Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup 21/22

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Awful camera angle for the pens, what was that all about? If it aint broke dont fix it!
  • Options
    Ha ha, Kepa deserves that after refusing to come off for a shootout a few years ago.
    Exactly, absolute hypocrite, can't bring me off for penalties, but fine to make a change if I'm coming on.
  • Options
    And giving it the big un for every penalty and pretty much ignoring the ref. 
  • Options
    I wonder who is better at taking penalties in training out of Mendy and Kepa.
  • Options
    Awful camera angle for the pens, what was that all about? If it aint broke dont fix it!
    The Reece James penalty angle was crazy, looked like he was taking it from about 5 yards away.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    And giving it the big un for every penalty and pretty much ignoring the ref. 
    consistently refusing to get back on his line, ref should've booked him - then said once more and you are off and one of those on the halfway line is gonna have to go in goal. The Liverpool keeper was straight on his line every time
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Looks onside to me
    Why on earth do they put a blue line on the Liverpool player and a red line on the Chelsea player?
    Is it me or does that make absolutely no sense?
  • Options
    Maybe they always use those colours, blue for defence and red for attack?
  • Options
    I am genuinely surprised we don't get more penalty shoot-outs like the one yesterday - I guess maybe they are becoming more common given the Europa Lge final last year was basically the same.

It's not that hard to take a penalty, and these are professional footballers - especially once you're at the latter stages of competitions, they're really good players.

They should all be scoring, or at least a large proportion of them.  How hard is it for a professional footballer to stick it in the top half of a goal from 12yds out?

By the looks of this, do that and you have a 94/95% chance of it going in.

• Options
    Maybe they always use those colours, blue for defence and red for attack?
    I thought it was the case that if Lakuka was onside then both lines would be blue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am genuinely surprised we don't get more penalty shoot-outs like the one yesterday - I guess maybe they are becoming more common given the Europa Lge final last year was basically the same.

It's not that hard to take a penalty, and these are professional footballers - especially once you're at the latter stages of competitions, they're really good players.

They should all be scoring, or at least a large proportion of them.  How hard is it for a professional footballer to stick it in the top half of a goal from 12yds out?

Think Goalkeepers having to now stay on their line are making penalties much easier 
  • Options
    So many more penalty takers are now more sophisticated and employ a technique or other to make the keeper commit. That’s why we now see so many penalties go into the net relatively slowly. In past times it tended to be “pick a side” and belt it. That increases the chances of a miss kick and gives the keeper a 50% chance if guessing correctly. 
  • Options
    Penalty shoot out penalties should be like hockey penalties. Player starts midway in the attacking half and dribbles at the keeper for a 1 on 1. Would be a great watch  
  • Options

Think Goalkeepers having to now stay on their line are making penalties much easier 
    Unless you're a mountain like Donnarumma
  • Options
    Penalty shoot out penalties should be like hockey penalties. Player starts midway in the attacking half and dribbles at the keeper for a 1 on 1. Would be a great watch  
    MLS did it ages ago, and it got mocked for being an Americanism whereas I agree that it could be pretty entertaining, it's more varied than the normal penalties.

However, there's issues with it, what happens if the keeper fouls the player?  A normal penalty?  

I also wonder if it would be too easy, a 1 on 1 with a whole half and no defenders, surely they'd all learn to chip the keeper if he comes out and slide it past if he doesn't?  Although, again, penalties are also pretty easy so maybe its not much different.
  • Options
    Possibly the best 0-0 game I have ever seen.
  • Options
    So many more penalty takers are now more sophisticated and employ a technique or other to make the keeper commit. That’s why we now see so many penalties go into the net relatively slowly. In past times it tended to be “pick a side” and belt it. That increases the chances of a miss kick and gives the keeper a 50% chance if guessing correctly. 
    Wasn't there a ruling a few years ago banning players from stuttering penalties, the sort where the taker dummies their kick to send a keeper the wrong way first, before kicking the ball properly into the empty part of the goal? They don't seem to crack down on it now?
  • Options
    Wasn't there a ruling a few years ago banning players from stuttering penalties, the sort where the taker dummies their kick to send a keeper the wrong way first, before kicking the ball properly into the empty part of the goal? They don't seem to crack down on it now?
    You can slow down but not stop entirely.