Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2
    Plaaayer said:
    Swisdom is sending him an empty house in the West Malling area as we speak
    Taking photos as we speak.
  • Options
    I can already feel a new rivalry between ourselves and Fehérvár FC brewing. 

Another one sided rivalry of course, as they also haven't won an FA Cup the dossers. 

But they have a full set of teeth 
  • Options
    Cancel …….MAY……

insert.       CIRCUS DOBSON
  • Options

Another one sided rivalry of course, as they also haven't won an FA Cup the dossers. 

Unlike you.
  • Options

Tbf, I do have two chipped front teeth I sustained in a skateboarding accident, so they're not too wide of the mark there 
  • Options
    edited July 2
    So we have signed Dobsons replacement, and another player who's supposedly better than Dobson so we would then effectively have Dobson and two spares!

Saying that I would be chuffed if we have Dobson (1) back, perhaps Coventry fancies filling in again?
  • Options
    edited July 2
    Hal1x said:
    So we have signed Dobsons replacement, and another player who's supposedly better than Dobson so we would then effectively have Dobson and two spares!
    Dobson coming back would be a massive slap in the face to Scott :)
  • Options
    edited July 2
    I think Jones loves Dobbo but not only that, he thinks and has said as much that he can make him an even better player. It is quite possible this love is reciprocated and if so I suppose silence is required whilst Dobbo extracates himself from his hungarian contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He won’t come back to Charlton . You just know it . 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Hang on. He writes for Nemzeti Sport so they seem a bit tabloidy, but are a Hungarian sports daily. Article on Dobbo linked here (in Hungarian): https://www.nemzetisport.hu/labdarugo-nb-i/2024/07/fehervar-az-angol-kozeppalyas-visszamondta-a-szerzodeset-ns-info 

According to Nemzeti Sport, citing family reasons, English midfielder George Dobson, who grew up in Arsenal and signed with Fehérvár FC in the winter, canceled his contract with Fehérvár, the preliminary contract would have entered into force on July 1.

For months, the tug-of-war has been going on in Fehérvár around the 26-year-old midfielder George Dobson, who was recruited from the English third division Charlton. .

Dobson would have been acquired by Fehérvár FC from London already in the winter, but Charlton Athletic backed out at the last moment, even though the clubs had already verbally agreed, so the midfielder could not transfer to Hungary during the winter transfer period, he had to wait until his contract in London expired. In his last season, however, he stood out for himself, helping his team stay in the league with two goals and four assists in 43 championships. After that, however, he said goodbye to the club, despite the insistence of the team's fans and the manager, Nathan Jones. Charlton also said goodbye to him on their official website.

After that, on July 1st, he was supposed to join the Fehérvár team, which had changed coaches in the meantime - Tamás Pető took the place of Bartosz Grzelak, who had already negotiated with Dobson in the winter. We know that the midfielder arrived in Fehérvár last week and was supposed to be introduced this week, but he ended up canceling his contract citing family reasons. According to our information, he is no longer in Hungary.

The club did not wish to comment on the matter for the time being.

Our information related to Fehérvár is that the club has selected Dominik Csontos, a player from ETO FC Győr Fehérvár, to replace Bence Gergényi, who signed for Újpest this week. However, since the defender recently extended his contract with ETO, the question is whether Fehérvár would be able to reach an agreement with Győr on the signing of the player.

My father, godfather and good old "Uncle" Joska (who went onto become the Hungarian football Manager believe it or not) all used to write for Nepsport in the 1950s which was what Nemzeti Sport used to be known as I believe. It was a far more serious sports paper in those days of course! 
  • Options
    I hope the club publishes something soon about what is going on - before this site goes into complete meltdown...unless they are saving it in an effort to mitigate the May news...?
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    I don't think it will actually, Dobson and his agent held firm on the contract and so did Scott do they decided to go to Hungary. Now that's nixed and Dobbo is a free agent, I don't think Scott or the club is going to offer more than what they offered in December/January...
  • Options
    Do you think we can get Alfie back as well?
    Reminds me a bit of "Its a knockout" when the wallies run full pelt up the slippery slope, to suddenly get yoinked back by the huge elastic band on their back.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Hal1x said:
    I don't think it will actually, Dobson and his agent held firm on the contract and so did Scott do they decided to go to Hungary. Now that's nixed and Dobbo is a free agent, I don't think Scott or the club is going to offer more than what they offered in December/January...

Wonder if Scott has that much power anymore though. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Hal1x said:
    Scott does not rate Dobson and allegedly do not get on.
    Scott would not welcome back Dobson with open arms.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If it helps with the backlash he's about to get when May leaving is announced, he absolutely would
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Hal1x said:
    Think we all know who we'd rather have at the club.
    Katrien Miere?
  • Options
    Surely Dobson jumping ship means he’s already agreed terms with us? Otherwise he be breaking the contract on a whim?
  • Options
    People seem simultaneously happy about Dobson and upset that it's a circus. The circus is fun though, you love going to the circus. I don't see the problem.

Now a midfield of Coventry, Dobson and Berry, is that creative enough? That's the question.
  • Options
    Surely Dobson jumping ship means he’s already agreed terms with us? Otherwise he be breaking the contract on a whim?
    There are others teams around
  • Options
    Will get spun as one in, one out.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    There are others teams around
    Never said there wasn’t. From the wages I’m hearing he was going to be on in Hungary, at the lower tax rate. Why would he jump ship to be on less wages in England unless there was some personal attachment to a club, Charlton.
  • Options
    PWR... But this makes Dobson's decision even more baffling now!!
  • Options
    edited July 2
    PWR... But this makes Dobson's decision even more baffling now!!
    Can only think it was pitched as this is the best offer you will get, so would be foolish to not take it now. Since signing we have the arrival of Jones, who has
    publicly praised him and made him feel valued, and the additional 6 months have probably resulted in reflection that the additional wages in Hungary probably aren’t worth it.

In my own career I took a job for a higher salary and even before starting the first day I was regretting the decision. From that aspect I think it could make sense.