can only remember him giving the ball away once. Range of passing, and all of our attacking moves come through him. Gave great protecting to our defence 

Nice dig again, congratulations. 

Stockley was the Sky MOTM. Charlton life average score of 7.33, Dobson got 6.47. Maybe you don't know as much about football as you think?
  • Options
    Looking at the statbank the two things that some complained about Dobson, passing and fouls, he committed 3 fouls and had an 83% success rate for passing. Not too bad for your first game.
    And to be fair the chef wendy players fell to the floor when there was a strong breeze. 
    83% passing success is extremely high, and 3 fouls for a defensive midfielder is very low… 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Stockley was the Sky MOTM. Charlton life average score of 7.33, Dobson got 6.47. Maybe you don't know as much about football as you think?
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

Stockley had plenty of touches with his feet. I can think of several times he brought the ball down on his chest and played it out wide or to a midfielder.
    As I said earlier, he is good on the floor.. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    83% passing success is extremely high, and 3 fouls for a defensive midfielder is very low… 
    If he only gave the ball away once, and had 83% passing success, that means he made 5 passes all game.

Appears someone didn’t watch the game in detail….
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

To be honest, not surprised, as most of our crowd starts to boo, once we start having control Possession..

As I mentioned, Stockley, had a good game.. Sky always give awful man of the match decisions..

Our play off final springs to mind, Cullen was our best player on the day, and provided the assist for the winning goal and didn’t give it to him!
  • Options
    he'll do, he looks committed, fit and ready to rumble .. a Grealish or a Mount he ain't but he's a good lower league midfielder and the right age to develop
  • Options
    dobson did his job well on saturday, as did all the defensive players - clare was decent and i think will get better and better - morgan, washington and gunter are the one's to make way when we hopefully sign better in the next few weeks - all 3 are decent but no more - we need better    
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    dobson did his job well on saturday, as did all the defensive players - clare was decent and i think will get better and better - morgan, washington and gunter are the one's to make way when we hopefully sign better in the next few weeks - all 3 are decent but no more - we need better    
    Agreed need a creative mdifielder as Morgan not up to it...I think Washington coming off the bench is an option to stretch teams late and Gunter has seen better days