Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungarians say transfer on hold til the summer (p61)

Comments

• Options
    Had to laugh reading the Sunderland site , on the thread ' Favourite George Dobson moment ' someone said ' Today '!  Welcome George , you start with a clean slate with us.
  • Options
    Funderland at the Stadium of Shite. Who cares.
  • Options
    1 down.....just another 9 to go. 
    Exciting eh! 9 more to go.
    We’d be bored as hell if the squad was already in place 😂 
  • Options
    We'll have plenty of hungry players if they stop the catering at the training ground.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Can't really remember him from the Wimbledon game but going by his stats he's a significant upgrade on Pratley and looks to be just what we have been needing in midfield.

These stats are Dobson: 29 games (4 as sub) Vs Pratley: 39 games (5 as sub)

20 more interceptions and 7 more tackles in 10 less games yes please.
    Interesting stats. And we can add to that, at 23 Dobson will probably get better (he certainly has the scope to). At 36, it would be a miracle if Pratley didn't get worse.
  • Options
    Sunderland fan viewpoint on YouTube:
    Christ, I thought that was Dobson taking at first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m sure the emotion was tears of joy  because he didn’t have the play for them again.
    To be fair he only came to us because we offered less money........ 
  • Options
    Unconfirmed sighting of him driving in Bickley today.
  • Options
    What is the red & yellow card comparison and also fouls conceded.

DP gave his all but his reds were very disappointing. 
  • Options
    What is the red & yellow card comparison and also fouls conceded.

DP gave his all but his reds were very disappointing. 
    Has had 38-bookings / 1-game where he's got two yellows / 2-games where he's received a red card in his entire career

Got booked three times and one red card once last season
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Played well yday, seems positionally aware and best of all - the return of a squeaky Essex boy voice in the centre of midfield! 
    Thought the same. Could be our Keith Jones of this generation (appreciate a number of you will need to turn to Google for that player of the past), no frills, knows where he needs to be and a steady passer.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Played well yday, seems positionally aware and best of all - the return of a squeaky Essex boy voice in the centre of midfield! 
    Thought the same. Could be our Keith Jones of this generation (appreciate a number of you will need to turn to Google for that player of the past), no frills, knows where he needs to be and a steady passer.
    He’s not going to be that good .  Jones was genuinely exceptional at what he did . 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Maybe a more recent comparison would be Danny Hollands. Rarely does much that is spectacular but does the simple things well to allow more freedom to other players.
    ultimately if he does as good a job as Pratley did in games when we have little of the ball, I’ll be pleased 
  • Options
    Sunderland fan viewpoint on YouTube:
    Christ, I thought that was Dobson taking at first.
    Can’t wait to see his next video this afternoon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't believe that Sunderland could not get a tune out him, well I can because Lee "better than sex" Johnson is a very ordinary manager. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I can't believe that Sunderland could not get a tune out him, well I can because Lee "better than sex" Johnson is a very ordinary manager. 
    I've been very impressed with what I have seen. Although the dig at Johnson is unfair, he only had Dobson for a month, 95% of his games came under Parkinson. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I've been very impressed with what I have seen. Although the dig at Johnson is unfair, he only had Dobson for a month, 95% of his games came under Parkinson. 
    He would have also watched him play for Wimbledon, or at least had someone watch him.  He had the chance to run the rule over him in preseason but chose to release him less than 48 hours into it.  I think it's very fair to dig him out for it. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He would have also watched him play for Wimbledon, or at least had someone watch him.  He had the chance to run the rule over him in preseason but chose to release him less than 48 hours into it.  I think it's very fair to dig him out for it. 
    Agree that failing to give him a chance was slightly strange, particularly after he went and impressed at AFC. But it's not fair to say Johnson "could not get a tune out of him", that's on Parky. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Agree that failing to give him a chance was slightly strange, particularly after he went and impressed at AFC. But it's not fair to say Johnson "could not get a tune out of him", that's on Parky. 
    OK I'll rephrase that Johnson didn't even think there was a tune to be got. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    OK I'll rephrase that Johnson didn't even think there was a tune to be got. 
    Agreed, probably because you're not wrong, Johnson is a very ordinary manager. 
  • Options
    Whatever people think of Lee Johnson ......

Managers have a system, formation, gameplan, a way of playing ..... call it whatever you will.

But doesn't matter how good a player is, if his style of play or position doesn't fit into his manager's way of setting up the team, he's not going to play many games.

And his manager will want to trade his misfit player for another that does fit in his team set up.

• Options
    I'd say I was underwhelmed with him so far. He runs about a lot but his passing is poor and he gives away so many needless free kicks.
    Hopefully it was just adrenaline and match sharpness but he needs to calm down a bit.

• Options
    I'd say I was underwhelmed with him so far. He runs about a lot but his passing is poor and he gives away so many needless free kicks.
    Hopefully it was just adrenaline and match sharpness but he needs to calm down a bit.

If hoofing the ball up to Stockley is going to be the game plan for the season it will not matter, he may as well run around to keep warm.