Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136

Comments

• Options
    edited July 4
    Addick_8 said:
    Be interesting what we do if we fail to land any of our midfield targets.
    We’ve already signed one.

Am sure if Dobbo was really keen to come back and Jones was really keen to have him then it would happen.

If it doesn’t then one of those must not be true and we move on.
  • Options
    My source said Dobson would love to come back but realises he offers nothing that Connor Coventry can't do much better as a player and that Connor is also a much better human being.

So George has turned down our improved offer and is heading for pastures new.
    When it’s on the official web site
  • Options
    edited July 4
    I find it hard to believe that the Hungarians have allowed this situation to unfold without “some kind” of compensation.
    If my suspicions are correct, there’s only one source this would come from…..namely us?
    As such that might have been done with an agreement from George to re-sign.
    I realise there’s a few “if’s and maybe’s” in my thought process…..does anyone think this might be the case?

• Options
    All depends on what was in his contract. As it's been said many times, they're not as sound a financial position as they thought they would be and have changed manager recently, so maybe Dobson has done them a favour here
  • Options
    I find it hard to believe that the Hungarians have allowed this situation to unfold without “some kind” of compensation.
    If my suspicions are correct, there’s only one source this would come from…..namely us?
    As such that might have been done with an agreement from George to re-sign.
    I realise there’s a few “if’s and maybe’s” in my thought process…..does anyone think this might be the case?

When I heard that the deal had collapsed, my immediate reaction was that he was coming back to us, no question. Mainly because of what Jones has said since January on the subject. I even thought that it may have been ongoing dialogue between us and Dobbo that made the deal collapse. When you think of the restructuring and Scott being demoted, it's almost like it was done to accommodate a Dobbo return.

Oh well
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Dobson not coming back. Thought there was half a chance but was shut down.
    @Addick_8 - When you say he ain't coming back, are you 100% certain?
    Of course he’s not 
  • Options
    edited July 4
    Probably living in cuckoo land, but maybe Dobbo gets announced with the new kit reveal? I dunno… 🤷 one can dream…
  • Options
    I’m still very much in the Dobbo isn’t going anywhere camp ! Why on earth would he want to leave ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My source said Dobson would love to come back but realises he offers nothing that Connor Coventry can't do much better as a player and that Connor is also a much better human being.

So George has turned down our improved offer and is heading for pastures new.
    When it’s on the official web site
    Or someone else's.
    WIOCL...🙄
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Dobson not coming back. Thought there was half a chance but was shut down this morning.
    By who? 
    Wasn't anyone in the club. 
    His wife?
    Bloke in the pet shop his wife buys food from for the tropical fish. Apparently.
    It was one of the pet shop boys 
    The plot thickens 

It's a sin..............him not coming back.
  • Options
    @Vjacheslav may not be aware of this new thread and may have something  he can share about Dobbo‘s likely next move (although he too may have to keep some things P&C)
  • Options
    Given the league situation he came into and the squad he had available at the time, I can absolutely understand NJ keeping Dobson around until the end of the season................ and what a great job he did for us too.
    Does he want him next year? We'll find out I guess.
    If he does go elsewhere I hope it all works out for him and his family........ and it will be interesting to see where it is.
  • Options
    Coventry wearing 14 in training for those sadists still thinking Dobson will return
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Coventry wearing 14 in training for those sadists still thinking Dobson will return
    At this point I'll take it I guess. At least it's not 40
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Dobson not coming back. Thought there was half a chance but was shut down this morning.
    By who? 
    Wasn't anyone in the club. 
    His wife?
    Bloke in the pet shop his wife buys food from for the tropical fish. Apparently.
    It was one of the pet shop boys 
    The plot thickens 
    Dobbo's going to Go West. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Think it would be a decent move for him. Probably they could at least match his wage too if money really was the issue and he'd get a fair  amount of playing time most likely.
  • Options
    Be a great signing for Wrexham tbf.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I seem to remember we turned down a bid from Wrexham last year? Likely continued their interest in Dobbo.  
  • Options
    George's agent is the ex Walsall player Darren Wrack. For interest if we are keen in Ted Bishop, they both have the same agent.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    George's agent is the ex Walsall player Darren Wrack. For interest if we are keen in Ted Bishop, they both have the same agent.
    For the bizarre move to Hungary alone George should sack Wrack.
    Sack, back and Wrack
    Or

sack Wrack & come back…
  • Options
    With Terry Taylor now fit and Fraser back from loan do we really need Dobson back? 
  • Options
    Wrack Sack e used to play for us 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    For the bizarre move to Hungary alone George should sack Wrack.
    Sack, back and Wrack
    Once you've had Wrack, you never go back
  • Options
    Signed for Wrexham