Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - No longer Hungry

Comments

• Options
    How do you cancel a binding contract?
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Suppose they have looked it and all agreed to rip it up rather than have a unhappy player on their hands. 

• Options
    If anyone is interested in a bit of precedence research Richard Brittains move from Ross County to St Johnstone.

Essentially RB signed a two year pre contract with St Johnstone then changed his mind and wanted to stay at Ross County and signed a contract with them, it was due to go to court until common sense played out and Ross County paid a smaller than usual fee for him (£40,000)
  • Options

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Off Twitter, so no idea how trustworthy it is @Vjacheslav ?? -

Here We Go Joker GIF - Here We Go Joker Heath Ledger - Discover  Share GIFs
  • Options
    edited July 2
    The last couple of seasons Dobson shirts might still be useful this season..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2
    Chunes said:
    Like a small minority of us have been trying to say from start of this, all contracts are binding (otherwise whats the point in signing one), but they aren't written blood. If Dobbo has done this with the backing of another club (ie CHARLTON ATHLETIC), there was possibly (or possibly not?) a financial forfeit involved.

And again, as some of us have said from the start - why would a player, with or without their agent or advisor in their ear, sign a contract that doesn't come into effect for 6 months? Especially overseas? Especially in a place as far away and out the way as Hungary?

Not claiming to know the was gonna happen (if it has), just think keeping an open mind is the better default position than coming down hard on one side of the other, and telling other people to move on.

• Options
    When I said he is still with us and will not go to Hungary before July 1, I got more LOLs than usual 😁
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    When I said he is still with us and will not go to Hungary before July 1, I got more LOLs than usual 😁
    Well we all knew that....
  • Options

ross1 said:
    I don’t want to tell you that you’re wrong, but even the cancel rumours say he went to Hungary before July 1, to tell them in person to jog on before that date 😂
  • Options
    edited July 2

...Get y'self over to Sparrows Lane pronto George, we need ya like no tomorrow...🤞
  • Options
    edited July 2
    Thunder...
    Lightning....
    Dobbo's contract's not binding...

Knock, on wood
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An old flame of mine is Dobson's long-term cobbler.

Yesterday, when dropping off a pair tan brogues for resoling, Dobson told her that his agent has received an intriguing offer from Fudbalski klub Čukarički in the Serban Superliga. 

Looks like the Hungary move is not happening after all...
    Gorden Bennet, Serbia?
  • Options
    .....sorry, meant Mickey
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:

Favourite comment so far on fehevar life
    Clearly got us confused with Millwall on that last comment.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:

Toothless? I ain't toothless. Cheeky c*** -

• Options
    ValleyBen said:
    I appreciate he is less popular with the laptop fanbase but in the end I don't really care how embarrassing it is to those who make decisions at the club, if there is still any lingering chance of Dobson in a Charlton shirt next season then get it done.

If not then good luck to him in Hungary, truly mean that as like the soon to be departing Alfie May, one of the very small number of Charlton players to make me proud to watch in recent seasons. 
    It'll be our best signing if Dobson 'comes back'.
  • Options
    Lurker said:
    So who won the unicum bet?
    Me.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:

Not wrong there with the NHS dentistry waiting list. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    You can only cancel a binding contract if it is actually binding. If its a non-binding contract then it ceases to be binding unless the contract actually specifies it is a binding one. And then when it ceases to be binding, it then becomes non-binding meaning that the binding part of the contract is now non-binding.

Hope that helps.