Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136

Comments

• Options
    Dobbo left Charlton !!! When did that happen ?
  • Options
    Dobbo left Charlton !!! When did that happen ?
    Midnight on Sunday. 
  • Options
    edited July 2
    sam3110 said:
    Hal1x said:
    So we have signed Dobsons replacement, and another player who's supposedly better than Dobson so we would then effectively have Dobson and two spares!
    Dobson coming back would be a massive slap in the face to Scott :)
    I don't think it will actually, Dobson and his agent held firm on the contract and so did Scott do they decided to go to Hungary. Now that's nixed and Dobbo is a free agent, I don't think Scott or the club is going to offer more than what they offered in December/January...
    Scott does not rate Dobson and allegedly do not get on.
    Scott would not welcome back Dobson with open arms.
    Good, sign on the dotted line George.
  • Options
    People seem simultaneously happy about Dobson and upset that it's a circus. The circus is fun though, you love going to the circus. I don't see the problem.

Now a midfield of Coventry, Dobson and Berry, is that creative enough? That's the question.
    No of course not but if we sign Godden we could send Coventry to Coventry in part exchange & bring in a decent midfielder.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Will get spun as one in, one out.
    Dobbo out, Dobbo in  :#
  • Options
    To everyone getting excited, remember the main problem was we weren't willing to pay Dobson what he wanted. That might not have changed.

YoU dOnt RaTe DobBo!!!!111?!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    To everyone getting excited, remember the main problem was we weren't willing to pay Dobson what he wanted. That might not have changed.
    Thought in his interviews towards the end of the season, Jones was implying that wouldn't be a problem.

Also raises that question again, were this Hungarian outfit the only club in Europe who'd pay Dobbo what he wanted?

Unless playing European football was his initial motivation? 
    It always puzzled me how an apparently no-mark agent would be able to identify Fehervar of all the clubs in Europe who might be seriously interested in Dobbo. 

Turns out (thanks to @Vjacheslav) that he didn't. It was a Hungarian scout, formally with Fehervar, now working for Brentford, who tipped them off about Dobbo. The agent actually did sod all work to get Fehervar's interest. He probably knew as much about Fehervar as most of us. 

Trouble is that means the agent has lost out on an earner. So he's now got his own agenda, and is on the blower to Birmingham or Huddersfield as we speak. He's probably heard of them.
  • Options
    edited July 2
    Can't see anything but him signing for another L1 club.  He might be hoping for some Championship interest of course.

• Options
    Exactly what i'm expecting too, everyone getting their hopes up that he's coming back, but quietly forgetting that there's possibly half a dozen clubs in the division who'd be prepared to pay him more than us.
  • Options
    This has got Birmingham written all over it, although I've heated they're keeping Bielik around so just maybe...
  • Options
    I'll try to get to the bottom of it, as I'm off to Hungary next week to get my teeth done.
  • Options
    I'll try to get to the bottom of it, as I'm off to Hungary next week to get my teeth done.
    We'll brace ourselves for your report.
    I'll try to build a bridge between our clubs, as the gap needs filling
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going for a Rylan or a Klopp?
  • Options
    This has got Birmingham written all over it, although I've heated they're keeping Bielik around so just maybe...
    I think Birmingham will be aiming higher. Huddersfield, Wrexham, Rotherham or back to us I reckon 
  • Options
    Going for a Rylan or a Klopp?
    You jest, but I actually had all my teeth done a couple of months ago.........in Stratford  :#
  • Options
    Can't see anything but him signing for another L1 club.  He might be hoping for some Championship interest of course.

Oxford I reckon
  • Options
    My money is on Wrexham
  • Options
    Dobbo waiting for offer from CAFC will give it till friday before considering other offers
  • Options
    Dobbo waiting for offer from CAFC will give it till friday before considering other offers
    Thought he’d been waiting for the right offer from us for months already so why wait another three days?
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Genuinely don’t believe Dobbo is coming back, reckon he will have other offers.

He knows Charlton and the Manager who played him regularly last season. Fans love him. 
    I think it would take a lot more money from elsewhere to get him. IMHO
  • Options
    Dobbo will probably hold out all summer for a deal eleswhere & when it gets to deadline day sign for us as his only option. But then he will be unfit as he hasn't trained all summer & wont be fully fit until late October.